813 students|Ocean View

Bad
Good

I went to Marine View and was class of 1988 when it was K-8. This is an amazing school. I also did my internship teaching with some of my teachers that taught at Marine View. Now I am currently a 1st grade teacher. I also have friends that teach here and they are top notch teachers. Now my daughter goes here and is in 6th grade. The 6th grade staff is amazing. I would definitely recommend this middle school to anyone.

This school is great! My 8th grade year and I'm having a blast. Although with any school, it has its problems. Teachers and Staff are hard at work trying their hardest to resolve these minor problems, and I would say they are doing quite an excellent job. Our new principle Mrs. Morris, now on her second year, is doing a great job in taking charge. She is very positive and encouraging to us students. At this school, there are the amazing teachers. Some of these many teachers are very passionate about teaching. They all are truly inspiring to me and many other students. I can feel the excitement every time I walk into the classroom. In my experience, I have not got one class with a dull or boring teacher. From 7th to 8th grade, I'm starting to see how big of a jump it is. Classes are getting tougher and require a lot of attention to keep up. Since this school has such great teachers, us students can find ourselves easily able to ask and get help when we need it. If a student does not understand a problem in Algebra, for example, our teacher goes out of their way to help us as much as possible. I would highly recommend any parents to send their children to this fantastic school.

Wow - I was so nervous about this school reading all the negative reviews. However, my daughter started this year and I'm really pleased. Marine View did a great job orientating her to middle school and has many programs for the kids. They also do lots of fun activities like class dodgeball competitions, spirit days - crazy hair, neon day, etc and the food is great - they offer traditional fare as well as Pick Up Stix, Pizza and Togo's. Friday is dollar doughnut day. My daughter is on the track team and they have ASB and many opportunities to get involved. Marine View is in a very nice area and the school is kept up well. From what I read on this site - I was seriously considering private school or Mesa View. I am glad I gave Marine View a chance - it has turned out to be a very nice school.

My daughter is getting ready to enter the 7th grade. She had a wonderful 6th grade year. Roni Ellis transformed this school into an amazing place. Now her successors are continuing the high expectations of students and the fun learning environment. I love the strict dress code and the reward system based on community involvement and academic excellence. I heard many stories of what the school was like before, and can't believe how much it has changed for the better. The sports, music and dance programs are excellent and give kids a way to be involved with their school while learning.

Absolutely horrible bullying! My child was hurt seriously. Teachers are great. The Principal threatens you if you let her know if an incident happens. Not what you expect a principal to do. That is her job title and she is all about the title, and not the responsibility. A complete waste of tax payers dollars.

A horrible transition for an 8th grader! The kids are disrespectful, unkind bullies with no manners! Children are held accountable for their actions always without full review, but the adult teaching staff are not held accountable to behave as adults. There is much bullying even from the teachers who say berating comments to students. Middle school years are tough, but if you are new, don't spend these formative years here.

this school is so racists, if you are not blonde dont dare to send your child to this school, kids are bullies and very unrespectful.racists racists to the max and even if you complain they will tell you nothing they can do to stop it

marine view is a really good school that provides excellent education and fun for all the students. even though this school has really great teachers and a pretty good principal, it lacks school spirit and fun activities such as fun assemblies, field trips, and clubs to join. with all the budget cuts from the economy, marine view and other schools in the district will have to cut many programs like outdoor ed for the 6th graders, yosemite for the 8th, & more. nonetheless, its a wonderful school (:

Cirriculum taught at a high level and expectations of students is also high. Administration is on top of issues.

my son talks about how this school is perfect for him and his friends everyday!

Last modified Marine View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.