No rating

Saint Clement Catholic School

Private | K-8 | 265 students

Living in Hayward

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $220,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,480.

Posted November 11, 2012

This school is in a renaissance period. The new principal has a vision, and there's already a chance in attitude w/some parents that see positive traction in getting the school to a better point. I think leadership has been lacking for a few years now, but w/the new principal and new, dedicated teachers coming onboard that provide fresh ideas and new ways of getting through to the children. It's a shame that parents who have been here for years are unwilling to give more of their time, but perhaps they are in a "wait-and-see" approach w/the new principal. She can't make it all happen; parents, teachers, faculty, students, alumni, and parishioners need to come together to make St. Clement a better school.

Posted March 3, 2012

Having looked at all the schools in the area both public and private for my daughters I was very impressed with what I saw when I visited St. Clement School. They both received the education and values to carry them through high school and college. I thank the wonderful faculty and staff for their dedication to educate the whole child.

Posted December 6, 2011

My child has been at St. Clement for several years. The education provided there is very uneven. Some of the teachers are excellent and very well qualified, and some are not. I've seen spelling and grammatical errors on teacher-created handouts and worksheets. I like the warmth and supportive environment, but the education provided is mediocre. Additionally, the school does not communicate effectively with parents. It has improved this a bit by moving to more email and web-based communication, but the communication still is greatly in need of improvement.

Posted November 24, 2011

I have two children at St. Clement and its been a positive, supportive experience throughout the last eight years. The teachers are not only qualified but care for the children and their progress. While there is no foreign language taught or extensive sports program, they do have excellent music and computer programs. I do not doubt my children will be quite ready for high school when they leave St. Clement. I am grateful for the strong values, kind and safe community that is in place and recommend it to parents looking for a rounded education for their kids.

Posted June 28, 2010

I really do love this school....St. Clement has been a part of my families life for many years. For the people that say they don't like this school, there is something wrong with you. St. Clement has more than qualified teachers who work at the school and many support staff that care and help the children. Not many schools out there have an assistant in every classroom. St. Clement is like one big family..Everyone looks out for eachother, just how Jesus did. I would highly recomment this school to anyone who wants the best education for their children and the most loving teachers and staff in Hayward.

Posted September 12, 2009

Now the our child is in a different private school we could see all the improvements, and we feel like we somehow wasted our time going to school at St. Clement.

Posted May 29, 2009

School does not have a recognition program in place for students who excel on their class work or subjects. There should be an ongoing placement tests if students are below or beyond expectations on either math or reading. St. Clements should also offer a program to enhance their abilities for kids that above their grade level. A foreign language class should also be offered.

Posted November 24, 2008

I would highly recommend this school to parents who are looking for a well rounded education and a safe environment for their child. Our experience at St. Clement has been very positive and I look forward to sending the rest of my children to this school.

Posted September 24, 2008

We are more than satisfied with the education that is given at St. Clement School. The students are held to high expectations, and at the same time supported by all the faculty and staff. Math and English instruction is taught at the right level and at the right pace. Not only is the school preparing the student academically, more important, the students are taught life lessons of how to be compassionate, just, problem solvers, and goal setters. The students that do go onto Moreau Catholic High School return to the school and tell their former teachers that they were more than prepared for high school.

Posted September 19, 2008

My child was in another private school before coming to St. Clement's and I can tell you that St. Clement's is by far superior to the other school my child attended. the care and compassion of the staff and faculty is awesome. I know my child is safe when I leave her off every morning. Her education is far and above what I know she would have received from her other school. I feel St. Clement's really prepares their students for Moreau.

Posted September 18, 2008

I have been going to this school 8 years, since kindergarden, and I love it. I am graduating next school year and I am a student council leader. I know all the teachers very well, and they all seem to know me. I do not believe that our school needs a big improvement, but I know we will get better. The teachers know all the material, and are getting better at it. I know my school will rise to the challenge. The teachers are encouraging and helpful. None of the teachers need to retire, unless they want to of course. The books are old, but they all carry valuable information for all us students. When I gradutate next school year I know all the younger students will succeed. So rate what ever you want, but I know my school is the greatest I have ever been to. =) -a Girl :]
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 18, 2008

I have three children who attend St. Clement. Not only are they getting a great education they are Happy and Well Rounded children.

Posted September 18, 2008

This school has a great program that prepares its kids for high school and beyond. Many of our former students have entered into honors classes and leadership positions in high schools around the Hayward area. Our curriculum is updated in all classes with new math books, language arts books and, most recently, science books. We have a successful 8th grade Algebra class and smaller teacher-to-student ratio math classes in 6th and 7th grade. Our kindergarten through fifth grade program truly is excellent and teaches children not just to be good students but to be good people. Many teachers use diverse techniques to reach all students from dissecting clams in third grade to building California mission models in fourth grade. St. Clement School's community does not just have an excellent learning environment but also cares about its students and provides a safe place to learn.

Posted September 5, 2008

St. Clement really needs a big improvement in academics, the majority of the teachers need to retire and follow into the footsteps of their principal. We wish them luck with the new principal but not much hope by keeping the same staff. I have to admit they have strong family values but we are also paying for them to learn something academic wise.

Posted June 8, 2007

I would like to see some sort of tutorial program set up for kids that need extra help in math and english. I do think that it's awesome that i can come to work and know that my children are safe. Also when there's a problem with regards to a student the situation needs to be resolved right away but if the parent is having a problem with a teacher - it takes a bit longer to resolve. Great school overall.

Posted March 1, 2007

I think this school should update their books every few years. My son's just received a new Science book this school yr all other books are at least 10 years old. I think tutoring should be more available after school especially in extended care. School is very family oriented and the staff is very friendly.

Posted January 9, 2007

Need to focus more on math and english subjects so students can be prepared when they go to Moreau Catholic High. Seemed like students needs to take summer classes for english and math before starting at Moreau.

Posted October 6, 2006

St. Clements really needs to focus on higher academics especially regarding Math and English. I would suggest a highly experienced teacher for 8th grade so that the students are better prepared for Highschool. The focus before and after school should be assisting those students that need extra help. The school appears to be run more like a family business. It really lacks in leadership and in the quality of their teachers.

Posted April 1, 2005

Seems that since this new principal took over a few years ago, issues don't get resolved and slowly all the parents that care are slowly leaving one by one.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 48% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Ana Hernandez
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Oakland

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

790 Calhoun Street