Hermosa Beach, CA

Posted October 06, 2013
This school is an amazing place, where my older daughter started Kindergarden mid year in January 2013, after we moved from Ireland. She got a lovely, caring teacher whom she will remember for ever. She has learnt a lot since, made numerous friendships and bloomed into a responsible and eager to learn second-grader. I am so glad that she attends Hermosa View. The teachers and the principal are 300% committed to our kids well-being, as well as social and academic success. I can't wait for my 4-year old to enter Her OSA View net fall!

Posted August 28, 2010
I happen to teach at hermosa view and think 99% of the teachers go above and beyond. Wonderful administration is supportive and really good kids. The challenges that face this school are state funds impacting all public schools... Or lack there of. Overall staff quality is excellent and while fundraising is a must to keep class sizes low, there is a dedicated group of parents and staff working long hours to make test scores grow. Overall, great fundamentals with RTI beginning in 2010. Cons no class cap for kinder..... Those teachers work so hard and are amazing! Great job h beach super small community feel school!

Hermosa View Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
We have amazing teachers and staff and wonderful parents who really care about the quality of education our kids get.

Hermosa View Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
The teachers there are amazing!!!

Posted September 19, 2009
We love all of the great students, teachers and parents.

Posted December 14, 2008
My daughter is in first grade and has a true love for school. What a great start! We are so happy.

Posted October 01, 2008
Exactly how every Kindergarten should be! My daughter has attended Hermosa View since Sept. and we ALL could not be happier! She LOVES her teacher Miss Conkey, the classroom, the staff, the music program, the computer lab and all her new little friends! As parents we are SO excited that our daughter will be learning a balance of math, reading, writing, science, art, music, computer skills, social skills, citizenship all while having fun!

Posted April 13, 2008
My son attends kindergarten. It has been an absolutely fantastic experience. His teacher has a master's degree!

Posted June 04, 2006
the focus on academics is greatly balanced with the amount of fun. My child seems to have a greater grasp of language and mathematics than other children the same age who attend other schools in the district. the trips to the on campus library has influenced my childs desire to read. High performance is achieved with the support of great teachers, however, my son has been greatly supported by the network of parents who aid in the classes and help your child to develop. I highly recomend this school to all who want to see their child flourish.

Posted December 14, 2005
The limited grade range (K-2) and high level of parent involvement make HVS a school with a strong sense of community. It is obvious in every situation that the staff, teachers and parents care greatly for the children, and work to provide a wide variety of learning opportunities for them.

Hermosa View Elementary School
1800 Prospect Avenue, Hermosa Beach, CA  90254
Last modified Hermosa View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hermosa View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top