461 students|Ocean View

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is a awesome school, I didn't want my kids going here based on reviews, but don't let that fool you, its better then Circle View !! . .

We love College View Elementary School! I have 2 kids here and we love it. The teachers are SUPER dedicated and LOVE their "Wild Cats" and it shows!! They go above and beyond to help your child achieve their very best! I have been very impressed with our teaching staff! My kids love going to school here!! Can't wait for another amazing year to start!

We came from another school in the district 2 years ago. Making the transfer was a decision I was not taking lightly. I looked at test scores, at how the principals reviews & test scores had been at their previous schools, I peeked in the windows on the weekends, read every review I could find, you name it I did it! I did so much research my husband though I had gone crazy! I wanted to make sure thay I was doing the right thing for my kids. Thankfully I can now call it one of the best parenting decisions I have ever made. The teachers at College View are beyond amazing! They are always make sure that every student gets the special attention that she/he needs. In the past 3 years, 2 of our teachers has been honored with the title "Teacher of the year" in the district. Mrs. Smith our principal is also doing a fabulous job! Times are tough in public education and each year the state gives less and less Mrs. Smith does an amazing job in not letting that effect the level of education our kids get at College View. Our PTA is a very hard working group that organizes many activities, fieldtrips and assembly's. They surely add to the big family feel we have at College View. Go Wildcats!!

I think College View would do better academically if parents played a more active role in their child's education. Unfortunately, several students live far enough away that their parents don't participate in activities. PTA is doing their best with a small group of parents. Fellow parents, it's time to become active participants in our children's education. Our teachers are so welcoming, they love having us parents in their classrooms. And let's join the PTA!

I only gave it 4 out of the 5 stars because of the principal, Mrs. Smith. If it weren't for her, I would have given College View 5 stars. I think she is a selfish, pretentious woman who cares more about her paycheck than any of the children or her staff. Multiple calls to the Superintendent's office have yielded unacceptable answers. However, the teachers and other staff are absolutely WONDERFUL. My child learned a lot at this school. The teachers were compassionate and caring... and with better guidance, I think this school would have gotten a higher rating than a "6" as posted on greatschools.org. I heard Principal Smith was run out of her previous school, so I hope that the OVSD wises up and realizes SHE is the reason they are losing students.

I love Collegeview.All my children have went there. I would change it for the world. The teacher's and staff are awesome.The teachers' all take their time and show the most perfect attention to their students. My kids always come home with good things to stay about their teachers and staff. That is what makes a parent happy. Thank you Collegeview for being a great impact on my childrens education.

I love Mrs. Smith. She is very interested in the children. She spends lots of her time getting to know the kids and parents. My daughter has had 2 awesome teachers so far. She is only in first grade hince the 2 teachers. College view has lots of challenges that some other schools are fortuneate not to have but The PTA is working very hard to give the best to the children. The only wish I would have is for more parents to get involved!

New principal is not that great. She does not support parent or sibling participation. Love the teachers but wish Dr. White would have never left.

My oldest son transferred from the Los Alamitos High School District when we moved from that area ten years ago. That was a difficult time for our family because the schools in Rossmoor were considered so amazing, but honestly, our son received a better education once he was at College View. We were blessed with brilliant, highly educated teachers. We have two young children there now and could not be happier still. It has been years of wonderful learning and memories for our family. We are very grateful to the staff of College View. Dr. White, thank for all you did to turn things around!

I am soo proud to have my children attending college view. Academically they are doing above and beyond what I had imagined. They enjoy going to school every day. The teachers are wonderful, easy to communicate with and show an overall love and concern for the children and what they should be learning. Dr. White has done an amazing job with the school since she has come on board. Way to go College View!!

Last modified College View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.