Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I have seen growth in my children due to the interaction and dedication their teachers have.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I personally feel that after spending over 6 hrs at school, that homework should not be given. I have my kids involved in other activities like sports and groups and want to enjoy time with them while now worrying about more school work. I would like the occasional report or even weekly or monthly report but not nightly.

Develops character: Strongly agree

With the NEU adoption I have seen the staff and students share positive attitudes that covers the areas of honesty, integrity, and fairness.

This is our 4th year at Thompson and the school is continuing to improve and motivate the children to make goals. Thompson is now a NEU school and the children are all part of universities. They visit college campuses and earn certificates using the Accelerated Reading Program. The special day classes are lead by caring teachers who push my son to meet his IEP goals. My other child who is in general classes is also pushed to excel. There are lots of groups and activities including music and drama. I am thankful for Thompson.

Thompson provides a friendly environment where students can make everlasting impressions and memorable friendships. Also, students can build one on one relationships with the awesome teachers there (I've experienced this myself!). Along with the family oriented staff, there are many fun activities available after school...just ask! Such as, CAPS (where they even go on field trips sometimes and they provide snacks), Drama Club (my personal favorite), Chess Club (sometimes they play with HUGE chess pieces; which is awesome), and this only naming a few!!!!! If you are deciding on a new school, Thompson will be a choice that comes with NO regrets. GO THOMPSON TIGERS-AND SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY PAST TEACHERS WHO WERE GREAT: Mr.Nellany, Mrs.Antillion, Ms.Neuman, Ms.Beimborn, Ms.Crain

Best school wonderful staff, Lots for Parent Teacher communication. PTO has lots of Family activities and fun for the hole family the strive to keep it a close community and family oriented.

Thompson has been the best for my children we came from a school were the staff did not care to work with the Parents. I have worked well with every teacher and staff member they listen and try there best to accommodate. The PTO goes above the top to do family oriented activities and has the best interest of the students in mind.

Friendly hard working staff Teachers work with parents well Kids and parents love the PTO activities they have a since of community and are in to doing what ever it is that need to be done for the family's PTO Mom have gone above what a PTO Mom does helping family outside of school

Thompson Elementary has wonderful teachers and staff! I love the fact that the Principal, Mr Funchess is always encouraging the kids with positive affirmations! I would recommend this school to any parent!

First of all, I love Mr. Marcus. Funchess. His work ethic and perserverance and determination have made a world of difference for myself and my child... we don't attend Thompson, however we are familiar with the leadership here and we know its a 5 start school!. love you Mr. Funchess

Last modified Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.