Huntington Beach, CA

Golden View Elementary School 3

Posted April 03, 2015
My son is a fifth grader. He has been attending Golden View since kinder. I give Golden View 5 stars for the best teacher I ever met, Mrs.Ulrich but I give Golden View 1 star for the principal it has Mrs. Burney. When my son was having trouble in the combo class they had placed him, I contacted her hoping she could help in any way but she was cold and careless. She said there was nothing she could do. I know it sounds so unimportant but when your kid comes home to cry in his bed EVERYDAY because he can't adjust to the combo class that has bigger kids, it's so hard for me as his mom. I wish Mrs. Burney at least made some time to sit with us and talk about this because I felt her phone call and lack of action did nothing to help my son.

Posted January 18, 2013
My last of three children has gone to this exceptional school. The teachers are very well qualified, motivational, and help instill creativity in students. Students not only learn by conventional means, but also by conducting hands on experiments in science, learning by cooking, and helping out on the farm. This school has a diverse population of students including special ED and many english as a second language students. The atmosphere of the school is friendly and caring. The only draw back to this school is that it doesn't offer a GATE program, so every year it loses its brightest students to Circle View (OVSD GATE school comprised of 65+% of Asian students). Overall this is a great school!

Posted September 16, 2012
i'VE HAD 3 KIDS AT gOLDEN vIEW AND i LOVE THE TEACHERS. PARENTS AND THE WONDERFUL FARM.

Posted August 21, 2012
Wonderful school that provides a great education and a nurturing environment. Parent involvment enables lots of extras like running club and school wide events. The farm is very unique and gives fun learning opportunities you wont find at most schools.

Posted October 06, 2011
My families experience with Golden View started in 1995 with my oldest son entering Kindergarten. It ended after my 3rd child graduated 5th grade in 2003. We loved the school, the teachers, the families, and the farm. We watched new playgrounds come in and the farm getting many overhauls. We partcipated in most fundraisers. My children still have many friends they have made from kindergarten. (the Brat Pack). Now, I have a 4th child and he will be entering Golden View next year. I am so very excited for him and myself to do this all over again. I know that many teachers are probably gone and I know there is a new principal since we last attended, but I'm confident that the basis of education and family has not changed. Look out Golden View, here comes Mikey.

Posted September 01, 2011
This is our fourth year at Golden View (3 children) and we have been extremely satisfied with all aspects. I had heard negative things about the open floor plan and this was my biggest concern going in. However, fast forward 5 years and you find classrooms with children who actually sit and listen. From the time they enter kindergarten they are taught on a daily basis that disruption is not acceptable. I have one child who entered another school with a closed classroom and the noise level was a shock coming from an environment where you can hear a pin drop sometimes. The teachers and prinicpal make positive behavior a top priority here and the children's ability to learn follows from that. The PTO does just enough fundraising without bombarding you. And you can't beat the farm. It's a hoot for kids to have recess next to the goats and chickens.

Posted April 11, 2011
this school has the best teachers i'd ever had and shows the best performance in teaching each and every single student there..

Posted March 29, 2011
Golden View focuses on developing a well-rounded individual. The many hands-on examples he had in class (such as growing baby chicks) serve to reinforce what is being taught. My son was able to grasp advanced concepts and explain them to me after learning them in class. A highly energetic (and distracting) little boy, his teachers worked with him on his concentration until he excelled in his studies. We have attended for 3 years and have had many contacts with teachers and principals and can say that they definitely provide support. The extra-curricular activities are also excellent, such as the farm, literary picnic, Halloween show, and many others. Parent and community involvement is extremely high compared to what I have seen at other schools. We came from a private kindergarten and were extremely cautious about choosing a public school - that being said, I have absolutely no regrets about Golden View.

Posted March 01, 2011
I went to Golden View, now I'm in 8th grade. I'm very fortunate that I went to this school. Its an amazing school but the only thing that I didn't like was that the class rooms had open walls so you could see and hear the other teachers and students talking and it got very distracting. But they have a farm and it was really fun and taught you to be responsible,They have a monthly art class, weekly music class for 4th and 5th grade and every year they have a carnival. Most of the teachers are very nice and supportive. I wish I hadn't took this school for granite and If you're choosing a school for your child Golden View is the perfect place!

Golden View Elementary School

Posted October 05, 2010
This is a wonderful school, amazing farm with animals and a garden, and an open floor plan for the classes...its perfect.

Golden View Elementary School
17251 Golden View Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92647
Last modified Golden View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top