Stellar Preparatory High School 5

Posted October 21, 2014
We started our son at Stellar Prep High School in 2011 when the school first opened.The class room sizes is what impressed us the most. Your son cannot get lost in the system like most schools. The teachers stay on top of their student's academics. Through the last couple of years we have had some bumps in the road but that happens in each in every school. Our school is no where near perfect but what school is. Our son wouldn't be where he is today if it wasn't for the vision Coach Gumbs has for our Stellar Prep young men. If I had the chance to change anything regarding my son's education, I wouldn't change a thing!!! Thank you Coach Gumbs for your vision!!!

Stellar Preparatory High School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
The only thing this school prepares boys for is prison! They do not care how they act at all. They are not being prepared to be decent, contributing members of society. They don't even make them go to school 5 days a week. The main focus is sports. It doesn't matter to this school how they win a game, just IF they win. These kids are being robbed!

Stellar Preparatory High School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
What a difference a change of environment and the stepping out on faith can make! God is opening opportunities for my family and especially my son. I decided months ago to take my son out of public school and transfer him to Stellar Prep High School which is a smaller classroom setting with less distraction. It is also built around the success of your student becoming a academic athlete. Did he resist the change in the beginning, YES! Because he wouldn't see girls all day and be around people that he thought he was like. A person becomes his environment the majority of the time and I knew in my heart his environment needed to be changed for him to be successful! Don't get me wrong he isn't perfect, but he is moving in the right direction to focus more on going to college and becoming a positive young man! Change is good if you're trying to ensure your successful! Becoming what God has destine for you to become, instead of what society had decided what you will be is SUCCESSFUL ALL ON IT'S OWN! THANKS STELLAR PREPARATORY HIGH FOR GIVEN MY SON THIS OPPORTUNITY!

Stellar Preparatory High School 4

Posted April 04, 2014
My son has been attending Stellar Prep for a year now. He has made a major improvement in grades and motivation in such a short amount of time. In that short amount of time the school has delivered on all of their promises. Classes are 4 days a week, and the classes are NOT 35 min long as stated in the last parent review. The school hours are from 8:30 to 3. And on Fridays the boys are supposed to do community services, or SAT and ACT training/prep. They do not meet in conference rooms, but they have an actual school located at 2021 Highland Blvd, Hayward Ca. Another very important attribute that my son has never received before is all of the attention and help he is receiving from the staff at Stellar Prep. The Coach and Teachers are able to focus more on my sons weakness and areas that he needs help in. At Stellar Prep he has received the help that he was not getting at any of the other schools that he has attended in the past. The Coaches and Teachers are driven to the success of the students and it shows. I think that Stellar Prep s actions should speak for themselves. They are a little school that is striving for major success and all for our children.

Stellar Preparatory High School 1

Posted December 16, 2012
Consider your options carefully before sending your son to Stellar Prep. While the intentions to prepare young men for their academic and sports careers, the school fails miserably. Their goal is to make athletes more appealing to college recruits. However, it is unlikely considering how the school is ran. The school only meets 4 days a week, and classes are only 35 minutes long. This means that other schools have twice as much instructional times than them. This will definitely adversely affect their SAT and ACT scores because they will only cover half the material that the College Board will expect. Additionally, classes do not meet in classrooms. They meet in conference rooms that are not properly equipped. At best you have a single white board, and at worst you have an easel board and pad. Most classes do not even have textbooks of any kind. How can you expect them to learn Geometry without a text? Science classes do not have a lab component. They are not WASC accredited, and most likely would be denied. In a word--Beware!

Stellar Preparatory High School
1570 Ward Street, Hayward, CA  94541
Last modified Stellar Preparatory High School is a Private school that serves grade 9
Stellar Preparatory High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top