No rating

St. Adelaide

Private | K-8 | 182 students

Living in Highland

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted March 20, 2014

My child attends St.Adelaide and has been there for 4 years. She is a full grade level ahead in reading and math. She has many friends and is happy there. I find the teachers to be encouraging with high standards. I would recommend. this school without reservation

Posted March 19, 2014

I am a parent with with two kids at St Adelaide starting in Kindergarten. The teachers are very caring and nurturing. In fact, both my kids want to be teachers when they grow up. Their teachers inspired them to become teachers. The school is truly a community with such a degree of parental participation and support.

Posted January 21, 2014

My child was taunted almost every week for being special-needs. Constantly he came home crying. I complained, but the staff constantly looked at my disabled son for acting the only way he knew how. I took my little guy to this school under the assumption that they would accommodate his different learning and social style. Do you know how hard it is for a single father to see OTHER CATHOLICS taunting your special needs child? They even told me that this would be a "loving & nurturing" environment for him. A couple of times I couldn't help but cry myself after the teachers kept saying he had behaviour issues. The child has autism, of course he's going to have behavioural issues! So please, please, think long & hard about sending your child here. Those kids taunted my son for being different. When I complained, they did nothing but look at my son for acting differently than the other kids. He never hit, called names, or was mean to the others. He was just what they considered "weird". I posted this personal story as a warning to all other parents. If you don't want your child to even possibly go through what my son did, please don't send them to St. Adelaide Academy.

Posted July 5, 2013

Though it is not written anywhere in the parent handbook or mentioned on the school's website, this school does not allow peanut products. Because I made peanut butter sandwiches (we can't afford meat) for my 2nd grade daughter, she was ostracized and made to sit at a table by herself for most of the year. There was one child in her class allergic to peanuts. Her teacher could have at least let some other children who were not allergic to peanuts sit with her. My suggestion - any schools with an anti-peanut policy should put it in bold print in their handbook, put it prominently on their website, and mention it in the initial interview. Had I known I wouldn't have enrolled my kids in the first place. Another thing I did not like was "Buck a jeans" in which the kids paid a dollar or two to have free dress. It sends a hypocritical message to have parents pay for uniforms and then pay for their kids not to wear them. It reminded me of indulgences. What I did like was the very nice middle school science program at that school. That, we will miss.

Posted September 7, 2012

1. The cost is higher at St Adelaide's, including the fundraising amount for each child enrolled and the requirement of service hours.

Posted June 15, 2010

Excellent preschool program. Wonderful curriculum, religious education, interactive and hands on, arts & crafts. It's obvious the staff loves what they do. I have never heard a teacher raise their voice/yell. All the parents are involved with their children and care so much.

Posted April 19, 2010

Great with Kids... Pre-School teacher #1... Mrs. Muldoon.

Posted August 8, 2008

My family has been a part of the St. Adelaide community for 7 years and we can't imagine a more nuturing environment for our girls. They have received not only an academic education but have also been taught the importance of involvement in the community. Leadership roles are strongly encouraged by the teachers and administration.

Posted December 29, 2007

This school has excellent and devoted teacher, there is an excellent science department for middle school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 17, 2006

This school is a great school. My children have been attending for 5 years. Excellent catholic education. Excellent teachers namely, ms. Suquett & ms. Cuellar from kindergaten and junior high teachers, ms. Malouf, ms. Gastel, & ms. Petit. Principal mcdonald is wonderful and truly cares about the children. I have 5 kids in this school and I am very pleased.

Posted July 18, 2006

This is an above average school. Kindergarten teachers are excellent. Jr. High science is outstanding under M. Pettitt. Parents are great. Safe and well equiped school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 5, 2005

St. Adelaide School is a beautiful, vibrant school. Students' ethnicity includes primarily caucasian, hispanic, and filipino. K is either a 1 or 2yr program and is excellent. Other outstanding teachers include Ms. Malouf (5th) and Mrs. Pettitt (8th). The school sci. fair is terrific. An open quad keeps all the students and classrooms easily monitored and safe. Way to Go Mustangs!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 9, 2003

Excellent education. I have been involved with children and grandchildren since 1977. My saddest regret is that the teachers are no longer Sisters and Priests but rather lay teachers except for Religion and Principal.

Asian or Pacific Islander 11% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Greg Blanco
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NAPSEC
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Bernardino

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

27457 Base Line Street