Huntington Beach, CA

Posted January 21, 2014
My son is in the preppy k program at this school & it has been amazing! I did not feel he was ready for the rigorous demands of kindergarten yet & this has been the perfect bridge between preschool & kindergarten. The curriculum is the same as kindergarten but is taught at a slower pace to allow for stress free learning. They do a lot of activities that help with fine motor skills & writing too as well as some really fun activities. The principal, Dr. H has been absolutely wonderful! I wasn't sure if this would be the correct placement for my son but after talking with Dr. H (the principal), all my concerns were eased. She is the most caring & involved principal & that spirit radiates throughout the school community. This is not our home school so my son will be somewhere else next year for kindergarten & we will miss Perry very much!

Posted December 28, 2012
My son attends this school, and he's in the 1st Grade. I have to say, this school is fantastic! Before my son attended Kindergarten here, he was pretty shy, but he has blossomed socially in the last couple of years. Both of the teachers that he has had have been incredible with him, and he honestly enjoys attending school. The principal is also awesome! She is really caring about the childrens' education. The only place where there is room for improvement is parent involvement. The parent involvement at this school is good, but it could be better. I'm not crazy about the PTA leader, as she will not delegate responsibility, preferring instead to take on everything herself while complaining that no one wants to help. I'm sure that many parents would be more involved if we didn't have to go through our PTA president to help out.

Posted July 04, 2012
Perry is a fantastic school and if you get a chance to have your child attend - DO IT! My son is in 5th grade next year and has attended since kindergarten. He is Honor Roll and scores tops in state testing. Perry has jumped 28 points in state test scores in just two years! The teachers, staff, and Principal are wonderful and the PTA has been able to provide programs like Art and Music. I cannot say enough about how great this school is!

Posted February 08, 2012
My daughter has attendede Preschool here. We loved Miss Cindy and Miss Stacey, and now Mrs Grogan and Miss Nora are amazing teachers. Ive only heard the best things about Mrs Alavrez, and Im so thorned because we may have to move them to another school, but we really wanted our son to learn as much a s our daughter did in Preschool ... Excellent preschool and kindergarten. Dont know much about therest of the grades... but its a good start....

Joseph R. Perry Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2011
This School is HORRIBLE! The 4 years that my son was there he was basically denied an education. The only great teacher he had there was in 2nd grade, after that it was all down hill. I went into conference & asked his 4th & 5th grade teacher how he was supposed to learn in such a messy classroom, he had no response. The majority of the time the kids were with aids ( that had no teaching credentials ) 80% of the time no homework was given. I sat down with the principal and teacher & explained my concerns & was told changes would be made, yet none were. My friend use to teach at this school & she transferred, telling me to try and get a transfer, because it's bad there all the way around! Sent with my iPhone

Joseph R. Perry Elementary School 4

Posted January 16, 2011
My grandchildren attend Perry School and we are very pleased with the teachers. Mrs. Alvaez, who teaches kindergarten at Perry is just amazing. She has a wonderful way of relating to all the children and motivating them to learn. She should be mentoring all the other kindergarten teachers in the district.

Posted February 19, 2010

Joseph R. Perry Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
My daughter attended Perry for Kindergarten and First grade. Ms. Alverez and Ms. Finster are amazing teachers that will be close to our hearts always. This school has very caring teachers. The school does not have a lot of money but, really care about the students. We had a very positive experience at the school and any issues that came up were handled very well by the teachers.

Joseph R. Perry Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
Perry Elementary is a great school. There is active participation by faculty and staff also encourage parent involvement.The PTSA this year is awesome! The new principal is just as awesome! Thank you for your commitment to our children and their education.

Posted February 25, 2009
Perry is an amazing school with fantastic staff and wonderful children. The fact that the teachers talk with the children and not at them makes such a big difference. My child has found a wonderful new confidence since he has been at Perry. I want to say that Mrs.Forgiarini and Ms. K are amazing.

Joseph R. Perry Elementary School
19231 Harding Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92646
Last modified Joseph R. Perry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph R. Perry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top