Hemet, CA

Helen Hunt Jackson Alternative High School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
My son is a special ed student, which means he is supposed to get help from the resource teacher with his independent study assignments if he needs it, but the resource teacher does nothing but text on her phone or sit and eat snacks all day. The aide is the only one who helps the students and she isn't a teacher. Don't bother talking to the new principal - she is cold and unapproachable - the staff can't stand her either. She will pretend to care about your complaint and do nothing. There are other independent study schools - choose one of them instead.

Posted September 16, 2012
My name is Phillip. Attending Helen Hunt Jackson was a decision I would never regret. The atmosphere whilst entering the campus is very nice. The staff just super kind! Teachers "A" for awesome. Library is fun. Math labs are fully of fun experiences. Having a flexible schedule was crucial for me (due to job). Read books, complete homework, traveling job, appointment. This school prepares you for the real world. Take advantage of time. Don't strive for second chances!! A true blessing. Thanks Cindy, you are the best teacher I ever had. Thanks to Helen Hunt Jackson!

Helen Hunt Jackson Alternative High School 4

Posted July 19, 2012
I currently attend HHJ and after the summer of 2012 I will be entering my Junior year. I am ahead of the credits needed and it's a pretty good school. The only problem I face is that the math is online, and the website doesn't work right all the time so it doesn't allow me to get the grade needed for my liking. But no worries, hhj is a terrific school. (:

Posted February 29, 2012
My son was struggling so hard at West Valley, we decided to bring him to Helen Hunt and he is soaring! Not only is he on track to graduate, he is way ahead in his credits! I can't thank the staff enough for the encouragement and individual time they are able to give kids that do not enjoy the high school "atmosphere". The staff could not be kinder, especially Dana, she answers the phones and has always been so helpful. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is wonderful, I just can't say enough positive things about this school. This has really been a blessing for our family.

Posted October 04, 2009
HHJ has some of the coolest teachers!

Posted December 14, 2006
Wow! this school has taught me how to make it in the real world! I love this school so much!

Helen Hunt Jackson Alternative High School
258 North Thompson, Hemet, CA  92543
Last modified Helen Hunt Jackson Alternative High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Helen Hunt Jackson Alternative High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top