Huntington Beach, CA

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 25, 2015
Most of the teachers my 2 kids had were very encouraging and kind in their attitudes with the students. I was fortunate enough to help out in class over the years and was able to watch first hand the interaction between the teacher and the students in classes.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 25, 2015
They do through Pelican Pride and it is encouraged by the entire staff. My children fully enjoyed their time at Harbour View.

Posted August 25, 2015
We had great experiences with all our teachers at Harbour View for 7 straight years. Mrs. O was a good principal and was always kind.

Harbour View Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2015
My son has autis he is now iprivate school but i wanmove to hb, any body know how the program for autistec kids doing in this school? What the rate ?

Posted December 10, 2014
I couldn't be happier with this school! We moved here over the summer from Valencia, so we are a new family to Harbour. We have been treated as family since day one. Mrs.O is warm and very caring. The whole office staff is great. My boys have Mrs.Ashley and Mrs.Peasley. Both teachers are terrific and treat the kids as if they are their own. I have to say Mrs.Ashley has turned my ADHD struggling student into a eager and engaged learner! Thank you Mrs.Ashley!!!!

Posted September 14, 2014
This is our third year at Harbour View. Initially, I was apprehensive about sending my child to a public school. The quality of education has been top notch. There is something for everyone here at Harbour View. There is a strong GATE program. Harbour View offers extra programs: robotics, Spanish, band, chess, and art classes. The classes have been challenging, the teachers are excellent. The principal, Mrs. O, is positive, upbeat, and willing to go the extra step. She is accessible and concerned if there is a problem. Harbour View is one of the largest elementary schools in the district (over 800 students). However, it has a warm small-town vibe to it. After school, you will find parents and children playing and chatting on the playground. Parent volunteers are always welcome. You have the opportunity to be as involved as you wish. 70% of the students are from the Huntington Harbour area and 30% lie about their address. Harbour View does have a population of ESL students, but they are hard-working and eager to improve their lives through education. We are getting the same education at Harbour View as we would have at one of the local Huntington Beach private schools.

Harbour View Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
I tried to review 2 months ago. Apparently it wasn't posted or it was asked to be taken down by the staff. Typical of this staff. My child is scarred for life, as am I. Some teachers are flat out discriminatory to some students; if your mom isn't rich and stays at home, forget consideration from 3rd grade team. I had a teacher that didn't even know me treat me horribly because she was friends with a mother I did not get along with. Unprofessional at best. I've had the principal specifically say bad things about another student to me! Don't trust your child's emotional well-being to this school unless you are equally backstabbing. I wish I never had my child there.

Posted March 28, 2014
This is my daughter's second year attending Harbour View. The staff are compassionate but set strong boundaries to develope these kids into wonderful contributors in society. There is an abundance of parents that volunteer and the PTA has really set the bar high for others schools to follow. My daughter is proud to be a Pelican!

Harbour View Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2013
NIGHTMARE! ms O is the WORST principle! My kids went to HV for 3 yrs. Both my children were bullied, if you report it they down play it and do nothing! ms O is RUDE and EVIL to most of the kids! She does NOT return calls or reply to emails! We are talking about a SMALL elementary school here! My kids 3rd grade teacher ms goldbach told my son in earshot of adults what a horrible job he did in his 3rd grade school musical! She told him that if she knew he was going to be so horrible that she would have never allowed him to be in it! Who does this?! I lit her up with emails and cc'd Ms O with a less than acceptable apology from goldbach (I refuse to capitalize her name) and NO response from O! I overheard ms O speaking badly about a parent over a walkie talkie! She kicked my child out of an after school science class with NO valid reason! Because she said so! She feeds on negativity and is on some sick power trip! She has made my 2nd grader cry after yelling at him in front of a bunch of other students! Guess what my kids changed schools, now 1 is a straight A student in advanced classes with a 4.0 GPA and the other not far behind. No more bullying, the school does NOT tolerate it!

Posted September 02, 2013
The last review couldn't be further from the truth. Mrs. O. is an excellent Principal who cares deeply for the children and parents at Harbour View. She is great with the children, and is always responsive to us when we have needed to discuss something pertaining to our children. The majority of teachers are also excellent.

4343 Pickwick Circle, Huntington Beach, CA  92649
Last modified Harbour View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harbour View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top