Posted April 27, 2013
Crocker is basically just a private school minus the tuition. AWESOME! Most of the teachers here are great, supportive and encouraging! Since all the students come from wealthy families, they are all polite and very considerate. There has never been a problem with bullying at all. Also, band and HTV programs are great experiences for a student (also look nice on a high-school resume!). 8th grade girls clog up bathrooms too much with their staring into mirrors. So much for "light" makeup. But overall, an amazing school!

Posted April 27, 2013
Before we moved to Hillsborough last summer, we heard about Crocker for its high quality education and legendary music program, but I was concerned about the stereotype of "spoiled, snobby, feeling entitled to everything" kids. After a year at Crocker, I can honestly say the concern is unfounded. If you are a parent who is thinking of moving to the town for the school, do it now... I'll summarize the school in the following five areas: (1) Excellent students: hard working, have great manners, competitive but also collaborative, very funny, and seemly less grown-up than kids at other schools (2) Great administrative staff: have vision and drive, great at communication (3) Teacher qualities vary, substitute teacher qualities are highly questionable (4) The music program, especially the bands, are superb (5) Parents can be divided into three groups: the passionate, the "do my part", and the "don't do much at all". The annual donation rate (~80%) is lower than one would expect from a private school (>95%).

Posted November 29, 2011
I wrote earlier, I think it's crazy what other students say. The science program is great. Everyone has a chance to participate. I know some other students who almost never pay attention in class and who always talk during class so never know what to do in the labs. The P.E. program is also good. I hate excersise and health class but I hate it because I just don't like running in general and I'm really bad. The teachers don't make you feel bad about it though, they encourage you and congradulate you when you get a faster time. In English we do alot of interactive stuff. We learn how to do projects with others. Honestly, no offence but I'm acing math. The reason others are failing is because they talk too much during class, never do their homework (or copy someone elses), and never studies. Their more interested in their social life and their bf/gf. If they put even the slightest bit of effort, it's easy, not easy as in the teachers are not challenging us, but easy in the sense that I have a great, cool, interesting teacher. I've almost have never seen bullying, like I've probobly seen it, just can't remember because the students are really sweet and awesome.

Posted April 21, 2011
well i am currently a 6th grade student at crocker middle school and i suppose everything you people said about it is true. I mean we are kind of spoiled but we still get to learn in a good environment. At least we wont grow up to be uncivilized. Well the only bad thing since this is my first year was that 8th graders were doing trouble. Overall this a pretty good school.

Posted December 29, 2010
Although this school has many amazing traits, there is one big problem: the students have no idea about what the real world is like. Hillsborough is one of the most affluent towns in the country, and therefore, the students are spoiled and ignorant. For those who are going to attend a public high school, they will be completely shocked. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being wealthy, but it is a problem if you only know what the most perfect place in the world is like. Crocker shelters their students a lot but over all, it is still a good school.

Crocker Middle School 3

Posted November 16, 2010
Crocker's academics aren't soo great like people say it is. First off, the science department is ABSOLUTELY horrible. Take it from a girl who goes here! they leave us to do lab work on our own. I have a friend who is failing math. Second, my math teacher is horible. I don't want to point out names, but it's the truth. the p.e. department is horrible too. we have it every other day, and we barely run, and if we do, it counts heavily on my grade. last year i couldn't get one A in p.e. and i tried my hardest on that! the english program is really lacking as well. I really don't like it here. i feel like i'm enclosed in a small little bubble at this school. I have been repeatedly bullied (cyber bullying and verbal) and the vice principal and counselor barely did anything about it. sure, they did talk with me and the other people involved but they never put a serious stop to it. since it is small but not TOO small, everyone knows each other and if you are not "in crowd" then consider yourself unlucky. i can't wait to get out of here. i think it all depends on the teachers you have here. u CAN have a great experience here at crocker- you just need a thick face and a fake smile.

Posted October 17, 2010
Like a private school except free (for the most part). Teachers and students alike demonstrate motivation towards the benevolence of the school. best school i could've asked for as far I'm concerned

Posted July 23, 2010
I just graduated from Crocker and I had an overall great time. I learned so much and had great friends, but the problem is it's really soft. Almost like they're too sweet and always have a pillow under you, which didn't help going into high school. Most of the teachers were exceptional, but the math and science departments weren't so great. Overall the school is amazing and I was so blessed to have been able to have gone there.

Crocker Middle School 3

Posted October 12, 2009
I am an eighth grader at crocker school and The education is great and for the most part crocker has very good teachers but I feel the P.E. department is less than good and Im not a fan of the class schedules but my biggest complaint is the atmosphere the people here are extremely uptight and they put a lot of pressure on the students and I feel that if they were more relaxed my experience would be much better.

Posted August 20, 2009
I am a student here at Crocker- going into seventh grade. I rate it 4 stars. The teaching is pretty good... I agree with a lot of people that the science program is lacking and a few teachers are lacking as well. It is hard to fit into the school because of the strange diversity at Crocker. There are a lot of cliques as people say, but there are a lot of nice people. Its like being in a private school without paying.

Crocker Middle School
2600 Ralston Avenue, Hillsborough, CA  94010
Last modified Crocker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crocker Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.