711 students|Ocean View

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

They told my daughters father that I was staying at a shelter right after I had gotten off the phone with them

Amazing teachers, but I can't trust the school. I am a dv victim & the office disclosed information that was very confidential that put me in danger. Elaine who works in the front is very rude and apparently has already gotten multiple complaints from parents to the district. I had to take my daughter out for the sole purpose that I couldn't trust them.

It's the luck of the draw and that goes for the gifted program too. Overcrowded classrooms, 34 kids in a gifted class, 5 more than the maximum 29 allowed by the state!! Which lead to a chaotic classroom, an overwhelmed, and otherwise less than competent "gifted" teacher who kept parent communication to a minimum, a few e-mails here and there. No daily schedule, had no idea what they were supposedly learning on daily basis unless you are willing to call and or e-mail all the time to find out and wait for an answer. Other than a few group projects throughout the whole year, all the extracurricular and adjusted learning activities were nowhere to be found! There was absolutely no practice work and no homework!! That is unless students were being "punished" for not finishing their school work. So instead of homework serving as a chance to review and improve student's skills, this teacher used it as a punishment tool! And if you ever volunteer, you will get to find out why some students were not finishing their work. Because some of them were more in the special ed category, rather than gifted, much slower than an average student, rather than more efficient and fast learning and some lacked basic reading skills!! So you can't keep but wonder why were they ever "plugged" into this program in the first place?! My only guess would be for fundraising purposes (the school is continuously accepting more students than they are supposed to, from other districts, there were kids coming from as far as Santa Ana!) and to make sure they have enough kids to keep this program going as less and less kids qualify as truly gifted. Whatever the reason, they are doing these kids a great disservice with their practices and we felt like my child experienced stagnation, rather than growth, in a gifted program!! The school is also a revolving door for principles. There is a new principle every 2 years. It was a total waste of a young child’s academic year, and a very disappointing experience. And while there may be some truly wonderful teachers here, we were not that lucky and not willing to be dealt the same cards again. So, we will be sending our youngest that was just accepted into GATE to Peterson and pray we get a better service for our hard earned tax payer dollars!!

Excellent school community! Excellent teachers and principal! I am so happy we moved into the area!

My son is now a fifth grader having started in Kindergarten at Circle View. Through the years he has been blessed to have wonderful teachers who are all very professional and caring. Sad to see Principal Carol Furman come during his last year as I feel the leadership was missing at the school. With Principal Furman the school is sure to progress to great levels!!!!!!

Having had a horrible year with my 5th grader and the principal at this school I also have a 1st grader and he has had the opposite his teacher Mrs Hollingworth is GOLD she stays late to help the kids that need it and my sons reading improved so much he was given an award and is now an amazing reader the principal is being replaced and the new principal is a much NEEDED change to this school although the leadership is severely lacking the teachers are wonderful and amazing and I have loved each one my child has had. This has the potential to be the incredible school it used to be because of the parents and the teachers I am looking forward to another amazing year at CIRCLVIEW ELEM and Mrs H is an angel I ADORE HER Mrs Williams also is an amazing teacher.

this school may have been good at 1 time , but not anymore ..the place is a joke

The quality of the learning enivornment has continued to degrade since Dr. Tressler left the school 4 years ago. The teachers openly discuss the "budget" issues in their classrooms which is offensive and inappropriate - I don't want my elementary aged child to worry about financial matters that are best left to adults. It is hit or miss with the teachers - they range from completely apathetic to being passionate. If the teacher assignment doesn't feel right to you - demand a change - don't let the principal bully you!

This is our second year at this school and my family has been extremely happy with the teachers, the school environment and the overall focus on the child. I love how involved and excited the lower grade teachers about the well-being of the kids in their classes. It shows! The office staff is really friendly too and so is the after care program.

awsome school you have to let your son/daughter the best school ever its the blue ribbon school

Last modified Circle View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.