Huntington Beach, CA

Posted October 23, 2014
Our School is not Racist Westminster, just because most of the students are white, doesn't mean they're against minorities. I'm Asian, and I like it here, except the other Asians in this school are kind of Goody Goods. But so far, as long as Dr. Morrow is our Principle, this school is the bomb Dawg. Fo Shizzle. Peace.

Posted February 27, 2014
This school is the best I've seen. It's very very accepting of all types of students and it has a great student population. Our choir program is superb and we have many clubs on campus, and the stuff truley wants to help students.

Marina High School 1

Posted June 17, 2012
This school is just a huge joke- most teachers don't even pay attention to student's specific needs whatsoever; In fact the teacher aides won't do jack! It seems more like they're being compensated to be on Facebook or Twitter all day. I've transferred since & I don't regret making that decision

Posted November 17, 2011
I am a current junior and I am so proud to say that I attend Marina. As a freshman, I didn't really enjoy school much but after getting involved & challenging myself with rigorous courses, I have learned so much valuable life lessons & skills. I am so glad I did not switch to a different school. The teachers, especially honors & AP teachers, are passionate about their job. They all are willing to help me whenever I need help, whether it be before, during, or afterschool. The library is always open so if your child has a hard time focusing at home, they can go into the library to do work. There is usually an english & math teacher available in the library to help out the students. I find my teachers this year to all be very qualified and always willing to help me. The planning Mondays are also nice (an extra hour of sleep)! The principal is also amazing. There are a lot of clubs & extracurriculars. Our school has gained a lot of school spirit in the past few years. Looking forward to a great year ahead of me & the best senior year ever! Wooot wooot

Posted March 19, 2010
I transferred my daughter from Pacifica High to Marina. What a difference. Her grades are up, the teachers that she has care, the principal is great and she enjoys school again. We have no problems here plus they care more about academics and help all students during class time where it belongs.

Posted December 25, 2009

Posted September 17, 2009
Marina has the BEST principal in the world. Yea! Dr. Morrow. They have great acivities including an improv team and a surf team.

Posted May 22, 2009
The principal is excellent. He is also a former champion surfer. This school is going to get ahead with the new leadership. The AP and honors program will give your child a top quality education. I have two kids in this school and I am very impressed.

Posted May 05, 2009

Posted March 13, 2009
I have been a volunteer at marina since 1996, my oldest child graduated in 2000 but I stuck around until my son entered and then decided the school was so good, I keep volunteering. without parent volunteers any school would be difficult. the budget cuts alone make school a laughing stock. Marina is one of the best and when my son graduated in 2010, I will continue to support the school because it is part of my community and the admin and teachers truly care about our kids. YOU GO MARINA - I am fortunate to have found this terrific school.

Marina High School
15871 Springdale Street, Huntington Beach, CA  92649
Last modified Marina High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marina High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top