K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I had my grand-child at St Adelaide and found the overall operation substandard. St Adelaide invests thousands in church improvement. The school environment has not changed ad suffers from lack of maintenance and care. The classrooms are dark and carpets murky and dirty. The lunch room is deplorable and bathrooms filthy. The whole place is depressing and needs a face lift. And most of the teachers are not all credentialed and under-paid. The school does not offer a safe environment, and bullies are not disciplined. The tuition fees do not equate the quality of education and the deplorable class room environment.

My child attends St.Adelaide and has been there for 4 years. She is a full grade level ahead in reading and math. She has many friends and is happy there. I find the teachers to be encouraging with high standards. I would recommend. this school without reservation

I am a parent with with two kids at St Adelaide starting in Kindergarten. The teachers are very caring and nurturing. In fact, both my kids want to be teachers when they grow up. Their teachers inspired them to become teachers. The school is truly a community with such a degree of parental participation and support.

My child was taunted almost every week for being special-needs. Constantly he came home crying. I complained, but the staff constantly looked at my disabled son for acting the only way he knew how. I took my little guy to this school under the assumption that they would accommodate his different learning and social style. Do you know how hard it is for a single father to see OTHER CATHOLICS taunting your special needs child? They even told me that this would be a "loving & nurturing" environment for him. A couple of times I couldn't help but cry myself after the teachers kept saying he had behaviour issues. The child has autism, of course he's going to have behavioural issues! So please, please, think long & hard about sending your child here. Those kids taunted my son for being different. When I complained, they did nothing but look at my son for acting differently than the other kids. He never hit, called names, or was mean to the others. He was just what they considered "weird". I posted this personal story as a warning to all other parents. If you don't want your child to even possibly go through what my son did, please don't send them to St. Adelaide Academy.

Though it is not written anywhere in the parent handbook or mentioned on the school's website, this school does not allow peanut products. Because I made peanut butter sandwiches (we can't afford meat) for my 2nd grade daughter, she was ostracized and made to sit at a table by herself for most of the year. There was one child in her class allergic to peanuts. Her teacher could have at least let some other children who were not allergic to peanuts sit with her. My suggestion - any schools with an anti-peanut policy should put it in bold print in their handbook, put it prominently on their website, and mention it in the initial interview. Had I known I wouldn't have enrolled my kids in the first place. Another thing I did not like was "Buck a jeans" in which the kids paid a dollar or two to have free dress. It sends a hypocritical message to have parents pay for uniforms and then pay for their kids not to wear them. It reminded me of indulgences. What I did like was the very nice middle school science program at that school. That, we will miss.

1. The cost is higher at St Adelaide's, including the fundraising amount for each child enrolled and the requirement of service hours.

Excellent preschool program. Wonderful curriculum, religious education, interactive and hands on, arts & crafts. It's obvious the staff loves what they do. I have never heard a teacher raise their voice/yell. All the parents are involved with their children and care so much.

Great with Kids... Pre-School teacher #1... Mrs. Muldoon.

My family has been a part of the St. Adelaide community for 7 years and we can't imagine a more nuturing environment for our girls. They have received not only an academic education but have also been taught the importance of involvement in the community. Leadership roles are strongly encouraged by the teachers and administration.

This school has excellent and devoted teacher, there is an excellent science department for middle school.

Last modified St. Adelaide is a Private school that serves grades K-8