Posted April 10, 2012
I'm a student at Brethren. I attended a few other schools before I switched to Brethren and I can honestly say it is the best school I have attended. It's a small school, but it's classes are on the same level, if not higher, than the majority of the bigger and more expensive schools. The teachers are amazing, always making sure that the students understand. They don't just teach, they make sure the students learn. The students are extremely friendly and encouraging. On my first day I knew no one, yet had at least five invitations to eat lunch with different people. There aren't alot of cliques, either. Everyone hangs out with everyone. And the people in the different offices are extremely nice and are always there to help. The sports programs are a really great experience. The coaches are encouraging and always pushing you to do better than your best. The fine arts programs are amazing, as well. Although Brethren is on the smaller size, I have found that the environment is incredible. It is a place that I feel comfortable, where I can actually learn. Everything about Brethren makes it a wonderful school.

Posted May 29, 2011
There are other Christian schools out there but Brethren truly provides the Christian environment we have been searching for. We have been so disappointed by other schools who give lip service to their Christian beliefs but then make excuses for why they allow problem students and even problem teachers to create a negative environment. Our children are attending both the high school and junior high school at Brethren , and both are thriving academically, spiritually, and emotionally in the Brethren atmosphere. The Options program is perfect for my child who struggles with mild learning disorders. There is something for everyone at BC, and all are supported, appreciated and respected by all...sports, music, drama, art, academics...not one group is considered better than the other. The students seem truly committed to living their lives "set apart" from the world. Yeah, we know of a few exceptions. Unfortunately, you find that anywhere. But we're pleased to know that the majority of the families and students are truly Christian in character and behavior, and you can just feel it when you visit the campus. We are so very happy with Brethen Christian!

Posted April 26, 2011
Our family has loved our time at Brethren Christian! First and foremost has been the spiritual environment...the staff and teachers here all love the Lord Jesus. Biblical principles infuse every activity. The academics have been excellent as well. All 3 of our children have gone onto excellent universities. Our son will graduate this June and our daughters have found themselves to be very well prepared to compete at the next level. Our children have been able to participate in areas of interest to each of them, to learn new skills and to develop into well-rounded delightful young adults. We have experienced firsthand the choir, band and drama program. They have played varsity football, soccer, tennis and golf. They have been able to take a wide variety of Advanced Placement courses, which has earned them college credits. They have served as Student Body Officers and as ministry leaders. The teachers here take a personal interest in the success of your child. You make friends with whole families - siblings, grandparents, aunt and uncles. I would heartily reccomend BCHS to any Christian family looking for a solid Christian school that embraces Biblical values.

Posted April 26, 2011
Brethren Christian has just had the third student in 4 years, named the outstanding graduate of the year at CSU Long Beach! David Rudd, a 2007 BCHS graduate is the Outstanding Graduate from the School of Engineering for 2011. Janelle Lim was Outstanding Graduate from the School of Business in 2010 and Christopher Bodziak, also Engineering, in 2008. All were part of the prestigious President's Scholar program. Proof positive that students from BCHS are well-prepared to not only compete, but excel at the university level. Way to go Warriors!

Posted February 16, 2011
BCHS has been nothing short of Amazing for my two children. The enviroment of the school is so gentle and welcoming. As a parent you can be as involved as you want, this is nice since as your kids get older sometimes parent involvment is not encouraged....not at BC. If you are looking for a school who loves your children, encourages parent involvment and is teaching your students to become great role models as young adults, then I encourage you to check out BCHS. I am proud to be a member of the BC family.

Posted January 30, 2011
This is an excellent school because of the football program, the parents, the principal, school board, administration, and the children. When you think about it, it comes down to one question, What will my child s friends be like? Who will my kid be in contact with daily? Well the kids at this school are great and you can be assured that your child will have descent friends because of the Christian education that is offered, the great faculty who care about the kids they teach, and the very, very good football program. Football is one of the only sports that can turn a young child into a young man. And this school has the coaching staff to accomplish that goal with one of the best football coaches in Southern California. The other sports programs such as basketball and baseball are excellent as well. All the coaches are mature Christian men with good values and Biblical standards. This is one of the best schools period in Southern California. I send my kid there and would do it again if I had more children to send. Send your child here and it will be a blessing to you and your family as it has been to mine. My family and I highly recommend Brethren Christian School.

Posted January 28, 2011
Brethren is an amazing school with amazing people. The academics are superior, the Christian education is excellent, and the children are kind and respectful to each other and the staff. The staff, beginning with the principal, practice exemplary behavoir and expect the same of the students.The band and drama departments are terrific. Our family is so excited to be apart of this awesome school. We highly recommend it to everyone.

Posted January 20, 2011
BC has an amazing principal who leads a team of teachers who show up every day because they love the children and want to be there to make a difference in EVERY child s life. Since we are not a musically inclined family AT ALL, we were hesitant about entering a school that might be more geared to those highly interested in band, drama and the arts not the case at all! Not only can the kids try out any of those programs as a complete beginner if they want to, but they also enjoy going to the performances to hang out and watch their friends. Our child is excelling academically actually LEARNING the information in a calm, organized and supportive environment. (No silly homework assigned just for the sake of having homework). We came from a school that offered more of a religion-based curriculum, so we were a bit nervous about a stronger biblical based program. It s been a blessing. Not only does our middle school child LOVE bible class, but is learning that it is more important to walk the walk as opposed to just talking the talk and learning rote memorization from teachers who don t practice what they preach. This school is the best-kept secret in Huntington Beach!

Posted January 15, 2011
Great School - Changed my sons life - He loves going to school every day and thats not said of all Juniors in High School -

Posted January 14, 2011
Brethren has been such a blessing to my 6th grader! The atmosphere on campus is one of acceptance and cooperation. I love the Christ centered approach that is evident in the attitudes of the administration and teachers, trickling down to the behaviors of the students on campus. Caring teachers, kind kids and great academics make for a happy mom who has a happy boy at Brethren Christian.

Brethren Christian Junior/Senior High School
21141 Strathmoor Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92646
Last modified Brethren Christian Junior/Senior High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Brethren Christian Junior/Senior High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top