PK-3|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you to the parent who brought to our attention the security concerns with clipboards outside the building. In the past, clipboards were hung outside the building during morning drop-off and the mid-day and afternoon main pickup periods. During this time, a staff members is generally outside the building near the clipboards, greeting parents and welcoming children to school. Nevertheless, going forward, we are relocating the clipboards inside the office during drop-off and pick-up periods as well. We hope this addresses this parents concern. As for foreign language: starting September 2012, we are offering full Spanish immersion Montessori toddler and preschool programs for children ages 18 months - 6 years. To our knowledge, this is the only Montessori immersion preschool program in all of Orange County, and we are very excited to enable our young students to become fluent in a foreign language at a time when it is basically effortless for them.
September 01, 2012

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (12 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (11 responses)

Posted May 05, 2016
My 2 year old is inot Mrs. Hawkins' class and I could tell be happier. His receptive and expressI've language skills have exploded and he is talking non stop. Mrs. Hawkins is warm, nurturing and fosters a rich learning environment.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 05, 2016
Michelle, in the front office, is very helpful and she always had a smile on her face. Mrs. Hawkins, t9ddler teacher, is fantastic with the children!!

Posted May 05, 2016
Our son started in the toddler program 4 months ago after trying out the Montessori approach through the Parent and Child program that they offer. I remember touring one of the classrooms during snack time and my jaw dropped in disbelief that 12 toddlers were sitting quietly at the table, waiting their turn to pour a glass of water and serve themselves a snack. It was difficult to imagine that my own son could also behave in that manner, given the opportunity. Although we had our doubts, he proved us wrong by thriving in the environment. We love the approach of the Montessori philosophy and his teacher, Mrs. Hawkins, is exceptional. She is constantly challenging him, which is evident in his accelerated development.

Posted April 26, 2016
My 2-year-old son started here a few months ago and I cannot say enough amazing things about this school. Of course there were a few tears the first couple of days, but by Week 2 he was literally running to get to school! He has so much fun while he is there and is so happy when I pick him up. The staff is incredibly friendly, and they really do go above and beyond to ensure that both child and parents are happy and comfortable. I would especially like to acknowledge his teacher, Ms. Adly, who continuously checks in with me to let me know how he is doing in class. As a first-time mother, it is incredibly comforting knowing my son is safe, happy, and thriving at school. I feel very grateful to have such a wonderful school so close by!

Posted April 14, 2016
We have two children in the Spanish Imersion at LePort in the Toddler class and Primary. We are so happy with the school and will keep definitely our boys here through third grade. Not only does this school provide superior academic education, they provide and ideal environment for their emotional growth. This school is creating amazing children! The teachers and staff are wonderful, amazing people.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 14, 2016
I have heard wonderful things about all the teachers at LePort Huntington Harbor however I know from personal experience that Mrs. Isabel and Ms. Shirley in primary are wonderful, fantastic educator and beautiful human beings. My son loves them very much. Also Mrs. Jaramillo and Ms. Carrera in the toddler Spanish Imersion class are exceptional! I really can't paise them enough. My toddler son is so happy to go to school everyday. He truly loves them.

Posted February 10, 2016
My experience with the Huntington Harbor campus of Leport has been amazing. I have a toddler who began school at one year old, and just started my brand new four month old baby! I am so grateful to have found a place in which I can leave my baby and feel at ease. Before choosing this school, I had visited a lot of other "day care" options, and was constantly disappointed with either the attentiveness of the staff, cleanliness of the school, or safety standards. Leport was like a breath of fresh air. It was a completely wonderful experience to see young, motivated, attentive teachers who truly care about my child, and a staff that is beyond attentive! I had a few reservations with the school due to the distance from my home and the cost, but you really cant put a price on the experience we have gotten here. Ms Levy was the infant teacher for my son, and has now taken over teaching my youngest, and has taught me so much! Once my son moved on to the toddler program I was worried about leaving the "familiar" faces in infant, but was welcomed with a whole new team of wonderful teachers. Ms. Hattery has taken over his care and is amazing! She communicates with us daily, passing on fun stories but also ensuring that we are on the same page with every detail of my sons life to ensure he is really thriving. I really get the feeling that she cares about him, and our family, and it puts me at such ease. I LOVE this school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 30, 2016
Mrs. Masood and Mrs. Bodinayake are a great team and excellent teachers. They are caring and clearly love teaching.

Posted January 30, 2016
My daughter has been going to LePort for nearly 3 years. I did a lot of research before enrolling her in this school so I thought it would be a good. It's not just good - it's great! The teachers are caring and clearly enjoy what they do. You simply can't go wrong at LePort Huntington Harbor!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 08, 2016
I want to say thanks to all the staff members at Leport schools, Huntington Harbor from teachers to front office, day care teachers, Mrs. Asghar, Mrs. Humes, Mrs. Satyani, Mrs. D'agostino

16081 Waikiki Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92649
Last modified Leport Schools - Huntington Harbor is a Private school that serves grades PK-3