Huntington Beach, CA

Circle View Elementary School 2

Posted July 31, 2015
It's the luck of the draw and that goes for the gifted program too. Overcrowded classrooms, 34 kids in a gifted class, 5 more than the maximum 29 allowed by the state!! Which lead to a chaotic classroom, an overwhelmed, and otherwise less than competent "gifted" teacher who kept parent communication to a minimum, a few e-mails here and there. No daily schedule, had no idea what they were supposedly learning on daily basis unless you are willing to call and or e-mail all the time to find out and wait for an answer. Other than a few group projects throughout the whole year, all the extracurricular and adjusted learning activities were nowhere to be found! There was absolutely no practice work and no homework!! That is unless students were being "punished" for not finishing their school work. So instead of homework serving as a chance to review and improve student's skills, this teacher used it as a punishment tool! And if you ever volunteer, you will get to find out why some students were not finishing their work. Because some of them were more in the special ed category, rather than gifted, much slower than an average student, rather than more efficient and fast learning and some lacked basic reading skills!! So you can't keep but wonder why were they ever "plugged" into this program in the first place?! My only guess would be for fundraising purposes (the school is continuously accepting more students than they are supposed to, from other districts, there were kids coming from as far as Santa Ana!) and to make sure they have enough kids to keep this program going as less and less kids qualify as truly gifted. Whatever the reason, they are doing these kids a great disservice with their practices and we felt like my child experienced stagnation, rather than growth, in a gifted program!! The school is also a revolving door for principles. There is a new principle every 2 years. It was a total waste of a young child’s academic year, and a very disappointing experience. And while there may be some truly wonderful teachers here, we were not that lucky and not willing to be dealt the same cards again. So, we will be sending our youngest that was just accepted into GATE to Peterson and pray we get a better service for our hard earned tax payer dollars!!

Posted May 17, 2014
Excellent school community! Excellent teachers and principal! I am so happy we moved into the area!

Posted October 24, 2013
My son is now a fifth grader having started in Kindergarten at Circle View. Through the years he has been blessed to have wonderful teachers who are all very professional and caring. Sad to see Principal Carol Furman come during his last year as I feel the leadership was missing at the school. With Principal Furman the school is sure to progress to great levels!!!!!!

Circle View Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
Having had a horrible year with my 5th grader and the principal at this school I also have a 1st grader and he has had the opposite his teacher Mrs Hollingworth is GOLD she stays late to help the kids that need it and my sons reading improved so much he was given an award and is now an amazing reader the principal is being replaced and the new principal is a much NEEDED change to this school although the leadership is severely lacking the teachers are wonderful and amazing and I have loved each one my child has had. This has the potential to be the incredible school it used to be because of the parents and the teachers I am looking forward to another amazing year at CIRCLVIEW ELEM and Mrs H is an angel I ADORE HER Mrs Williams also is an amazing teacher.

Posted April 25, 2013
this school may have been good at 1 time , but not anymore ..the place is a joke

Circle View Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2013
The quality of the learning enivornment has continued to degrade since Dr. Tressler left the school 4 years ago. The teachers openly discuss the "budget" issues in their classrooms which is offensive and inappropriate - I don't want my elementary aged child to worry about financial matters that are best left to adults. It is hit or miss with the teachers - they range from completely apathetic to being passionate. If the teacher assignment doesn't feel right to you - demand a change - don't let the principal bully you!

Circle View Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2012
This is our second year at this school and my family has been extremely happy with the teachers, the school environment and the overall focus on the child. I love how involved and excited the lower grade teachers about the well-being of the kids in their classes. It shows! The office staff is really friendly too and so is the after care program.

Posted September 11, 2012
awsome school you have to let your son/daughter the best school ever its the blue ribbon school

Posted August 26, 2012
This is suppose to be a Blue Ribbon School, however the new Principal ONLY has the teachers' interests in mind. A particular disturbing incident took place with a Kindergarten teacher and my child. Upon meeting with the Principal and teacher, the teacher admitted to wrong doing while the Principal scoffed and rolled her eyes at my husband and I. She was unwilling to accomodate the move of our child into another classroom. There has been many other incidents with this particular teacher and yet the Principal continues to do nothing. There are a few good teachers in the bunch, however with such bad leadership, the good teachers tend to be over looked. On an end note, the parents have no say what teacher their children will get the next year, it is actually left up to the previous teacher. My child has been labeled a "naughty" child in his file by his previous teacher, obviously pay back for him telling his parents what she did to him.

Posted March 24, 2011
Like one of the reviews stated, there are some very poor teachers at this school, very limited in scope on personality of a child, on which I am extremely disappointed - thus my child is dubbed a so-called "degenerate" when she is a perfectly NORMAL child. I have raised 5 children and this is uncalled for. Be very careful what teacher you have at this school!!

Circle View Elementary School
6261 Hooker Drive, Huntington Beach, CA  92647
Last modified Circle View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Circle View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top