Bad
Good

My son is now in 2nd grade and has been here since Kindergarten. The teachers he has had have been pretty good but I think they are limited in resources based on class sizes but I do not blame them for this. There is a lot of parent involvement which in theory is great but when that means there are 3 or 4 class moms with no schooling in education (or any schooling for that matter) helping run the class I have to question the quality of education he is receiving. Also, I think ripping pages out of workbooks and having kids work on mountains of these things is a cop out. I would prefer the incorporation of innovative lessons encouraging problem solving, free thinking and creativity. Last, I have to agree with the other poster that mentioned the "Mom Mafia". It is a little pathetic and a lot annoying and takes away from the goals I have in mind for my child. Overall, though I would rate Moffett average to slightly above average for a public school.

My son just started Kindergarten and I could't be happier with the school, his teacher and the principal. He loves it and wakes up every AM eager to get to school. Loved that the Principal took time over the summer to have a one-on-one tour with me to learn more about Moffett and the school's philosophy. He just started receiving homework and it's just the right amount for him and Mom. :o) Looking forward to the next few years at Moffett.

Moffett Elementary is an At kind of school! Moffett gives its students remarkable educational and self-empowering opportunities. Mr. Andrzejewski. (School Principal) is exceptional! My child who is in second grade this year continues to excel in the academics provided by the impeccable teaching staff. I give thanks to Mr. A and his staff for giving my son (and daughter who graduated last year) and all others the environment and guidance to believe that they can achieve on the highest level; and just as, if not more importantly, to develop the self-awareness that doing their best, no matter the effort involved, has its own rewards that far exceed taking the easy way out. Also; a huge thank you to the PTA and Parent Involvement! What a difference it makes to have an awesome PTA and such dedicated parents!

Moffatt is a great school. They really engage my child and she feels valued as a person. They communicate well and are truly concerned about her welfare and safety

We're really happy about this school. The staff, teachers and principal care about our children and their education. The PTA is wonderful, with so many volunteers aboard!

I am really unhappy about this school. My child's teacher refuses to give "challenge work". Now I understand that this is not required of teachers or the school. However, what teacher would refuse this if the child voluntarily asks for more work. Overall, my child gets the education needed so I am willing to give this school 2 stars but the recent incident just makes me not think well of this school. I hope that we have a better experience next year. Also, I gave 5 stars to the parent involvement because they do let parents get involved. However is it necessary to call me 3x and email me the day before my volunteer day? Calm down, PTA ;-)

I was prompted to write after the incorrect 11/1/12 post. Moffett is NOT IN PROGRAM IMPROVEMENT! If the parent had truly read the letter, they would have realized that there are only two schools in our district that have been placed into stage one of program improvement: Dwyer Middle School & Perry Elementary School. Moffett recently made incredible growth in their API score. They 'stress the test' because of the emphasis that the State & Federal Government put on those scores (legislation called No Child Left Behind). Quite frankly I appreciate the academic emphasis and wish there was more. There are amazing programs the PTA & the principal supports: field trips, art masters, music, red ribbon week, fall festival, food truck frenzy, science night, skate parties, reflections, student recognition for multiple areas, track & field, student council,... It's a great school! If I had the power & funds to change things I'd implement smaller class sizes & regularly scheduled lunch time activities for students, incorporate diversity education into the curriculum, add a sunshade, become a green school, have a later start time, and lastly mandate uniforms throughout the district!

The post from 11/1/12 is incorrect-Moffett Elementary School IS NOT IN PROGRAM IMPROVEMENT! Please be very careful about what you post and know your FACTS. If you had read the letter from the school district, you would have clearly noted that there are two schools in our district that have been placed into stage one of program improvement, and neither of those schools are Moffett. The schools are Dwyer Middle School and Perry Elementary School. Furthermore, those schools were placed into program improvement because of low test scores for a specific group of students and not because of the scores for the majority of the student population. If you are not comfortable with this school it is your loss. Moffett is one of the top scoring schools which has made incredible growth in their API score. The teachers 'stress the test' because of the emphasis that the State & Federal Government put on those scores (legislation called No Child Left Behind). Get involved - stop judging from the sidewalk or play ground. We are more than a few fun activities - we are a strong academic education center that prepares all students beyond the standards that are set forth. A proud Moffet parent!

My daughter started Kindergarten this year at Moffett. My goal, as a parent (and former teacher), is for my daughter to LOVE school and become a life-long learner. Moffett Elementary is definitely supporting my goal for her! My daughter is amped to wake up and go to school - she has an energetic teacher that manages the classroom like a pro. The principal knows his school, his teachers, and their needs. He is very approachable - I wish that I was still teaching so I could work FOR him! The PTA welcomes all parents and encourages all levels of participation in school activities. I have 3 young kiddos and the PTA has helped me to find ways to volunteer that work for our family situation. They have AMAZING programs - Art Masters, BFF Reading Program, and the Fall Festival - what fun! So thankful for this school! Note: There is a negative review written by another parent. Unfortunately, they MISREAD the information on the letter from the Superintendent. The letter was general information regarding the district and some of its schools - not Moffett!

My child was in Kindergarten last year at moffett. I was very impressed by the teachers and the academics. My older children had attended elementary school at another HB school in Ocean View District, so I have something to compare it to. My daughter excelled here. I am so impressed by this school. I wish I could go back and have all my children attend this school.

Last modified S. A. Moffett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.