PK-3|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you to the parent who brought to our attention the security concerns with clipboards outside the building. In the past, clipboards were hung outside the building during morning drop-off and the mid-day and afternoon main pickup periods. During this time, a staff members is generally outside the building near the clipboards, greeting parents and welcoming children to school. Nevertheless, going forward, we are relocating the clipboards inside the office during drop-off and pick-up periods as well. We hope this addresses this parents concern. As for foreign language: starting September 2012, we are offering full Spanish immersion Montessori toddler and preschool programs for children ages 18 months - 6 years. To our knowledge, this is the only Montessori immersion preschool program in all of Orange County, and we are very excited to enable our young students to become fluent in a foreign language at a time when it is basically effortless for them.
September 01, 2012

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (13 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (11 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Our son started Leport School when he was 2 years old in a toddler program with Ms. Hattery. He has been in a primary class with Ms. Satyani for one and a haft year now. He is very happy and we are pleased to see his progression. Ms. Satyani is very compassion about teaching and caring for little children. He has learnt so much as a 4 year old kid. He practices sounds, writing, doing simple calculation, and reading. Ms. Satyani always keep us updated how he is doing at school. We are planning to have him complete 3 years in primary class with Ms. Satyani. Leport-Huntington Beach school is always a friendly safety environment for children at all ages. Thank you so much for all the staff, the head of school and especially Ms. Satyani for such an excellent work.

Our family has attended LePort Huntington Harbor since 2011 and we couldn't be happier with the educational experience. Currently our older daughter is in second grade. Her teacher, Ms. Dhanani, is an experienced compassionate Montessori teacher with expertise through 6th grade. This is important to us as it allows our daughter to progress through material at her pace and not be limited to traditional "second grade" work. Our younger daughter is in the Spanish immersion tract with Ms. Gaxiola. She loves going to school and after 3 years in the program is functionally conversant in Spanish. We plan on keeping our children with LePort through 6th grade as I can't imagine a more perfect educational experience for our family.

Our son is currently in Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Bodinayake's Primary class. He loves going to school every day and has really thrived under the careful nurturing of his teachers. Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Bodinayake make a great team, and their amazing chemistry as colleagues helps to create a calm and harmonious energy in the classroom. They are both extremely caring, warm, and engaged with each of their students. I feel very fortunate that our son has such wonderful teachers! The administration is also amazing with Mrs. Asghar doing a fantastic job leading and growing the school. Everyone in the front office is friendly and ready to help you with anything you need. In addition, the group of genuine and kind families that Leport has attracted, really makes it feel like a close community of friends. I am very happy that my son attends this school and am very grateful to all of the teachers and staff that make this school truly top-notch.

Our son started at Lepprt in an infant class when he was 5 months old and has now moved up to the Toddler class. We love the school, love his teachers, and have always felt that he was safe and secure here. The hours are convenient for working parents, the school takes security seriously and we are kept up to date with school issues and activities via the school facebook page, emails and daily notices at check-in and pick up. We did not pick Leport specifically for the Montessori method, but we now see how our son is thriving here and learning so much. I am constantly amazed at what he does or says, and I know that his teachers are committed to helping him develop into an independent and confident child.

Our little daughter started at LePort school two years ago when she was two years old. She loves the staff, the staff loves her so we love this school... On our first visit at the school, we were immediately seduced by the multicultural environment created by its staff and its students. We really like the values that it brings to our daughter. Her teacher, Mrs Ferdinandus, is a very experienced Montessori teacher who has made a huge impact in teaching respect, discipline, good manners and self-confidence to our daughter while developing her academically. Our girl is born in a French speaking home and after joining the LePort school she became very quickly fluent in English which was a big deal for us! The LePort school also organises numerous activities where the parents are invited to join on the weekdays or the weekend (birthday celebration, Halloween parade, tacos Saturday...). It has been a good place for us to become friends with other parents. As anxious parents, we have found a school that do a very good job in educating our child!

My 2 year old is inot Mrs. Hawkins' class and I could tell be happier. His receptive and expressI've language skills have exploded and he is talking non stop. Mrs. Hawkins is warm, nurturing and fosters a rich learning environment.

Our son started in the toddler program 4 months ago after trying out the Montessori approach through the Parent and Child program that they offer. I remember touring one of the classrooms during snack time and my jaw dropped in disbelief that 12 toddlers were sitting quietly at the table, waiting their turn to pour a glass of water and serve themselves a snack. It was difficult to imagine that my own son could also behave in that manner, given the opportunity. Although we had our doubts, he proved us wrong by thriving in the environment. We love the approach of the Montessori philosophy and his teacher, Mrs. Hawkins, is exceptional. She is constantly challenging him, which is evident in his accelerated development.

My 2-year-old son started here a few months ago and I cannot say enough amazing things about this school. Of course there were a few tears the first couple of days, but by Week 2 he was literally running to get to school! He has so much fun while he is there and is so happy when I pick him up. The staff is incredibly friendly, and they really do go above and beyond to ensure that both child and parents are happy and comfortable. I would especially like to acknowledge his teacher, Ms. Adly, who continuously checks in with me to let me know how he is doing in class. As a first-time mother, it is incredibly comforting knowing my son is safe, happy, and thriving at school. I feel very grateful to have such a wonderful school so close by!

We have two children in the Spanish Imersion at LePort in the Toddler class and Primary. We are so happy with the school and will keep definitely our boys here through third grade. Not only does this school provide superior academic education, they provide and ideal environment for their emotional growth. This school is creating amazing children! The teachers and staff are wonderful, amazing people.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have heard wonderful things about all the teachers at LePort Huntington Harbor however I know from personal experience that Mrs. Isabel and Ms. Shirley in primary are wonderful, fantastic educator and beautiful human beings. My son loves them very much. Also Mrs. Jaramillo and Ms. Carrera in the toddler Spanish Imersion class are exceptional! I really can't paise them enough. My toddler son is so happy to go to school everyday. He truly loves them.

Last modified Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor is a Private school that serves grades PK-3