Hemet, CA

Posted May 16, 2013
Fruitvale is simply the best! The office staff is absolutely amazing. The Principal is caring and understanding and the teachers are really supportive. From what I've seen over the past few years are more and more parents who are rude, can't get their kids to school on time, and are completely inconsiderate when it comes to the drop off and pick up procedures. I think that if more of the parents would be decent humans then our kids would have a much more pleasant and successful elementary school experience. I volunteer quite a bit at the school and see just what the office manager and the principal deal with. I am appauled by some of the families that have moved into town. Get involved - POSITIVELY - with your children's future and don't look to pass the buck or the blame onto the school... Thank you Fruitvale staff for all that you do for our children and for the community!

Posted December 13, 2012
Pretty amazing detective work. The principal was in my room for 40 minutes meeting with 5 individual student regarding their state test scores, class behavior, and homework completion. The students have a twenty minute morning recess, 40 minutes of PE twice a week, and 10 minutes after they finish their lunch. Also we have a part-time assistant principal that also teaches PE. The administrators are required to attend meetings at the district office during the school day and complete reports, do teacher evaluations, discipline, approve every small activity, purchase, and monitor student progress. Military strategy tells us that the effective "span of control" is seven and that effectiveness diminishes after that. With thirty-eight teachers plus support staff and a full compliment of students, anyone that looks at the site objectively would be impressed.

Fruitvale Elementary School 2

Posted December 12, 2012
Is it really so difficult for the principal and other staff to remove themselves from the desk and go personally speak with a child? Or maybe its that the staff doesn't really know where any particular child is at any given time because children spend a considerable amount of their day on the playground. Shame on you for dismissing community members opinions and claiming they are "disgruntled". It's everyone business in Hemet to build a safe, strong, and educated community and that starts with the Elementary schools. Oh and Fruitvale Elementary ranked 3648th out of 5186 elementary schools in CA in 2011. Yeah real "top notch".

Posted October 07, 2011
Working for Fruitvale Elementary has definitely been life-changing. My colleagues are so dedicated and have such a passion for teaching that makes coming to work everyday so enjoyable. My husband and I were so impressed with the school that we even purchased a home in the area just so that our children could attend Fruitvale. It's a geat school with caring staff. Thank you for all that you do for our students and thank you for making Fruitvale a great place to work!!!

Posted March 17, 2011
The principal at the school is incredible. She has gone out of her way numerous times to assist my son when he is struggling to keep up with his peers. She has even extended an offer to provide him with one on one tutoring after school if need be. The teachers are excellent as well.

Fruitvale Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
This school has been great for my son, The staff keeps me informed at all times, and even if I have a concern and drop in someone there will always help me. Silva and Brooks are wonderful and attentive.

Posted December 10, 2009

Fruitvale Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2009
We love being a part of the Friutvale community.Our Daughter is learning so much more than the A,B,C'S. She is learning community spirit and real values that we hope will help her the rest of her life.Of course she is also getting an excellent education.Our daughter is doing so well that we (us and the school) work together to challenge her.There are extra services available, if you ask and the staff always is willing to help in anyway.She has not been in school for very long but we already feel we know everyone,the teachers,the staff,the helpers,the PTA and many families.We would encourage any parent considering Friutvale to stop by and see for youself!!Also the campus is always clean,last year we caught our vice principal sweeping the front area of all the fall leaves for the students!That's an extra mile!!Also the campus is always locked during school hours making us feel safe.

Posted August 26, 2009
Great teachers and staff. They really do go the extra mile to improve student success.

Posted September 05, 2007
- a former student

Fruitvale Elementary School
2800 West Fruitvale Avenue, Hemet, CA  92545
Last modified Fruitvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fruitvale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top