Huntington Beach, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you to the parent who brought to our attention the security concerns with clipboards outside the building. In the past, clipboards were hung outside the building during morning drop-off and the mid-day and afternoon main pickup periods. During this time, a staff members is generally outside the building near the clipboards, greeting parents and welcoming children to school. Nevertheless, going forward, we are relocating the clipboards inside the office during drop-off and pick-up periods as well. We hope this addresses this parents concern. As for foreign language: starting September 2012, we are offering full Spanish immersion Montessori toddler and preschool programs for children ages 18 months - 6 years. To our knowledge, this is the only Montessori immersion preschool program in all of Orange County, and we are very excited to enable our young students to become fluent in a foreign language at a time when it is basically effortless for them.
September 1, 2012

Posted December 11, 2014
Our daughter has been at LePort, Huntington Harbor for over 1 year now in Ms. Almanza's infant room. I wrote our first review of the school after our daughter had been in the room for about six months, and wanted to write again now that she is getting ready to move up to the toddler room, so I can honestly say that this review is based on the sum totality of the infant program at Huntington Harbor. So, how does the school stack up after roughly 13 months of daily childcare? I have to say that my wife and I are both incredibly happy with the level of care, professionalism, and dedication exhibited by the staff and faculty at Leport. Ms. Almanza, Ms Pham, Ms Bourdages, Ms Akimoto and Ms Palmer are all amazing childcare professionals, and we both feel lucky that our daughter was able to learn from each of these women. If you are considering the infant program at LePort, I can honestly and unreservedly recommend it for any child. It is endlessly comforting to know that our daughter is as well cared for (and probably more stimulated) at Leport than she would be at home. Thanks once again to the infant staff at Leport Huntington Harbor.

Posted November 13, 2014
I am a parent of a 3 1/2 year old who started at Leport in the beginning of last summer. The school has exceed all expectations that my husband and I had. The teaching theories of Maria Montessori is carried out in both environment and teaching methods. The children exhibit a genuine example of Montessori children, which is kind, respectful of people and their environment. Academic subjects are thought through various applications. First, a presentation by the teacher, then modeling. The student applies what they have observed, and if they are challenged, they are able to provide hands on one-on-one assistance. Didactic teaching does not exist, which method only uses only words to explain. The breadth of learning is vast and takes inside and outside the classroom when possible. The children understand that the subjects are real and exist outside of theory on paper. They are self-reliant, and prepare snacks by themselves, select their learning materials and clean up after each activity with care. The classrooms are not cluttered with posters or learning materials. All of the learning materials are of high quality, wood, glass, etc. Thank you to Mrs. Ashgar and her staff!

Posted November 13, 2014
Last year, after touring several options in the HH area when our bright little one was just 18mos, we met the fine staff at LePort while touring their campus. We signed up for the waiting list and enrolled our 20 mo old baby earlier this year! It wasn't a cakewalk dropping off our little one for the first time. Since that first day a relationship with LePort has evolved for our child (and ourselves as parents) fostering an environment of learning, progression, citizenship, within an instituion who seem to genuinely care and are friendly. It truly is astonishing to see your little infant become an individual in a good school environment with decent, supportive people whose own children attend their school! Bless all of LePort staff (you know who you are, you shine in our books ) for your help with our Angie! See you all next year!!! Happy Holidays! God Bless!

Posted November 13, 2014
My son is in a toddler program K1 with head teacher Ms. Hattery and assistant teacher Ms. William. When we first toured the campus, we was very impressed with a friendly informative administrative staff and the school environment. After enrolling we was worry because the school does not allow bottle which my son needs for his sleeping time. Ms. Hattery has reassured us and yet he does not go to school with a bottle. It takes us 30 minutes to drive him to school, but it is worthy because my son is very happy every day. We know that he is in such a good care. We would like to thank Ms. Hattery has helped potty training him in just 2 weeks. We would recommend to every parents who believe in Montessori philosophy to give Leport school a try. We are very happy and pleased. Thank you and wish you continue to grow strong.

Posted November 11, 2014
My grandson attends Le Port School in Huntington Beach. He is seven months old and has attended since he was three and a half months old. My daughter, son-in-law and I could not be happier that they chose Le Port and that Ms. Zappa is his teacher. We have been very impressed with the home-school communication. Ms. Zappa keeps his routine consistent with the routine at home so he doesn't have two separate lives and routines. His parents know how his day at school went, his schedule and any special activities and interests. The teachers know how his night and morning have gone and anything new/or changes in his life. The teachers at Le Port, and especially Ms. Zappa seem genuinely interested in my grandson. They know his personality and have encouraged his physical and cognitive development. They offer suggestions for nurturing his development at home. They celebrate each milestone with his parents. The result is a happy, confident, independent infant who fearlessly explores his world.

Posted November 11, 2014
As parents that both work extended hours, it was important to us to find a daycare that provided an environment that would be like a second home to our son. We got very lucky that our son is not a crier. Unfortunately that meant that in his first day care he was often ignored while the teachers soothed the babies that made the most noise. And then he started to fall behind on milestones. I am SO grateful for LePort. I saw an immediate turn around with my son and his milestones after enrolling him at LePort. Within days I could see a difference in how excited he was to go to school and how happy and fulfilled he was when he would come home. Now, several months later, he is excelling in every way and is advanced for his age in many skills and milestones. His teachers are so attentive and he loves his head teacher Ms. Zappa. She is always full of good ideas on ways to help our son grow and to address concerns we are having about issues with sleep, eating, or anything else. We seek out and take her advice on many subjects we have encountered with our son. We couldn t be happier with his teachers. They genuinely love our son.

Posted March 27, 2014
I cannot say enough about how wonderful the infant program and Ms. Zappa have been for my son's development. He's become such a happy, independent, confident little man! This is one of the few infant programs out there that is actually designed for infants, not for convenience of adults. The walking children enjoy daily strolls at a luxuriously slow pace, where they examine rocks, snails, and flowers with glee. The young infants ride in a buggy, where teachers sing and talk to them during their walk. All infants eat at a low table (not a high chair) where they learn to use ceramic dishes and silverware, and drink from a glass. They nap on low cots, and simply stand up and walk (or crawl) back to class when they are rested - no crying for help to be lifted out of a crib. And the language development - wow! Not just "dog" and "cat", but "whale", "leaf", "squirrel"... I truly believe that my son would not be the same capable little person he's become if he'd been in a standard daycare or home with a sitter. Further, the transition up to the Spanish Immersion toddler room was gradual and seamless... and at 18 months he's already starting to use the toilet!

Posted March 08, 2014
We have two boys in LePort, one in the infant program and one in the toddler program, and we all love it very much. Every level is amazing.. The infant class is so wonderful. It's peaceful and the teachers are all very knowledgable about this delicate age. We are never worried leaving our little ones. They work do fun activities everyday, even with the babies. As they grow older new materials are added to encourage further learning. This is truly an amazing school! Another thing to mention is that the staff is always wonderful! Very friendly and extremely helpful.

Posted December 08, 2013
The Leport School in Huntington Harbor is Amazing!!! Our son is in second grade now and started at Leport in their Toddler program when he was 20 months old. Our daughter started at 18 months and will begin kindergarten next year. Dillon is now with Ms. Noorzad and Mr. Mazari in the Elementary program. They are both exceptional teachers! It is amazing how much he has learned. He is able to read and comprehend 5th grade level books and multiplies and divides at home for fun. He loves to learn and is constantly asking questions and researching topics that interest him on his own. Just the other day he was able to name all the countries in Africa while blind folded by feeling the shape. We are amazed each week at what our son knows and what he is able to do both academically and socially. Our daughter is in Mrs. Caruth's room, the same teacher our son had. She is also an incredible teacher. I have to admit, even though my husband and I are both teachers, we have not worked with our son or daughter at all academically. We spend our time together on outings and my son is busy playing club soccer. We owe everything to Leport. It has been the best investment we have ever made!!!

Posted September 25, 2013
I definitely recommend LePort. It is by far one of the best schools I have ever visited. I chose LePort for both my children- ages 3 and 10 months and could not be happier. They are learning so much every day. The infant program is fabulous. They really take a strong approach to education and help with all areas of a child's development. In the pre primary. kids are exposed to practical life as well as to all other subjects- math, geography, reading, etc. The school focuses mainly on education and learning through play. Children are taught how to behave, how to learn for the future and how to be exceptional individuals in today's world. I love the school and the effect that it has on my kids and our family. It requires involvement (both from the parents' side as well as the teachers) which is exactly what I was looking for in a school. Exceptional school with fabulous teachers - words cannot describe how happy I am to have found it and be part of it.

Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor
16081 Waikiki Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92649
Last modified Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top