Posted September 23, 2013
I've had kids in school at Spring Grove since 2005 and I've seen it become an amazing school. We have great teachers and all the staff are involved to make it a wonderful learning environment for the kids.

Posted April 24, 2013
Spring Grove School is absolutely the best school in the county. In addition to great test scores, they have after school sports, a theater arts program, send 6 graders to science camp, have math tutoring 2 nights a week, have substantial PE, still have a holiday program, and do a great "Turkey Trot" run that the whole school participates in at Thanksgiving, and have a very clean campus, including clean bathrooms. They have a staffed library and computer lab. Teachers in the upper grades know the names of the kids in K-5. When there are problems, the principal and her staff get right on them. This is a no-nonsense, but loving and caring school, where your child will get a great education in a safe environment.

Spring Grove Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2012
The school is really good. I would say it is amazing however the there is 2 main problem: Unreliable staff. This will be coming from a graduated student of the school, so im not possitive if there have been staff changes or not. So about the unreliable staff, i came to the school in 6th grade and i thought the teachers were great. In 7th, one teacher bullied each of the students in his/her class and he/she was just a creep. 8th grade there were 2 good teachers and one was just outright mean and always was giving lectures during class about how the president was great (he/she would do that if a student said they didnt like the president), this only led to a waste of classtime. The principle is clueless much of the time as well, which annoys me. Aside from this huge flaw in the junior high portion of the school, there was one minor problem with the school. Assembelies. The assemeblies were always done in a odd way that ended up wasting everyones time. The whole school is gathered in one gym, THE WHOLE SCHOOL! (That is pre-K all the way to 8th grade!). There is not much room for parents and the whole thing is a flaw. Aside from all this the school is great so i give it 3 1/2 stars.

Posted March 22, 2011
My daughter started Spring Grove last year for Kindergarten and we absolutely loved her Teacher Mr.B. He exceeded all our expectations and our daughter has blossomed. This year, 1st Grade is a just as good. Nothing but dedicated Teachers and Parents working together for our Childrens success. Best School by far for so many reasons. Great sense of community.

Spring Grove Elementary School 1

Posted January 07, 2011
What is up with this school???? The staff is "out to lunch". My child is being terrorized on a daily basis by students "in charge", staff and parents of the "students in charge". Tax payer money gone wrong here! The state needs to step in and CLEAN HOUSE!

Spring Grove Elementary School 1

Posted December 14, 2010
My children attended this school since 2001. We left this school voluntarily several years ago by choice since my youngest son had a string of substitutes for his entire first year of kindergarten and that the older 6th-8th graders were behaving "badly" in the bathrooms and in the back of school buses. Unfortunately, the school my children were attending for the last several years lost funding and had to close. So we came back to Spring Grove with an open mind. Let's just say if you want your child in a hostile learning environment or your child is a bully then this is the school for you. Not only are their gangs of bullies, some of the teaching staff are bullies themselves. One teacher in particular continually singled my child out repeatedly, humiliating him in front of other students and the gangs of bullies. The principal is absolutely of no use what-so-ever in these matters. If she "can't see it actually happening" she supposedly can't do anything about it. Several letters and meetings later nothing has changed. Your child has no rights at this school. Parents beware!!!! I would give zero stars if I could.

Posted August 21, 2010
We have 3 children at Spring Grove and we love all that the school has to offer the students from Pre-K to 8th grade. They are always looking for ways to improve the academic programs and keeping our kids fit. We love our school!

Posted July 28, 2010
Ok so, I am a Mom of 3 children at this school and Mrs. Stoner helped my daughter and son with reading and math. My son and daughter are a both reading at high levels. My Daughter is in 6th grade and loves 6th grade and she loves all of her teachers.

Posted July 12, 2010
Our son just completed Spring Grove's Pre-K program. He attended 5 days per week from 8:15a to 12:15p. The total cost was only $350/mo and included snacks & lunch. Miss Willams (his teacher) was superb! She was highly organized and engaging. My son developed greatly over the course of the school year. By the end of the year, he was able to count to 100, clearly write his name, and read short sentences. We are thrilled to be a part of Spring Grove School!

Posted July 17, 2009
Our daughter was an interdistrict transfer for the '08-'09 school year. She had Mrs. Tomasini for her Kindergarten class. My husband and I couldn't be happier with Spring Grove! All of the staff is pleasant and 'on the ball.' Mrs. Tomasini turned our social butterfly into an excellent reader and speller with a genuine LOVE of school. Thank you, Mrs. Tomasini and thank you, Spring Grove! We just got our son into Spring Grove's Pre-Kindergarten program...woohoo!

Spring Grove Elementary School
500 Spring Grove Road, Hollister, CA  95023
Last modified Spring Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top