Highland, CA

Posted August 09, 2014
Arroyo Verde is a fantastic Elementary School! We came from a small private school mid-way through the year and the students, staff and faculty went the extra mile to help my kids have a smooth transition. I love the extra programs and clubs offered to my kids and have been beyond pleased with the communication between the school, teachers and parents

Posted November 17, 2013
Arroyo Verde was an excellent school. I only went there for 5th grade in the 2012-2013 school year, but I found that there was a different general personality from the staff and students. I came from a private school and I thought that everybody was going to be mean and dislikable. It turned out that there are very few bullies, fights, and mean teachers. The teaching curriculum is very well organized and the staff are very encouraging. The principle encourages students to be "College Bound" by having each class adopt a college. Arroyo has band and choir as extra curriculum activities and they are both very productive. Awards are always being given out for good behavior and being a College Bound student. The field trips are fun, exciting, and educational to all students.They also have G.A.T.E. (Gifted And Talented Education) for the over achievers and the smarter students. I'd recommend Arroyo Verde to all children who are looking for a challenge and some fun.

Posted July 20, 2013
My son used to go to another California distinguished school in San Diego county and I was uneasy about moving him out to the Inland Empire area. This school has made me more comfortable. I am grateful we found Arroyo Verde! Principal is very efficient and manages her school well. They have a lot school events and involve the parents as well. This school has been a blessing and because of Arroyo Verde my son IS COLLEGE BOUND! :)

Posted February 02, 2009

Arroyo Verde Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2006
We are satisfied with Arroyo Verde overall. My child's teacher is wonderful-she truly understands what motivates each child and does a great job. Areas that could improve, in our experience-the school response to parental concerns could be more timely with better follow through, and we wish there was more supervision/structure/safety during recess.

Arroyo Verde Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2006
I feel that the quality of the academic program is up to standards with the area schools. There are alot more extracurricular activities available at this school than in other surrounding area schools. I do not feel there is enough parent involvement in this school due to strict rules regarding the students and parental involvement not being welcomed. The relationships between teacher/parent is frowned upon and it is not in any way encouraged. I think this sets the school up for failure when it comes to every student passes. A child may be left behind or find himself falling behind or just simply not complying to the schools rules in the classroom due to the strictness of the teacher and lack of communication with parents. I think that the teachers should be evaluated in the classroom as well as one on one and the stress levels should be monitored.

Posted September 03, 2005
Arroyo Verde provided a sound, well-articulated curriculum that prepared my kids well for their future schooling. The teachers and staff are caring, the parents involved and supportive, and the administration was always availble. My kids loved their (cumulative) 1 years there.

Arroyo Verde Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2005
I thought this was a great school for my son. He became involved in music and sports. The extracurricular activity offered was a terrific learning experience as well as a fond memory. The only thing I didn't care for was the class splits. Combo class, example 4th and 5th together, same teacher.

Posted October 18, 2004
I love this school and my kids have had a wonderful experience here. The teachers are very involved and sincerely care about the students.

Posted September 09, 2003
This is the best school my kids have been in. The teacher and staff are the best. They treat you like family.The parents are very involve with making this school the best school.

Arroyo Verde Elementary School
7701 Church Street, Highland, CA  92346
Last modified Arroyo Verde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo Verde Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top