LePort School

Private | PK-3 | 140 students

We equip your child with Knowledge for Life

Living in Huntington Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $500,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,850.

Sweep tile

School Official Point of View

Posted September 1, 2012

Thank you to the parent who brought to our attention the security concerns with clipboards outside the building. In the past, clipboards were hung outside the building during morning drop-off and the mid-day and afternoon main pickup periods. During this time, a staff members is generally outside the building near the clipboards, greeting parents and welcoming children to school. Nevertheless, going forward, we are relocating the clipboards inside the office during drop-off and pick-up periods as well. We hope this addresses this parents concern. As for foreign language: starting September 2012, we are offering full Spanish immersion Montessori toddler and preschool programs for children ages 18 months - 6 years. To our knowledge, this is the only Montessori immersion preschool program in all of Orange County, and we are very excited to enable our young students to become fluent in a foreign language at a time when it is basically effortless for them.

Posted March 27, 2014

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the infant program and Ms. Zappa have been for my son's development. He's become such a happy, independent, confident little man! This is one of the few infant programs out there that is actually designed for infants, not for convenience of adults. The walking children enjoy daily strolls at a luxuriously slow pace, where they examine rocks, snails, and flowers with glee. The young infants ride in a buggy, where teachers sing and talk to them during their walk. All infants eat at a low table (not a high chair) where they learn to use ceramic dishes and silverware, and drink from a glass. They nap on low cots, and simply stand up and walk (or crawl) back to class when they are rested - no crying for help to be lifted out of a crib. And the language development - wow! Not just "dog" and "cat", but "whale", "leaf", "squirrel"... I truly believe that my son would not be the same capable little person he's become if he'd been in a standard daycare or home with a sitter. Further, the transition up to the Spanish Immersion toddler room was gradual and seamless... and at 18 months he's already starting to use the toilet!

Posted March 8, 2014

We have two boys in LePort, one in the infant program and one in the toddler program, and we all love it very much. Every level is amazing.. The infant class is so wonderful. It's peaceful and the teachers are all very knowledgable about this delicate age. We are never worried leaving our little ones. They work do fun activities everyday, even with the babies. As they grow older new materials are added to encourage further learning. This is truly an amazing school! Another thing to mention is that the staff is always wonderful! Very friendly and extremely helpful.

Posted February 28, 2014

I am writing this review after having placed our daughter in the infant program at LePort Huntington Harbor for a bit over six months now. I have to say that my wife and I have been amazed by the dedication, professionalism, and overall skill of the faculty in Ms. Almanza's infant classroom. We can rest easy every day knowing that our daughter will be looked after, cared for, and, most importantly, happy. Many prospective parents will likely experience a bit of sticker shock at the price of LePort, I know that we did. But its price is actually fairly competitive, albeit a bit higher, than comparable day-cares in the area and offers a better infant to teacher ratio coupled with a higher degree of professional training for all of its faculty, not just the head teacher. That extra training pays off in the form of immersive educational experiences for your child's developing senses, rather than just a safe place to pass time. Any good school takes its direction from the Principal, and Fatima has created an impressive learning environment. Bottom line, if you can afford LePort for your child, you would be foolish to look elsewhere.

Posted December 8, 2013

The Leport School in Huntington Harbor is Amazing!!! Our son is in second grade now and started at Leport in their Toddler program when he was 20 months old. Our daughter started at 18 months and will begin kindergarten next year. Dillon is now with Ms. Noorzad and Mr. Mazari in the Elementary program. They are both exceptional teachers! It is amazing how much he has learned. He is able to read and comprehend 5th grade level books and multiplies and divides at home for fun. He loves to learn and is constantly asking questions and researching topics that interest him on his own. Just the other day he was able to name all the countries in Africa while blind folded by feeling the shape. We are amazed each week at what our son knows and what he is able to do both academically and socially. Our daughter is in Mrs. Caruth's room, the same teacher our son had. She is also an incredible teacher. I have to admit, even though my husband and I are both teachers, we have not worked with our son or daughter at all academically. We spend our time together on outings and my son is busy playing club soccer. We owe everything to Leport. It has been the best investment we have ever made!!!

Posted September 25, 2013

I definitely recommend LePort. It is by far one of the best schools I have ever visited. I chose LePort for both my children- ages 3 and 10 months and could not be happier. They are learning so much every day. The infant program is fabulous. They really take a strong approach to education and help with all areas of a child's development. In the pre primary. kids are exposed to practical life as well as to all other subjects- math, geography, reading, etc. The school focuses mainly on education and learning through play. Children are taught how to behave, how to learn for the future and how to be exceptional individuals in today's world. I love the school and the effect that it has on my kids and our family. It requires involvement (both from the parents' side as well as the teachers) which is exactly what I was looking for in a school. Exceptional school with fabulous teachers - words cannot describe how happy I am to have found it and be part of it.

Posted September 23, 2013

When it came to choose a preschool for our 22 month old daughter, we took time to visit all Montessori schools around the area and finally chose Leport Huntington Harbor. We were skeptical and worried at first when enrolled her in a toddler program because the school did not encourage the use of pacifier and milk bottles (our daughter had to have a pacifier to fall asleep and only drank warm milk in a bottle). Surprisingly, only a few days after her first day of school, she no longer wanted or needed a pacifier and a few weeks later she started drinking cold milk right out of the fridge! We are so thankful that the teacher, Ms. Arzate and her assistant teacher, Mrs. Adly are both truly awesome and dedicated in teaching and training her to be independent with daily routines and also the potty training. They made our daughter's transition from home to school very easy and smooth. Now after 5 months, she loves to go to school every morning to see her teacher and friends. She has become more socialized with other children and communicated verbally more as we noticed. We are very happy and pleased.

Posted August 27, 2013

We sent our son here last summer, and I have to say we strongly dislike it.. First of all the reason we sent him here is because we saw great reviews, and they boast individual attention. Our son is advanced for his age, last summer he was 3.5, but read like a fifth grader. We were told that he would get the challenge he needed, and yet by the end of the summer we noticed his love reading and interest in math was gone. There was no spark in him and I felt strongly that his interests were weaned because of the whole experience at Leport. We spoke to at least two different teachers about his needs, the first time we were told that it wouldn't be a problem. They ignored our request and. I got frustrated and brought it up with another teacher. This time I was told to deal with the office, which gave me a bunch of paper work to fill out. Despite all this nothing changed by the end of the summer. The admin staff are horrendous to deal with and not friendly nor helpful at all. We asked if we could drop by, the woman picked up interrogated us for our reason and told us "no", even though they touted "open door policy."

Posted July 12, 2013

Our child has been attending LePort school since January 2012. My wife and I have been very pleased with the program. In that short amount of time we've seen her grow tremendously. The teachers are very caring and keep a tight schedule. They are always providing us information on how to prepare for our day. They also have plenty of activities going on throughout the school year. When our child was ready to move up to the next level class, they invited us to take a tour of the new classroom. The staff and teachers at the school know our daughter well. We also met many of the parents and now I have some new friends for our daughter to play with too.. It's comforting to know that there is such a caring school looking out for our little one.

Posted April 25, 2013

This school has everything a parent would want for their child: a friendly, caring staff, clean classrooms, flexible hours/schedules, a great mix of academics and play, and stimulating/fun after school programs. My 4 year old is thriving and loves going to this school. This was not the case in his previous school where I felt I had to drag him in there. Mrs. Akyol is a fantastic teacher that makes learning fun and interesting. She is a true asset to the school.

Posted February 15, 2013

The LePort Spanish Immersion program has been an amazing experience for our family. I hesitated because I didn't want to "confuse" my daughter with a new language. I learned that at age three she is not learning Spanish INSTEAD of another subject; she is soaking it all in with every lesson. My daughter enrolled at LePort in July 2012, and I am so proud of her development. Her independence & confidence have sky rocketed. I am still amazed when she brings her plate to the sink after dinner, dresses herself for school and joins in to play with the neighborhood kids. She not only receives the Montessori component that fosters independence, but also incorporates caring about friends, teachers & her environment. Mrs. Del Valle & Mrs. Tryon are such kind & caring teachers that really know AND understand my child. I know that they care deeply about each student's education, but also (and just as important), their happiness. This sentiment is shared by all of the staff, and especially the Head of School, Ms. Asghar. They have a great team of teachers and administrators and I am so glad that my daughter and our family get to share in such an extraordinary community.

Posted February 15, 2013

I could not imagine a better place for my infant than LePort. Leaving your baby in someone else's care is such an emotionally charged decision. You are faced with physical logistics, but also your own fears about being away. In the 5 months that my child has been enrolled, we have BOTH learned so much. The teachers love and care about each baby and really know how to read them. They know the little intricacies about each child like how they like to be fed & held, and what types of activities they enjoy. The program instills confidence in the kids, even as young as the infant stage. It also gives the parents the confidence to know their child is getting the love & care they need while building their foundation for learning. It is evidenced every day at drop off when I kiss my little guy at the door and he gladly goes to his teacher & little friends. The room is a clean Montessori environment that is an infant wonderland. It has been eye opening to me to see what my baby is actually capable of doing. Walking into the classroom when he was 7 months old to see him sitting in a tiny chair next to his teacher at a tiny table eating his lunch a charming memory that I will always cherish!

Posted February 6, 2013

We have been extremely pleased with our decision to enroll our toddler in LePort. This campus does a great job of following the Montessori philosophy. Our son often refers to his "work". He has grown tremedously and has developed independence since starting with LePort. They were especially instrumental in helping us potty train our son and most importantly letting us know that he was in fact ready, we probably would have waited longer but when his teacher said he was ready we trusted her and she was right. We couldn't be happier.

Posted January 13, 2013

I am very pleased with the Spanish Immersion program at the LePort Montessori Huntington Harbor campus. Mrs. Del Valle is patient and caring with her students. It is amazing to see how much Spanish the students, including my daughter, have absorbed since only September. They all understand what is being asked of them in Spanish, and I've witnessed students helping each other respond and ask questions in Spanish: this is mentoring within the classroom at its best! My 4 1/2 year old daughter is bringing home books and reading in Spanish and seems to be having loads of fun while learning. It is truly amazing to see their language skills blossoming alongside their confidence!

Posted August 21, 2012

I have very active, energetic boys and was not sure how they would assimilate to a Montessori environment and can now say this was the best decision my husband and I have made. We highly recommend LePort Schools and hope to keep our sons through elementary. My sons started at LePort Huntington Harbor just last spring (at 22 months and 46months) and they even attend their summer camp. I only wish we had enrolled my older when he was 2! My 2 year old has excelled so quickly and learned so much in such a short period of time that he continues to amaze me. They even potty trained him! My older son, who I felt was falling behind at his previous preschool is now learning much faster and will likely be reading this year. The teachers are wonderful, patient and caring. I have great open communication with the teachers and they take the time to even send pictures of them doing various activities throughout the week. I feel the administration and school director are just as caring and attentive to the students as the teachers. It is a very well run school with families who want to be a part of a community. This campus is very special as well, with a lot of open space and even a garden.

Posted July 30, 2012

The head of school Fatima is very sensative, accommodating and personable. School is in a quite place in Huntington Beach and classes have 12 to 1 ratio for classes except the toddler class where they have 6 to 1 ratio. Pro: One of the best in HB, children academically are developing based on mother's I spoke with. My child is in toddler class and I loved their personal touch to send pictures of our child while in class. The environment very friendly. Con: Security is low. Children's name accessible outside where anyone can check if a child is in school. For parents with sensative job, it could be problematic. A child could be easily removed. Their foreign language is not very strong and diverse while many schools are much ahead. Overall academically and activity side: A very good school

Posted June 26, 2012

My daughter started going to LePort January 2012 when she was 3 years old. We looked at several preschools in the area and LePort really stood out. The children are so well behaved. The teachers are so caring and responsive. The school really communicates well and often with the parents. Starting in September, they are going to have a full immersion Spanish program and we are so excited that our daughter is going to be in it. I only wish I found LePort sooner.

Posted June 20, 2012

My son stared going to this school when he was 18 months old, he started out in Mrs Chungs class where she was able to guide him and I am greatful that she was his first teacher. She made me feel like my son was the most important child that was in her class. I was so impressed that not only did his teachers know my sons name but all the staff knew who he was and also knew my name. I loved the fact that they always said good morning to both of us by name. I have had my son in two montessori schools now and hands down this campus is wonderful. Welcoming, caring, comforting... Thank you for making me feel that my child was the most important child there.

Posted May 9, 2012

Our son has loved being in Mrs. Chung's Pre-primary class. She and Mrs. Barrios are great with him, teach him, care for him, and give him confidence. He has grown by leaps and bounds in the past 1.5 years in their classroom. Thank you Mrs. Chung.

Posted April 29, 2012

Both of my kids attend Leport in Huntington Beach and I couldn't be more happier to have found such a great school for them. My 4 year old started in their preprimary program with Mrs. Chung and now my 2.5 year old has her too. Mrs. Chung is an exceptional teacher who has taught, encouraged and motivated my kids in so many different areas. My 2.5 year old had a hard time when she started, but I received a phone call from Mrs. Chung almost every day for the first few weeks giving me updates and assuring me she was fine. I even received pictures of her doing work in class from their administrative staff which helped calm me. Mrs. Chung is very patient & encouraging. She has created such a safe and nurturing environment for her. We have noticed a huge growth and positive change since she started. Her confidence level has built up along with her interactions with the kids. Mrs. Chung has created such a great learning foundation for both of my kids. Mrs. Asghar who is the head of school knows most of the kids by name, which goes to show how much this campus cares, the level of dedication and how involved they are to creating such a wonderful learning environment for our kids.

Posted April 26, 2012

My youngest is currently in Mrs Chung's Pre-primary class and my oldest was also in her class. I love to hear from Mrs Chung each morning on his progression in class and projects that interest him. He is so independent and communicates so well for an almost 2.5 year old. I am blown away by the way he interacts with others and does things all on his own. Mrs Chung is an amazing teacher who not only motivates the children but us parents as well. She is very patient and always aware of each students needs. My son started at Leport when he was 18 months and I am so proud of how much he has grown. Such growth is only possible because of Mrs. Chung's persistence and compassionate demeanor. I love Leport HB and all the staff. Every teacher and staff member on campus is involved in always ensuring that our kids are learning in a safe and healthy environment.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students None
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Language learning

School start time
  • 7:00 am
School end time
  • 6:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Fatima Asghar
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• LePort Curriculum
  • Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Staff resources available to students
Foreign languages spoken by staff

Music
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights