K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Words cannot explain what an wonderful experience my children are having at. Grace. For the first time in their education I feel that they are getting the attention they deserve. Everything these teachers do from the Hans on learning to the daily e-mails shows how much they care. I am so glad we made the decision to attend school here.

My daughter is just entering her 2nd year at Grace and I couldn't be happier About her being here. My daughter thrives here. I've worked as an aid all through the year last year and was able to really be inside the classroom and acknowledge the learning path the teacher was on with the students. For the children who were above grade level and breezed through their work books; she had them start on their following years workbooks to get them even more ahead of the program. The teachers work one on one with each student as well as the teachers assistant whom is in the class at all times. Most (if not all ) of the students in her Kindergarten class last year were absolutely THRIVING and ready to begin 1st grade.. As of now, we are newly into the first few weeks of 1st grade and her teacher is very good as well.

I am a former public school teacher, having taught for 12 years, and have been very active in my children's education. I moved my two children to Grace 4 years ago from public school when my oldest was going into 4th, my youngest into 2nd. I was concerned about budget cutbacks and larger class sizes, and wanted my children to have more opportunities, like Spanish and Music instruction, as well as having them get a strong spiritual foundation. I have been very pleased with the quality of their teachers, and the level of academics. One thing Grace really is able to offer children is more life experiences. They typically go on 4-5 field trips a year, plus starting in 4th grade go away to Science camp, which has been a favorite for both of my kids. The small size of the school, makes it seem more like a family, where everyone knows and looks out for each other. The teachers really care and are using the latest technology to get children excited about learning. I sincerely question some of the bad reviews on this site, I really wonder if they were from former Grace parents. Please go see for yourself, and don't let such negativity scare you away!

I was really surprised by some of the posts on this site. This school was an amazing and a wonderful experience for my two children. We have been here since Kindergarten. My son went straight into the honors program in high school and was well prepared for the classes. When my daughter had math issues the teacher would stay after school to tutor her so that she would be confident in her studies. The administrative staff was positive and helpful and would take the time to listen to my needs and help me through any issues I had. You should visit the school yourself and don't make a decision based on the negative reviews on this site.

Very unhappy. This is a school for the average child. If your child is bright, it's a miserable place for learning. Curriculum is rigid. Teaching a child who can read the ABC's for months on end is painful. When asked for enrichment, you're handed worksheets. Instead of cherishing each child's unique gifts, they are forced in a box to be average so they don't hurt other kids feelings by being ahead. In a way it explains why bullying is a problem. It comes from the top on down to the kids.

I couldn't disagree more with the May 21 and March 17 posts. Yes, Grace has had to deal with bullying issues, but show me a school, public or private, that doesn't. Bullying is everywhere. My child's attended more elite private school and bullying was prevalent there as well. What sets Grace apart is how swiftly they react. Don't be fooled by the negative posts mentioned earlier. Grace very much cares and supports the individual and whole child. Management at Grace will work hand-in-hand with parents in giving their child/children the support they need. There isn't any other school more suited for my child. The academics are spot on and rival that of the elite private school in HB. Does Grace have all the perks of more elite schools? No, because they don't have the monetary influence either, but the academics are there. If you're looking to keep your child out of the public schools, much smaller class sizes, strong academics, then Grace is the place. It's what we parents like to call Huntingon Beach's best kept secret. As any parent should do, question what you read and research for yourself.

This is the worst management I have ever seen in the lutheran community starting from Pastor Chris all the way to the school management. Think twice before going there. I am glad my kid is moving out.

Excellent school, check it out if you are looking for a place for your children from 2 years old to 8th grade.

I disagree with the September 15 post, my two children attended Grace from preschool - 8th grade and both entered honors classes at Marina High School. My children were academically challenged by the curriculum and by the faculty and classwork was always available when they were absent. Don't believe everything you read.

My child used to attend this school but did not improve anything for math and reading. It was too easy for my child. My child changed school to other now very high level and teachers are very happy and if my child misses school, teacher prepares worksheets as a homework. Grace Lutheran teacher never done it. I do not agree that finishing the text book is okay for the child has high level ,maybe good for child that can not catch up. It is not worth to pay that much tuition for that level at Grace Lutheran.

Last modified Grace Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8