Huntington Beach, CA

Posted November 05, 2014
This school is smaller which makes it easy get to know the teachers and staff. Everyone is friendly and wants to help. The teachers are very good with the students. My student has done excellent and is learning a lot since starting at Sun View. I love this school!

Posted October 09, 2014
GREAT SCHOOL!!, Because it is a smaller school it feels more intimate and personal. We were at a larger enrolled school before and felt no since of belonging. My experience at Sunview has been very positive with the Teachers, Principal and the PTO, they are so warm and friendly. I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere else. My son has learned so much and enjoys going to school again.

Posted February 18, 2014
LOVE this little school!!!! The teachers are amazing, and my son has made great friends. Like the principal says we are small but mighty. I wouldn't want my son to go to any other school.

Posted January 24, 2013
Excellent all the way around! Teachers (We LOVE Mrs. F!) are amazing! Principal and all staff will go above and beyond to meet the needs of their students!

Sun View Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
This school is the worst! I wish I could tell you the true story of the experiences my family had at this school. The speech teacher had a bad temper and I wondered if she was like that with the kids she taught in her class. Mrs. Wong, the substitute, is very rude with the children and has no patience. I was there in the classroom and actually had a talk about her with the Principle. The Principle informed me that she has had other complaints about both listed above. The moment you step into the office the receptionist Linda, does not smile and is very rude. Again, I spoke with the Principle and some how she is still there. The PTO does not know what they are doing and the other comments about them are very true. I am happy to say that my child will be attending another school and I will no longer have to deal with this school! The only teacher that I respected was Mrs. Tilton and I thank her for all of her hard work. The kids that attend her class are very lucky and I think she might be the only saving grace to this broken down school.

Sun View Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2012
dont like the pto at sun view.. adrie is sooooooooooooo fake.. lets get a new pto pres. some1 humble and will not be predjuice.

Sun View Elementary School 3

Posted May 09, 2012
When I first enrolled my kids in Sun View it was wonderful, the teachers, office staff and principal are amazingl. We have been here for about 2 1/2 years and I am on the "PTO" which is a joke! Last year the president had leadership skills... unfortunately it was all a scam and our kids and school suffered. This year there is no leadership from the president and her "click" of friends who just happen to be on the board. Our school has been broken into stolen from and vandalized multiple times just this year!!!

Posted March 17, 2012
After sending my child to our home school in HB we pulled her out mid year and moved her to Sun View. Many neighbors thought this was an odd choice due to the "rating" of our home school. However, I am in a position fortunate enough to work in a variety of schools through out OVSD and some of the neighboring school. This has given me the benefit of viewing many classroom environments and throughout OVSD and Sun View as well. We choose this school and love it! The staff is incredible and really know the students on a very personal level. It is quite a small school which has an intimate feel. The class size in K-3 is capped at 24 as apposed to 30 inHB. Sun teachers use differentiated instruction flawlessly in small groups for instruction in both a math and language arts (which allows the teacher to focus on 6 students at a time.) The teachers communicate and share ideas as a team really well so that children in various classes are getting the same experience. The recess is not as hectic as other schools, due to more aides and less students.Fun safe equipment that my daughter loves, and even teachers and a principal that gets out and play or jog with the students. Talent show rocks

Sun View Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2009
My daughter is graduating this year and has been going to Sun View since Kindergarten. She gets awards, good grades and tests very well. The teachers and staff are doing their jobs. This year, Mrs. Folsom, the teacher my daughter had last year, was awarded 'Teacher of the Year', for Ocean View School District. I'm so proud of her!!

Posted November 30, 2007

Sun View Elementary School
7721 Juliette Low Drive, Huntington Beach, CA  92647
Last modified Sun View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sun View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top