800 students|Ocean View

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted February 18, 2016
Spring View Middle School is an awesome school! When you walk into the office you will be met by the sweetest, most helpful office staff. Julie, Debbie and Anita are exactly what every school needs. They are organized, knowledgeable and will always help with a smile. Mr. Blade (Principal), Mrs. Helenihi (Asst. Principal) and Ms. Keel (ALC attendant) are the perfect balance of what any parent would want for their children. They are loving and caring yet run the school with structure always keeping in mind that they are molding the lives of the future. My sons teachers are amazing! Ms. Mitchell, Mr. Zone and Ms. Popoff have helped to not only make my son feel comfortable and safe but also to flourish in all school subjects. He comes home excited about learning and loves school! I am so grateful for the middle school experience my son is receiving!

Posted June 17, 2015
My son Dylan graduated in 2015, the 3 years have flown by in the blink of an eye. This school is beautifully run by principle Jason Blade. He's an outstanding leader who the staff, parents and kids highly respect for his dedication to teaching our children. I've known a lot of teachers and administrator's over the years, if your kid can attend Springview, they'll be better people when they leave. Mr. Blade instills discipline, taking responsibility for your actions, humor, compassion and creates an enjoyable atmosphere to this school. The office staff is top notch, they keep the school working in an effortless manner, that belies all of the unseen hard work that keeps Springview running smoothly. The teachers are excellent, I have my favorites but they're all dedicated to these kids. I have to give a special shoutout to Mrs.K, Mr. D, and Mr. V as incredible educators but more than that, they're phenomenal people. Stacey Petite brings an awesome history program to the 8th graders every year and you'd be hard pressed to find better teachers anywhere. Lastly, if you're child is lucky to attend Springview, they're in great hands. Bottom line, get involved in the school, give some time to the future of our country and make a difference in some kids life who may not be as fortunate as your child.

Posted May 11, 2014
We were very disappointed with our daughter's science class. She had been in gate classes, and was now in an uninspiring class that didn't have anything on the walls or displays about science. The teacher was disorganized and demotivating. We met with the principal and requested a transfer for her to another science class, and were told there was no room in other classes. The principal was not sympathetic to our request in any way. So we pulled her out of the school and placed her in private school. Doing so made a serious difference for her.

Posted October 30, 2013
My son has been going to Springview since 6th grade and is now in 7th in the SDC class taught by Mrs. Palazolla. I cannot believe how much my son has progressed in this class. Mrs. Palazolla and her team and kind and attentive to their students which enables the students to flourish in their academics. I'm so grateful that we have found this SDC. I no longer have to worry about my son's education.

Posted July 10, 2012
My child had a great experience as Spring View. The teachers were always available to help the students & communication between parents & teachers was great. The school was clean, text books new & you often found the principal greeting students in the parking lot, overall excellent learning environment! Coming from a small private school we were pleasantly surprised to find the curriculum challenging & the high quality teachers. Overall a great school

Posted April 18, 2011
I think Spring View is an excellent school. Having been at another middle school in the area there is no comparison, Spring View is the best. The teacher involvement, dedication, expertise and enthusiasm with the students is outstanding. The adminstration holds the bar high in a supportive and fair manner. The students have a great respectful attitude towards each other, staff, their school and the community. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 31, 2011
I have no problems with this school, my daughter has taken it upon herself tto study hard and have a 4.0 gpa, great school in my eyes.

Posted September 22, 2010
My son just attended Spring View School in 8th grade. When he has P.E, the teacher want the students to do sit-up. He did not provide the matt for the students to support their back. They have to do it on hard black-top. It's really hurt his spine. The teacher did not care about the safety for his students. I think the school need to provide the matt for all students and care more about safety for students when they are doing P.E.

Spring View Middle School 4

Posted July 22, 2010
This is a really good school. My daughter was apprehensive about moving into 6th grade at a new school, but the teachers and staff made the transition as smooth as possible. Amid budget cuts, things are hard, and if you are expecting the school to raise your child, you will have a hard time. If your child and you take responsibility for their education, the teachers and staff will work very closely to make sure everyone wins.

Posted April 01, 2010
I am a parent that is by far very upset. My kid go's here. I've asked to meet with the principal and no response after a month. I guess I will ask someone above him at the district? Then I had to pick up my kid because no one would give him credit of $2.00 for lunch. How pathetic is that? Not the teachers, office personnel and or the health nurse. May God spare your pathetic souls.

Spring View Middle School
16662 Trudy Lane, Huntington Beach, CA  92647-4261
Last modified Spring View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.