K-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son has been at Leas Christian school for 4 years. He started out in preschool as a Lion Cub and is now in the 4th grade. I have never had any problems and if there is a problem with behavior or safety it is dealt with swiftly by the staff and the parents in partnership. This is a parent participation school, we help in any way we can and that is what is missing in a lot of schools these days. We do Parent clean up day so we can see the teachers in a different light and get to know them outside of school. Our kids spend 6-8 hours per day in class, I would want to make sure they have a clean environment to learn. This is a way for Parents to get to know each other and support their school at the same time. I love the fact that my son knows ALL of the kids in his school from primary grades all the way down to preschool. It is a small and close knit community. We participate as much as we are able to, which is why I think my son is thriving here. I was also advised by the school to have my son evaluated, and upon the advice of 3 different staff we did the responsible thing. We had each of the teachers that work with our son fill out a packet provided by the psychologist and had an individual assessment done one on one. This was a 6 week process just for them to process the paperwork and questionairres. They do NOT do this via a phone call and make a diagnosis, I am speaking from experience! He did have a diagnosis of ADHD and we are working with the teachers on an IEP plan. This led to a better understanding of how our son learns. The psychologist even went out to the school to do an in-service where all the staff was able to ask questions. Private schools are not mandated to work with us on an individual learning plan, we are so fortunate that not only are they willing but did implement the suggestions given to them by the doctor. I appreciate the experience the staff has and their methods of teaching. They incorporate old school methods as well as some Core teaching. The school does require you to wear uniforms which I personally like but may not be for everyone. Best decision we have ever made!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

First of all the teacher was inexperienced. It was her first year teaching kindergarten. I felt my son was constantly badgered and told what not to do rather than be redirected and reinforced the good things . My son reported to me that he felt as though he could not report anything to the teacher as he felt he would be "yelled at" and was told not to "tattle tail" (an-age-inappropriate subject that was taught to a class of 4 and 5 year old children). I found this school not to be suitable for parents who both work or single parents. The school relies on the parents to do a lot of the work which included a lot of homework, fundraising activities with minimum monies that needed to be raised, volunteering (such as cleaning up the school premise and driving students to field trips), news letters (parents need to sign off that they attest to have read them), and meetings. In addition, the school has no problem suspending my 5 year old who happened to shove a student or did a raspberry in another student's face. I was asked during the middle of a work day to come pick my son up from school because he has shoved another boy. "How can I just pick up and leave work like that?" "Was it an emergency?" I was told by the school to consult my son's pediatrician regarding his behavior, which I did. My son's pediatrician informed me that shoving, pushing, hitting at this age were normal child behavior, especially when he was transitioning to a new school for kindergarten. Then the school (met with the principle and primary teacher) loosely tossed out that my son may have ADHD and asked me to pursue further evaluation with a child psychologist. Again, I abide, but the psychologist did not think my son had ADHD, and if he did that it was very very mild. The child psychologist then asked to speak to my son's teacher. He made multiple attempts (3), but the teacher would not return his calls. How can a school loosely suggest my son has ADHD, tells me to pursue help, insist they are always there to help children, then turns its back on the phone evaluation requested by the child psychologist? Such hypocrisy! Lastly, after my son's last suspension, the principle calls for a meeting with me and my husband, designates a date and time, and when we informed her we could not make it, she informs us that due to our lack of cooperation, our son is now expelled. Unbelievable!

Wonderful school and the staff are all friendly. My son attended Lion Cubs (pre-school) and Kindergarten here and I was amazed with the things that he had learned. He was far more advanced compared to other kids his age who were attending a different school. The small student/teacher ratio has been very essential. Unfortunately, we had to move our son to a public school and honestly, I miss this school. I wish we can still afford to send him here. The only downside is that it only goes up to 4th grade but other than that, this is a great school.

So glad that me and my husband made the right choice in sending our 2 1/2 yo daughter to preschool. Both school and teachers are all so nice/pleasant plus its always a joy to watch their school performance. I just wish they could extend it to high school :p

This school is a hidden gem in the Hayward Area. My son has been here for a year as a preschooler and is currently in Kindergarten. The teachers are very experienced, the curriculum is advanced above state standards and the class sizes are small. The school is very parent involved and offers after school care with is a plus the us working parents! The primary grades wear uniforms (which I love!) and tuition is very reasonable for a private school. I absolutely would recommend Lea's to anyone looking for a school with experienced teachers, challenging curriculum, small class sizes and reasonable tuition.

I attended Lea's Christian School from Pre-K to 4th grade. It's a very welcoming & safe environment. Teachers and parents maintain strong relationships, and the school's rigorous, successful academic curriculum has extraordinary results among the children. The dedication the students, staff, and parents have as a community is astounding. I'm currently a high school student and I frequently volunteer as a teacher's aid at Lea's whenever time allows me. The teachers have been working at the school for as long as they can remember. Though it's been so many years since I was a student here, the school has continued to stay strong and devoted as thye've always been.

My daughter is currently a 4th grader at Lea's. She started here as 3-yr old pre-schooler in the Teddy Bears class. This is a wonderful, nurturing school. The academics are astounding. My daughter and I both absolutely love this school and would highly recommend it. I only wish they extended the curriculum to the 5th grade!

My daughter just started K and I'm very happy with her progress. I love the focus on academics and the Principal is also an involved teacher and very dovoted to her dual responsibilities. I look forward to the next four years of her education and also plan on enrolling our son there next year. I truly believe that we made the right choice in selecting our kids school. The only sad part is that it only goes up to the 4th grade. But I'll take the years that I know that our children will be learning in a safe environment with small class sizes that allows for individualized attention for the teachers. Another great thing about this school is that parents are very involved. Compared to other public schools in our area, I'll say that this school would be a 10!

Last modified Lea's Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-4