Posted February 05, 2014
My child was bullied by the teacher and assistant principal. And was treated horrible.this school staff is the poster child for school vouchers and teacher evaluations.I moved my child to a private school after being destroyed as a student by the hollier than thou teacher and vice principle. This school has no refused for the children only the platinum retirement plan.

Posted November 25, 2013
I don't understand the comments about bullying! I have never seen anyone being bullied here at Mesa at all! Plus teachers never assign to much homework at all! All the teachers work with each other to make sure that there is never to much homework each night! I have never had more than one test a day, or more than one project due on the same day.I honestly think that these kids are lying to their parents, or are at the least great actors. We have anti-bullying assemblies really often, and ever kids that I know who you would think are bullying others, are extremely nice! I understand my geometry homework more than the poor ratings.

Posted October 16, 2013
I am a new student at Mesa View; I transferred here for Seventh Grade. All I can say is that it is AWESOME! I really don't understand all of the reviews about bullying either. I haven't seen any of it. I already have a group of friends, and everyone is very kind and including. The teachers are great! They meet the standards, give a reasonable amount of HW, and offer help when needed. They are also very funny and make me want to stay at school longer! I am even excited to go to school each morning; forget about sleeping in!! What can I say? I am very satisfied with Mesa View, and I felt welcome from the very start.

Posted September 14, 2013
I actually don't know why everybody's complaining about bullying at this school. I have transferred from the Westminster School District into Mesa View for 7th grade. I haven't seen any form of bullying at this school and I doubt I ever will. All the students here seem friendly and nice. Maybe there are a few students that don't obey rules and swear but every school has them! The GATE teachers are wonderful, being funny yet still getting the lessons through. Exploratory Wheel classes seem awesome too! I think this school is wonderful overall. Sure you get a lot of homework but it's not too much to manage. Bullies and mean kids come and go. A new wave of students come in and an old wave of students go out every year. You can't expect the bullies to stay back. New year= New students.

Posted July 16, 2013
AS A PARENT I HAVE WATCHED MY SON COME HOME IN TEARS FROM THE BULLING AT THIS SCHOOL. AFFRAID TO GO ON BUS AND PE HE WOULD RATHER BE IN THE OFFICE SO HE DOESNT GET A BALL AT HIS HEAD, AND THE TEACHER FOR SOME REASON NEVER SEES IT. MY SON HAS SPENT MORE TIME IN THE OFFICE TO AVOID BULLING THAN IN THE CLASS ROOM AND IS CURRENTLY GETTING ALL F'S. THANKS MESA VIEW

Posted May 17, 2013
I am utterly shocked! How did this school get so many stars?! The teachers are more concerned about sending tons of homework everyday rather than help my son understand his work! He sometimes gets so much homework, he has to work from the minute he gets home to bed time and is rarely ever able to go outside to play with friends before it gets dark. I keep contacting the teachers, trying to find someway to reduce his homework or at least send him home understanding what to do, but it's as if they really don't care! I have even tried to talk to the administration about this but they seem to either ignore my phone calls or they have things that are "more important" to do than ensure the success of my son! Do Not Send Your Child to this school! If I would have known there are much better schools in the area, I would have never gone to this "great" school in the first place.

Posted January 25, 2013
This school has a serious problem with bullying! The principal is either naive or doesn't care. It's a shame because their GATE program is very good. Students are afraid to report bullies because repercussions.

Posted January 18, 2013
This school does nothing to help out with the bullying... I'm so shocked that it has more than 3 stars! Do you people not care about the racism in this school? ITS HORRIBLE my brother is always getting teased by "white" kids. They say the most offensive things to him... and the staff does nothing to help him...

Mesa View Middle School 4

Posted July 25, 2012
Regarding the bullying, it really helped when they separated the 6th graders from the 7th and 8th graders. My daughter attended all those years and was really pushed around in the snack line by the older kids. But the next yea they changed the schedules so the older students do not cross paths with the younger ones. The school does try to address bullying issues.

Posted July 24, 2012
I absolutely love Mesa View! From the earlier reviews, some people say that Mesa View staff doesn't deal with bullying. We definitely do! we have many assemblies and talks about bullying and cheating. Mesa View means so much and their Exploratory Wheel has great classes. ASB and Performing Arts are extremely wonderful as well as the teachers and the principal. GATE is challenging yet fun and I advise you, if you live near the Ocean view school district, go to Mesa View!

Mesa View Middle School
17601 Avilla Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92647
Last modified Mesa View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mesa View Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.