School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you to the parent who brought to our attention the security concerns with clipboards outside the building. In the past, clipboards were hung outside the building during morning drop-off and the mid-day and afternoon main pickup periods. During this time, a staff members is generally outside the building near the clipboards, greeting parents and welcoming children to school. Nevertheless, going forward, we are relocating the clipboards inside the office during drop-off and pick-up periods as well. We hope this addresses this parents concern. As for foreign language: starting September 2012, we are offering full Spanish immersion Montessori toddler and preschool programs for children ages 18 months - 6 years. To our knowledge, this is the only Montessori immersion preschool program in all of Orange County, and we are very excited to enable our young students to become fluent in a foreign language at a time when it is basically effortless for them.
September 01, 2012

Posted May 19, 2015
Our daughter has been a "student" at LePort Huntington Harbor for almost 3 years now, starting at 3 months in their infant program. It has been the best decision we could have made for her development, education, and independence. She thrives here daily. Every one of the staff here is devoted to these children and passionate about their work, exercise great patience, and give them so much love and care. The curriculum is designed with the Montessori mindset which creates a loving yet disciplined, open yet structured learning environment where the students thrive as they learn grace, courtesy, independence and an innate love for learning. We absolutely love it here. I am thrilled we have found this little treasure of a school, and am impressed with what she is learning and how independent she has grown all before turning 3! As a parent it's a bitter sweet moment when we drop our daughter off every morning as she runs into her class full of activities and doesn't even look back. Thank you LePort!

Posted May 07, 2015
My son has been going to LePort for a year and it has been the most amazing experience for all of us. He absolutely loves all of his teacher's - which makes dropping him off each morning so much easier. I'm so grateful for how much they have taught him.

Posted February 23, 2015
My son has been attending LePort for over 2 years now. He started in the Toddler program and then transitioned into the primary program. He has grown into a smart, social, polite, and fun young boy. He is currently in Mrs. Ferdinandus s class and is excelling academically. She is great at encouraging him to try new things and challenges him academically. His reading and math skills continue to amaze me on a daily basis. He comes home every day talking about new topics they are learning about (from the shapes of the leaves to the clouds and the continents). I am blown away by his knowledge in all the subject areas. He loves learning and Mrs. Ferdinandus is amazing at feeding his curious mind. I greatly appreciate her constant and thorough communication with me. As a parent, I feel extremely involved in his school life and that is thanks to her openness and honest communication with me. I am extremely grateful to LePort and to Mrs. Ferdinandus for all they do for my child.

Posted January 14, 2015
Our son has been enrolled in the Spanish Immersion Primary class with Ms. Tellez and Mrs. Rivas since September. Prior to enrolling, we researched other schools, but clearly LePort was the best choice. Thanks to his teachers, our son is learning Spanish and applying it other subjects--math, science, art, and literature. It is truly an immersion program that addresses the needs of each child while fostering a family atmosphere. We cannot say enough about the small class size and the individualized curriculum, a perfect setting for our curious son. We are educators and recognize Ms. Tellez and Mrs. Rivas as gifted teachers who truly nurture the "whole child." Additionally, our son has developed several friendships, which we treasure and hope to continue into the next level. As parents, we are grateful to be part of the LePort community, including the dedicated staff and supportive parents. Ms. Asghar's stellar leadership is reflected in every aspect of the school. From drop-off to pick-up, she along with Wendy, Kristy, and Kelly are so welcoming and ensure that everything runs smoothly. We feel confident every day our son attends LePort and look forward to the years ahead.

Posted December 11, 2014
Our daughter has been at LePort, Huntington Harbor for over 1 year now in Ms. Almanza's infant room. I wrote our first review of the school after our daughter had been in the room for about six months, and wanted to write again now that she is getting ready to move up to the toddler room, so I can honestly say that this review is based on the sum totality of the infant program at Huntington Harbor. So, how does the school stack up after roughly 13 months of daily childcare? I have to say that my wife and I are both incredibly happy with the level of care, professionalism, and dedication exhibited by the staff and faculty at Leport. Ms. Almanza, Ms Pham, Ms Bourdages, Ms Akimoto and Ms Palmer are all amazing childcare professionals, and we both feel lucky that our daughter was able to learn from each of these women. If you are considering the infant program at LePort, I can honestly and unreservedly recommend it for any child. It is endlessly comforting to know that our daughter is as well cared for (and probably more stimulated) at Leport than she would be at home. Thanks once again to the infant staff at Leport Huntington Harbor.

Posted November 13, 2014
I am a parent of a 3 1/2 year old who started at Leport in the beginning of last summer. The school has exceed all expectations that my husband and I had. The teaching theories of Maria Montessori is carried out in both environment and teaching methods. The children exhibit a genuine example of Montessori children, which is kind, respectful of people and their environment. Academic subjects are thought through various applications. First, a presentation by the teacher, then modeling. The student applies what they have observed, and if they are challenged, they are able to provide hands on one-on-one assistance. Didactic teaching does not exist, which method only uses only words to explain. The breadth of learning is vast and takes inside and outside the classroom when possible. The children understand that the subjects are real and exist outside of theory on paper. They are self-reliant, and prepare snacks by themselves, select their learning materials and clean up after each activity with care. The classrooms are not cluttered with posters or learning materials. All of the learning materials are of high quality, wood, glass, etc. Thank you to Mrs. Ashgar and her staff!

Posted November 13, 2014
Last year, after touring several options in the HH area when our bright little one was just 18mos, we met the fine staff at LePort while touring their campus. We signed up for the waiting list and enrolled our 20 mo old baby earlier this year! It wasn't a cakewalk dropping off our little one for the first time. Since that first day a relationship with LePort has evolved for our child (and ourselves as parents) fostering an environment of learning, progression, citizenship, within an instituion who seem to genuinely care and are friendly. It truly is astonishing to see your little infant become an individual in a good school environment with decent, supportive people whose own children attend their school! Bless all of LePort staff (you know who you are, you shine in our books ) for your help with our Angie! See you all next year!!! Happy Holidays! God Bless!

Posted November 13, 2014
My son is in a toddler program K1 with head teacher Ms. Hattery and assistant teacher Ms. William. When we first toured the campus, we was very impressed with a friendly informative administrative staff and the school environment. After enrolling we was worry because the school does not allow bottle which my son needs for his sleeping time. Ms. Hattery has reassured us and yet he does not go to school with a bottle. It takes us 30 minutes to drive him to school, but it is worthy because my son is very happy every day. We know that he is in such a good care. We would like to thank Ms. Hattery has helped potty training him in just 2 weeks. We would recommend to every parents who believe in Montessori philosophy to give Leport school a try. We are very happy and pleased. Thank you and wish you continue to grow strong.

Posted November 11, 2014
My grandson attends Le Port School in Huntington Beach. He is seven months old and has attended since he was three and a half months old. My daughter, son-in-law and I could not be happier that they chose Le Port and that Ms. Zappa is his teacher. We have been very impressed with the home-school communication. Ms. Zappa keeps his routine consistent with the routine at home so he doesn't have two separate lives and routines. His parents know how his day at school went, his schedule and any special activities and interests. The teachers know how his night and morning have gone and anything new/or changes in his life. The teachers at Le Port, and especially Ms. Zappa seem genuinely interested in my grandson. They know his personality and have encouraged his physical and cognitive development. They offer suggestions for nurturing his development at home. They celebrate each milestone with his parents. The result is a happy, confident, independent infant who fearlessly explores his world.

Posted November 11, 2014
As parents that both work extended hours, it was important to us to find a daycare that provided an environment that would be like a second home to our son. We got very lucky that our son is not a crier. Unfortunately that meant that in his first day care he was often ignored while the teachers soothed the babies that made the most noise. And then he started to fall behind on milestones. I am SO grateful for LePort. I saw an immediate turn around with my son and his milestones after enrolling him at LePort. Within days I could see a difference in how excited he was to go to school and how happy and fulfilled he was when he would come home. Now, several months later, he is excelling in every way and is advanced for his age in many skills and milestones. His teachers are so attentive and he loves his head teacher Ms. Zappa. She is always full of good ideas on ways to help our son grow and to address concerns we are having about issues with sleep, eating, or anything else. We seek out and take her advice on many subjects we have encountered with our son. We couldn t be happier with his teachers. They genuinely love our son.

Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor
16081 Waikiki Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92649
Last modified Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top