Huntington Beach, CA

Posted December 10, 2014
I couldn't be happier with this school! We moved here over the summer from Valencia, so we are a new family to Harbour. We have been treated as family since day one. Mrs.O is warm and very caring. The whole office staff is great. My boys have Mrs.Ashley and Mrs.Peasley. Both teachers are terrific and treat the kids as if they are their own. I have to say Mrs.Ashley has turned my ADHD struggling student into a eager and engaged learner! Thank you Mrs.Ashley!!!!

Posted September 14, 2014
This is our third year at Harbour View. Initially, I was apprehensive about sending my child to a public school. The quality of education has been top notch. There is something for everyone here at Harbour View. There is a strong GATE program. Harbour View offers extra programs: robotics, Spanish, band, chess, and art classes. The classes have been challenging, the teachers are excellent. The principal, Mrs. O, is positive, upbeat, and willing to go the extra step. She is accessible and concerned if there is a problem. Harbour View is one of the largest elementary schools in the district (over 800 students). However, it has a warm small-town vibe to it. After school, you will find parents and children playing and chatting on the playground. Parent volunteers are always welcome. You have the opportunity to be as involved as you wish. 70% of the students are from the Huntington Harbour area and 30% lie about their address. Harbour View does have a population of ESL students, but they are hard-working and eager to improve their lives through education. We are getting the same education at Harbour View as we would have at one of the local Huntington Beach private schools.

Posted August 13, 2014
I tried to review 2 months ago. Apparently it wasn't posted or it was asked to be taken down by the staff. Typical of this staff. My child is scarred for life, as am I. Some teachers are flat out discriminatory to some students; if your mom isn't rich and stays at home, forget consideration from 3rd grade team. I had a teacher that didn't even know me treat me horribly because she was friends with a mother I did not get along with. Unprofessional at best. I've had the principal specifically say bad things about another student to me! Don't trust your child's emotional well-being to this school unless you are equally backstabbing. I wish I never had my child there.

Posted March 28, 2014
This is my daughter's second year attending Harbour View. The staff are compassionate but set strong boundaries to develope these kids into wonderful contributors in society. There is an abundance of parents that volunteer and the PTA has really set the bar high for others schools to follow. My daughter is proud to be a Pelican!

Posted November 23, 2013
NIGHTMARE! ms O is the WORST principle! My kids went to HV for 3 yrs. Both my children were bullied, if you report it they down play it and do nothing! ms O is RUDE and EVIL to most of the kids! She does NOT return calls or reply to emails! We are talking about a SMALL elementary school here! My kids 3rd grade teacher ms goldbach told my son in earshot of adults what a horrible job he did in his 3rd grade school musical! She told him that if she knew he was going to be so horrible that she would have never allowed him to be in it! Who does this?! I lit her up with emails and cc'd Ms O with a less than acceptable apology from goldbach (I refuse to capitalize her name) and NO response from O! I overheard ms O speaking badly about a parent over a walkie talkie! She kicked my child out of an after school science class with NO valid reason! Because she said so! She feeds on negativity and is on some sick power trip! She has made my 2nd grader cry after yelling at him in front of a bunch of other students! Guess what my kids changed schools, now 1 is a straight A student in advanced classes with a 4.0 GPA and the other not far behind. No more bullying, the school does NOT tolerate it!

Posted September 02, 2013
The last review couldn't be further from the truth. Mrs. O. is an excellent Principal who cares deeply for the children and parents at Harbour View. She is great with the children, and is always responsive to us when we have needed to discuss something pertaining to our children. The majority of teachers are also excellent.

Posted August 29, 2013
This school is excellent. The reason for the one star is the principal. She isn't an involved principal. She is rude and condescending to her staff. She is rough with the children and is unapproachable and doesn't return calls. She doesn't even seem to like children or her job. It's super disheartening when she has an awesome staff behind her.

Posted August 29, 2013
I'm rating this school five stars because Mrs. Hudson my daughter has an IEP. She really helped her and cared. She was in the pre k ese program. Now she is in kindergarten and excelling. She went leaps and bounds while in Mrs. Hudson care. So sad when she graduated from her class but forever thankful for her heart for these kids. The principal however could take some lessons from her staff. Because they are incredible and she seems to care less about any of it.

Harbour View Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2013
If you are a parent who likes your child to have lots of parties and events that take your child out of the classroom for popsicles, popcorn, and other treats, if you have a cookie-cutter child with no special needs and don't really want special services even if your child needs them, and if you are into volunteering and donating money and still being asked for more, then this is the school for you! The kids are great, the parents are great, and even some of the teachers are great! Unfortunately, some of them feel awfully entitled and the principal likes them that way and will back them 100%. So sad, because this school has the potential to be AMAZING!

Posted March 10, 2013
I have been a Harbour View parent for the past 5 years, and I can honestly say that my childrens' experience here has been amazing. I'm sad to think that this is our last year here, as it is time for my son to move on to middle school. The sense of community and family created at this school, along with the strong academic program makes this an incredible environment for all children. The principal is very visible and involved at all levels. The teachers are dedicated and go above and beyond in meeting the needs of all children. The parent participation and support is also a very strong component of what makes this school stand out. My children love this school and my older child often comes back to visit. Harbour View truly, truly is a Distinguished School in every sense of the word.

Harbour View Elementary School
4343 Pickwick Circle, Huntington Beach, CA  92649
Last modified Harbour View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harbour View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top