Posted December 24, 2013
This is an excellent school. I don't understand the bad reviews. I have literally only one problem, and its subtle. I don't like the healthy foods initiative they have,I mean,kids there were healthy before!!

Posted June 09, 2013
North School is a wonderful community of teachers, staff members and parents who all come together to provide the most wonderful quality of education in a local school setting. We have been parents at North for 6 years and continue to be impressed by outstanding writing program, ilab, math instruction and the one on one level of attention our children have received there. We love North School!

Posted June 08, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about this school and its principal, Angela O'Donnell. The staff encouraged my shy son to be part of student government, and next thing I know he is speaking at a board of trustees meeting. North prepared him well for the transition into Middle School.

North Hillsborough School 2

Posted May 11, 2013
Parents considering this school should take some time to understand the focus of the school and how it relates to the high API score. Preparation for the STAR tests start at the beginning of April and continue through the middle of May. 6 weeks of instructional time is spent preparing for the test. The test itself does not benefit your child but it does benefit the school/district as it directly relates to the high API score of the school. The focus of this school seems to be on attaining a perfect API. Kids who have mastered the material for the STAR test are bored for the six weeks spent preparing for the STAR test. There is no differentiated instruction for those children. They just sit and be bored and waste 1.5 months of a nine month school year without learning anything new or challenging. That is disappointing. It would be nice if the administration focused on the children instead of the API. Every year there is a big announcement of how it improved but really, who is that for.

North Hillsborough School 1

Posted March 17, 2013
Teachers are not genuinely connected to the kids, but know how to put on a great show to win parent approval. Moved here because of the high public school ratings, but very disappointed. Pulled kids out and put them in private. Best decision I ever made!

Posted August 30, 2011
A solid school with great teachers, great staff and great administrators who constantly strive to improve the quality of education and quality of school life for our children.

Posted August 30, 2011
We moved from San Francisco 2 years ago and are blown away by North School and the community of kids, parents, teachers and administrators. This school is comparable to any City Private School and we couldn't be happier.

Posted May 30, 2010
I'm astonished at the poor reviews of North School. Why parents don't appreciate an excellent education for their children is beyond my comprehension. Be thankful for what your school provides for your child; this is an elementary school, not an MBA program!!! The Parent Group, teachers, administration and district level staffing are incredible. I couldn't be more pleased with the amazing education North School is affording both of my children. If you are able, I would 100% recommend this school district, you will not be disappointed.

North Hillsborough School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
The new superintendent brings a tide of welcomed change and transparency. North's new principal is experienced and diplomatic. Many teachers are on tenure though so at a classroom level, the kids will be the last to benefit from the improvement. I agree, it has been somewhat disappointing and am hopeful now.

North Hillsborough School 1

Posted April 29, 2010
Dissapointing. I had one son go through North 10 years ago. It was terrific. I pulled my children out of the school and now sening them to a private school. The competition is fierce amongst the parents and then filters down to the children.

North Hillsborough School
545 Eucalyptus Avenue, Hillsborough, CA  94010
Last modified North Hillsborough School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Hillsborough School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top