Posted March 25, 2014
I realize that some people think that only snobby and rich kids go here and yes, everyone here has to sort of rich to pay the tuition fee, but the learning expierence is something that can't be beaten. I know this for a fact that because I am a student at CSUS. One negative review is that you come home tired and you don't have any time to do anything else. Yes, it's true that you come home and you are extremely tired, but you still have time to do extra sports. I have friends who do other things right when they get home, but they are still amazing students just like the rest of us.

Posted November 04, 2013
Yes, I must admit that many of the teachers here are absolutely wonderful at what they do. There are also many genuinely kind people. However, overall, the school is SO overrated. My daughter is not attending public school and has had numerous teachers who are just as engaging as those she encountered at Crystal Springs. Also, the kids she has met are not snobby and judgmental like those at Crystal. The social environment at this school is absolutely ridiculous. The kids are mean, competitive, and have their heads up there a****. Mind you I am not saying this of all the students, but this accounts for 75% of the school's population. Overall, not happy at all. Save your 40,000 dollars a year for college. It isn't all about the NAME of the school. It's about where your kids will be happy, work hard, having an actual high school experience, and learn. The only positive comments on here come from those who have attended the school. Having spent so much money on it, they fear thinking it was anything but the excellent. However, they are wrong. I even have my second child attending right now, and he will be leaving the school at the end of the year.

Posted July 28, 2013
The education one receives at Crystal is unparalled, but the students are judgemental, immature, and uninteresting. Your kid will not have a real high school experience (socially), but will be virtually guaranteed to matriculate to an amazing college. Nevertheless, the negative and competitive nature of the students is toxic, and can really take a toll on a child's psyche. Think twice before you send your child to Crystal.

Posted April 01, 2013
As my son finishes his time at CSUS as a senior, and can only concur that it is an outstanding educational institution in every way. Most recently the guidance he received from the college counseling office has been extraordinary. Their judgment, caring, insight, and devotion has been impressive and the results outstanding. Crystal shapes future leaders like no other school in the Bay Area.

Posted February 26, 2013
Look at the poor grammar that plagues each negative review of CSUS and decide for yourself whether or not each is worth regarding. Crystal Springs is the most amazing high school on the planet. As a college student, I have even more admiration for the high school education I was privileged enough to enjoy. The teachers are phenomenal and the academics are outstanding. Crystal's size gives it a distinct and vibrant community. Where else would seventh graders feel comfortable leading clubs full of upperclassmen? There is no doubt in my mind that my friends from Crystal will forever be my closest ones. I feel the same way about my teachers and classes. In my mind, the money my parents spent to send me to Crystal is well worth the consequence of having to take out loans to pay for my entire college tuition. I simply don't think that I can recommend something more fervently than Crystal Springs. It's an unparalleled high school education. It lives up to its mission to instill every one of its students with a love of lifelong learning. And, if you choose to send your child to Crystal, it will be one of the best decisions you'll ever make.

Posted October 01, 2012
Great school. Very smart kids. Great leadership and committed teachers. First class all around. These are your future leaders.

Posted September 21, 2012
I am a new parent at Crystal and my 6th grader could not be more pleased with his experience. He comes home feeling inspired and happy, and he has made friends who are interesting and fun. He loves having the opportunity to participate in athletics as well as music, and he has been encouraged to challenge himself by trying new things and moving out of his comfort zone academically and outside of the classroom. I think the Middle School is developmentally appropriate and treats Middle School students as middle schoolers, not mini-high schoolers. I have been nothing but pleased so far. Great school.

Posted September 06, 2012
A fantastic school. Both my children attended, one from grade 6-12 and the other from grade 9-12. Academically focused, yet nurturing at the same time. Just enough offbeat to make it fun. My college sophomore has been unbelievably well prepared for college.

Posted May 24, 2012
I have no idea where these negative reviews come from. I am currently finishing Junior year at CSUS, taking all honors/AP courses and participating on 2 varsity sports and leading numerous clubs. While the academics are challenging, they are both rewarding and riveting and I have found myself blown away by the quality of the teachers each and every day at Crystal. I do not believe the school lacks school spirit; while we may not have the reputation of a "sports-school," the Homecoming day and dance is and amazing time for school spirit to shine. We have yearly lip synchs and snow days that greatly lighten the mood. In case you are wondering, I am not an "anti-social weirdo" as another student labeled us as. Even with Crystal's curriculum, I believe I lead a very normal life outside the classroom, one that is comparable to most public high schools. Ms. Richards is an excellent principle and she has really been leading the school in the right direction. Wonderful school and an excellent investment.

Posted January 19, 2012
This school is all about money. We have apply for financial aids which this school highly recommend but the truth is they do not want poor students unless you're the lucky one. If you are not rich, super smart or Micheal Jordon, don't bother. It's wasted of time and application fees.

Crystal Springs Uplands School
400 Uplands Drive, Hillsborough, CA  94010
Last modified Crystal Springs Uplands School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Crystal Springs Uplands School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.