Hemet, CA

Posted April 02, 2014
The teachers go out of thier way to give our kids a outstanding education. Some of my kids have thier siblings teachers with the same great results.

Posted March 05, 2014
My daughter has been at Cawston for 3 years so far and loves it! She has enjoyed every teacher she has had. She is excelling there and is 3 reading levels above her grade level. The tide of opinion that overall school test scores are a measure of a "good" school is rather annoying. I think a child will excel where parents put in the effort. Cawston provides a good education and a positive environment and your child will do well there if you are involved. What's sad is parents who DO care not enrolling their child in schools with the slightly lower scores because they feel the education is lacking somehow. The enrollment of more kids with caring concerned parents would only help boost the scores of the school and improve the local community.

Posted February 08, 2012
I disagree with a lot of the negative comments on administration and teachers. I think they are very friendly there with both parents and students. They do care about their students and what the parents have to say. I find that there are lots of hostile parents that go to this school they fight over dropping their children off or picking them up. They create havoc for no reason, we are all there doing the same thing picking up and dropping off our children. There's going to be lots of traffic, if you are running late, than try making it a habit to getting there on time and don't take it out on the ones that are there on time. Otherwise, expect the traffic, and keep your tempers on check. You're talking about rude administration and teachers, look at the example you're setting for your own children. ~Happy Mom :)

Cawston Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2012
My oldest child has been going to this school for 4 years now. Most of the teachers are great. I agree with the others comments about guard duties for recess- they don't seem to be watched very well. I have volunteered and seen a lot of inappropriate behavior. I have also seen and heard the guard duty ladies yelling and handling children quite rough. If you work with children, you should be able to handle them appropriately. I haven't had any issues with the staff and I agree with some of the other parents about the teacher to student ratio- 30 to 1 is way too high!! I love the principal and the vice principal (Ms. Chambers) is new this year so I don't really know her yet. All of the teachers my children have had are great, wonderful, full hearted, hard working teachers and any issues or concerns I've had have been worked out quickly and efficiently. Great group of teachers and great Principal.

Cawston Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2011
Agree about the Clean campus,If only H.U.S.D. would fire half the staff and administration to replace with new knowledgable, caring,administration it would probably be a better school.Yes, they have a few great teachers there.With my experience I think most of them would be better off not working with children.They are not equipped to handle special needs children.Nor do they have the patience.

Cawston Elementary School 3

Posted August 10, 2011
The administration is awful.... they all need an attitude adjustment and shouldn't use the budget as an excuse. Some of the teachers need one too. Last years teacher was terrible and cannot relate to handling children at all. She thinks that benching is the thing to do for all her problems.

Cawston Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2011
I have to say the school is very clean and the grounds are very nice.Excellent location. However,I found the office staff very rude and unprofessional.I have been ignored several times at the front desk.I have found the administration picks and chooses who they like and don't like.

Posted March 06, 2011

Posted February 24, 2011
My experience with the school has been great. The teachers care about how the kids are treated and they make sure that the students receive the support that they need. Unfortunately I have seen other parents do not feel that extra support is acceptable and do not appreciate the time it takes the teachers to have meetings to support their child's learning. It's time that we all support the teachers and their well meaning attitudes. Parents who do not want to support their child hinder the learning experiences of the rest of the students. The staff has been positive every time I have had to deal with them.

Posted January 27, 2011
My husband and I love this school. Our children been going there since 2005 and we have experienced nothing but excellence from the principle on down to the teachers. The principle goes around to every class room to see how the teacher's are teaching theirs class and etc... All the teachers are have master's or higher. The officer staff is exceptional. They are very respectful and very nice and show great concern about every problem that comes their way. The whole school staff loves the kids and that makes a big difference, they love seeing the kids excel. Mrs. Mathis

Cawston Elementary School
4000 West Menlo Avenue, Hemet, CA  92545
Last modified Cawston Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cawston Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top