Bad
Good

Impact Academy of Arts and Technology 1

Posted May 06, 2015
I don't feel supported, the school makes things too hard on the students, we all complain that the school is hard and the benchmark defenses are always on there way and I even had numerous mental break downs because the work is very overwhelming and I can't tell a teacher that because I think they would say something like "well that's good that there struggling, that means that they are learning", I don't believe you'll learn from struggling, this school makes me want to drop out. Students hate the school, I know because I know a vast majority do hate this school.

Posted February 06, 2015
I graduated from Impact four years ago. Now I'm finishing my last semester of college and will soon be the first in my family with a degree. A school's value goes beyond API scores and AP classes. Impact prepared me with the skills and professionalism I needed to navigate and succeed in college and in the job market. Impact students gain experience with public speaking, managing multiple projects, and professional development though Impact's Workplace Learning Experience program. The relationships students have with their teachers and other adults while at Impact develop a sense of maturity, respect, and confidence that I see missing from most other teenagers. In the 8th grade I dreaded the idea of attending Impact when most of my fiends would be at other high schools, but now I can't thank my parents enough for having made that decision for me.

Posted January 22, 2015
Impact has been the most eye opening experience in education that I have ever had. It has opened a world to my children that they would never have known if they had attended another local school. The staff have always been extremely supportive. They are some of the most caring and dedicated individuals I have ever known.

Posted January 08, 2015
I have an Impact graduate and another on his way. I love Impact, but more importantly my kids do, too. Learning isn t a passive activity at Impact; it s engaging, collaborative, and relevant. Each student is assigned a teacher who serves as his/her advisor for two consecutive years: one for freshman/sophomore years and another for junior/senior years. This affords a student special attention and support - two ingredients to success that are lacking in most other high schools. The staff is easily accessible and very responsive. And there s a strong sense of community where parents are like minded in the importance of students developing lifelong critical thinking skills.

Posted December 26, 2014
I am founding parent that has been with Impact for 10 yrs and still counting .... My children have excel in public speaking and have grown to become great learners. Two of my three children have gone to college and have excelled in writing, analyzing and collaboration at the college level and keep a 3.0 GPA. Im able to email teachers and find out if my child is where they should be. Never a bad experience with any of the administration. Now in 2014 my son is enjoying the learning environment, had a blast with his Exhibition loves his after school clubs. No peer pressure nor bullying and he loves to go to school everyday...

Impact Academy of Arts and Technology 1

Posted November 16, 2014
Worst experience of my life going here. Kids and many teachers treated me with little respect all through out the four years I spent here. During my senior year, I had a traumatic experience involving the school, and they did very little to help me in order to keep the situation on the down low. Really regret going to this high-school.

Posted September 17, 2013
Impact is the best school in east Bay Area. My daughter graduated in 2013 and she is going to UCSC. My son is a freshmen here in Impact. I am so happy and also big fan of Impact, they have the best teachers, staff and students.

Impact Academy of Arts and Technology 4

Posted January 30, 2013
The school provides a great intimate invironment where students can know their teachers and the teachers know them. I concur with the post of 10-29-12 the 11th grade Language Arts teacher is lacking (doesn't post grades but once a month and then it's too late to fix bad grade problems, failed to assist a student even after parent involvement) and has failed to help two students that I personally know. Every other teacher has been great, interested in students doing well and helping to resolve what ever is stopping the student from doing their best. Motivated! As a freshman my son was afraid to attempt his physics class, then he came home and proudly said, "I love physics!!" My son was a D and F student prior to Impact. He now has a 2.5 GPA. It's a hands on school so it's fun and things just "click" for the students. Safe invironment and they take the rules seriously. MUCH BETTER than Hayward High.

Posted December 10, 2009
I am happy student in Impact all of the teachers are great and they all support me when i need help. They never let me fall behind and thanks to that my grades are good. Im glad i have the opportunity to attend this great school!

Impact Academy of Arts and Technology

Posted October 05, 2008
I am a proud parent of a founding student at Impact Academy. The entire staff are so dedicated to helping your child achieve their dreams! Every event that goes on at the school is just amazing! The way I have watched my daughter blossom still amazes me! I look forward to my son joining her!

Impact Academy of Arts and Technology
2560 Darwin Street, Hayward, CA  94545
Last modified Impact Academy of Arts and Technology is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.