Bad
Good

The Eader community makes all the difference! Many parents attended here when they were kids and so they're invested in the school. Great families, great teachers- we've had 4 kids here and loved our experience. Go Eagles!

This will be my second year at Eader I truly love this school from the amazing teachers and staff to the great parent volunteers. Keep up the great work!

Eader Eagles continue to Soar. This school has a supportive educational community. Within a years' time it increased their API to 932. The Leadership and attitude of the principal & staff are caring but firm. They incorporate innovation with a positive & nurturing style which is part of their success. The teachers are highly skilled and passionate about their instruction. The PTA welcomes all parents and encourages all levels of participation in school activities. Without the additional financial support from parents they wouldn't have the computers in the classrooms, educational assemblies, Music & Art Masters. All of which are paid for with PTA funds. We are fortunate to have such a hands-on Principal. She is very involved with staff, parents & students and her open-door policy makes her so very approachable for ALL who need her. Eader has made some necessary improvements to the exterior of the school with the safety of the students in mind. Their is always room for improvement whether its curriculum, more parent involvement or the aesthetics of the school. It is definitely on the Upswing for me and exceeding-which is a very good thing for my child's educational experience.

I went to Eader starting from the 5th grade. They were very welcoming and seemed like a nice environment, until you actually attend it. My 5th grade teacher was very lazy and he seemed to lack the enthusiasm that other teachers had in other schools. I also despise my old math teacher because she would go very slow, and closer to the end she sped up so things were very hard to understand. When we got to the big test, I failed it so I went to basic math instead of advanced. They had too long of recess time, and there were too many assemblies. If I had the ability to either go to prison or Eader, it would be prison.

Every school has students line up before class so I don't see why this is an issue. Teachers are busy doing final prep for the start of the day, it has absolutely nothing to do with "teachers not wanting to be with their students" and as another parent stated that is a ignorant comment! As for the Friday Assemblies, recognition for students is a good thing however, the principal needs to take better control of students not talking during this time, perhaps the music teacher should do it as she seems to be much better at getting everyone to pay attention.

In regards to a previous comment-- I will state that we have asked for soft openings for every class level but the idea of trusting students to get to class once they are dropped off is always questioned by parents. As far as the Friday assembly........ This has been a school tradition since the school has been opened and is something that many Alumni love. We as teachers love to take time to celebrate our students accomplishments and students love to be appreciated in front of their peers and families (it doesn't happen often anymore), however it would run much more smoothly and quickly if the parents in the back would stop talking and even get the students to the line before the bell rings. Teachers not wanting to spend time with their students is a hurtful and ignorant comment.

The parental involvement and support at Eader is outstanding! I'm amazed that all 3rd through 5th grade students have the opportunity to learn to play keyboard during music class! Whether handling bullying problems or ensuring my child received an appropriate IEP, I was pleased with the principal's response to my child's needs or concerns. I love the academically challenging environment and their teachers' commitment to their success. I would prefer, however, that the students line up in front of their classes to help the parents to get to know each other at the start of the year.

Our daughter moved to this district from out of state and is in 1st grade. So far we have really enjoyed her teacher and the rest of the staff. She is enjoying it as well. I do have to agree with the wasted time in the morning and Friday assembly. Overall though we are very happy with this school!

Have encountered nothing but good teachers here and there is very good parent participation overall. What is wrong with this school is the amount of educational time wasted every morning with the kids having to line up on the blacktop instead of be in their classes when the bell rings (loss of 10-15 min each day). Add to that a WEEKLY Friday morning assembly which eats up another 1/2 hr. and that adds up to alot of wasted educational hours over the year. Parents have complained about this for years, even petitioned to get it changed, but apparently the staff wants as little time as possible with the kids first thing in the morning.

This school has budget problems due to the state, but still has enough motivation to have found an outside PE program, an computer lab, a music program. They have a good attitude.

Last modified John H. Eader Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.