6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Feeder to Ivy Leagues, Stanford and other top tier colleges. Kids are well rounded and generally nice people. Has diverse student body.

My kid scored 99 99 99 98 on ISEE but got rejected. Multiple choice quiz: (a) the incoming class all scored 99 99 99 99. (b) its not what you know, its who you know. (c) the school is an aristocracy posing as a meritocracy. I'm going with (c). After 65 years, their most notable graduate is Patty Hearst. This is what comes of an aristocracy posing as a meritocracy.

I recently graduated CSUS and have since joined the military and am now in college. CSUS truly allowed me to figure out what path I wanted to follow in life and I will never forget my incredible experiences there. As for preparing me for college? I am currently a freshman, and while many of peers are struggling in a variety of classes, I am excelling! Crystal's workload, if nothing else, taught me valuable time management skills. The "discussion" atmosphere in classrooms at Crystal Springs gave me the experience and confidence to participate very well in college seminars and classes. I met some truly amazing people and am very privileged to be an alum.

This school is pretty ok. Sometimes, I enjoy it. Good teachers. Gryphons lose at every sport.

I realize that some people think that only snobby and rich kids go here and yes, everyone here has to sort of rich to pay the tuition fee, but the learning expierence is something that can't be beaten. I know this for a fact that because I am a student at CSUS. One negative review is that you come home tired and you don't have any time to do anything else. Yes, it's true that you come home and you are extremely tired, but you still have time to do extra sports. I have friends who do other things right when they get home, but they are still amazing students just like the rest of us.

Yes, I must admit that many of the teachers here are absolutely wonderful at what they do. There are also many genuinely kind people. However, overall, the school is SO overrated. My daughter is not attending public school and has had numerous teachers who are just as engaging as those she encountered at Crystal Springs. Also, the kids she has met are not snobby and judgmental like those at Crystal. The social environment at this school is absolutely ridiculous. The kids are mean, competitive, and have their heads up there a****. Mind you I am not saying this of all the students, but this accounts for 75% of the school's population. Overall, not happy at all. Save your 40,000 dollars a year for college. It isn't all about the NAME of the school. It's about where your kids will be happy, work hard, having an actual high school experience, and learn. The only positive comments on here come from those who have attended the school. Having spent so much money on it, they fear thinking it was anything but the excellent. However, they are wrong. I even have my second child attending right now, and he will be leaving the school at the end of the year.

The education one receives at Crystal is unparalled, but the students are judgemental, immature, and uninteresting. Your kid will not have a real high school experience (socially), but will be virtually guaranteed to matriculate to an amazing college. Nevertheless, the negative and competitive nature of the students is toxic, and can really take a toll on a child's psyche. Think twice before you send your child to Crystal.

As my son finishes his time at CSUS as a senior, and can only concur that it is an outstanding educational institution in every way. Most recently the guidance he received from the college counseling office has been extraordinary. Their judgment, caring, insight, and devotion has been impressive and the results outstanding. Crystal shapes future leaders like no other school in the Bay Area.

Look at the poor grammar that plagues each negative review of CSUS and decide for yourself whether or not each is worth regarding. Crystal Springs is the most amazing high school on the planet. As a college student, I have even more admiration for the high school education I was privileged enough to enjoy. The teachers are phenomenal and the academics are outstanding. Crystal's size gives it a distinct and vibrant community. Where else would seventh graders feel comfortable leading clubs full of upperclassmen? There is no doubt in my mind that my friends from Crystal will forever be my closest ones. I feel the same way about my teachers and classes. In my mind, the money my parents spent to send me to Crystal is well worth the consequence of having to take out loans to pay for my entire college tuition. I simply don't think that I can recommend something more fervently than Crystal Springs. It's an unparalleled high school education. It lives up to its mission to instill every one of its students with a love of lifelong learning. And, if you choose to send your child to Crystal, it will be one of the best decisions you'll ever make.

Great school. Very smart kids. Great leadership and committed teachers. First class all around. These are your future leaders.

Last modified Crystal Springs Uplands School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12