No rating

Liberty Christian School

Private | K-12 | 185 students

Liberty is best known for it's traditional values & quality academics

Living in Huntington Beach

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $460,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,810.

Posted January 29, 2014

LIBERTY CHRISTIAN IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL.... Our son graduated from Liberty in 2012 and our daughter is in 10th grade and has been there since 3rd grade. They have a great academic program preparing them for college, as well as sport programs! The principal, teachers, staff and coaches are loving, caring, and go beyond expectations to help the students. They truly care about each of the kids at Liberty. It is definitely a Christ-like family environment. I have never been more happier with a school!!!! I highly recommend this school to everyone!! It is a K-12 school.

Posted January 29, 2014

Hi I'm a freshman here at Liberty Christian and have been there since I was two. Most parents are looking for a superior education, great sports that offer all players playing time, and a place where the student can connect with teachers and other students. Being able to talk with a teacher is very important, especially when assignments get tough and you just need help, Liberty's small classes allow that time to talk with teachers and get to know them more, through this trust is built. Our school is known as the best kept secret, but we want to change that to the best known secret. Liberty offers a family atmosphere, and the students treat each other like family. Liberty is a second home for most where they can find comfort in being there from the time they step on campus to the time they leave. Being a well rounded individual is not only a great attribute for life but also looks great on college applications. Being able to do sports, music, asb, along with options for community service, allows a student to reach their full potential. This place provides a safe environment that is considered home and the people here are family you can always rely on.

Posted January 28, 2014

Our 11th grade daughter began at Liberty Christian in Aug. of 2013. You would think that changing schools in 11th grade would have been devastating, not at Liberty. She was welcomed with open arms by faculty and student alike. Her grades have soared under this college prep curriculum and the sports programs, are inclusive and competitive, not an easy thing to balance! Our daughter has stated that changing schools was the best choice she has made. We would highly recommend that you tour the campus for any grade kindergarten through 12th. When you walk on campus, you will feel you have arrived at a place that is happy to have you. And the truth is, everyone is happy you are there. What a great atmosphere for student to learn in! Come and try it out! You'll be glad you did!

Posted January 28, 2014

My 2 kids transferred in at the elementary level, and now, as high school students they will be more than prepared to fill out a very well rounded University application thanks to LCS. This is a small school with plenty of big school offerings. In addition to the strong academics, my kids have had the opportunity to participate in football, volleyball, baseball, softball, hand bells, drama productions & student council. Not to mention there is zero tolerance for bully's, drugs, profane language, and all the other "distractions" our kids have to face in the overpopulated high schools in Orange County. Highly recommend.

Posted January 28, 2014

Amazing school! Best school in OC. Positive Christian environment, great academic classes, loving family atmosphere and great sports opportunities.

Posted January 28, 2014

We removed our son from a private catholic high school (all boys) and were looking for a better fit. We had never really given Liberty much thought, even though it was conveniently located less than 10 minutes from home. WE ARE SO GLAD WE DID! Our son had numerous issues with his former school that had left him non-enthusiastic about school in general. After meeting with Mrs. Yates and some of the students, my son actually said "I'm excited to go here." As a parent, this was a huge happy moment because his first two years of high school had been very challenging for our entire family. This year, our son was an active part of the football team, is looking forward to the upcoming baseball season and his grades have regained their former glory. He loves going to school, loves his friends, and is basically a new and improved version of his old self. The staff is nice, the other parents are nice, the students are nice. So refreshing! We look forward to his brother beginning high school here in the fall. THANK YOU LIBERTY!

Posted January 27, 2014

If you aren't here, you're missing out! We have THE best school around. Of course we have awesome academics- the rigor, the creative and critical thinking skills... but all schools [should] have that. We have an environment here that is unmatched anywhere else. With PK-12th grades all on one campus, we are afforded a safe place to truly grow and thrive. We are proud of our small school because each person is known and loved. The sports, musicals, ASB, Praise Band, service clubs and yearbook offer some of the perks like a bigger school, but you can actually be a part of it all if you want. But even more important than the ample opportunities we have, our school is helping us build a solid Biblical worldview and teaching us to trust our Savior through the storms of life. Life can be uncertain and our culture's values are shifting with the breeze. Truth doesn't change though and we are developing those crucial roots for a firm foundation to weather life's storms while surrounded by teachers that not only pray for us, but WITH us. You can get an education just about anywhere, but at Liberty, we are a place to BELONG and BECOME all that God has for us.

Posted October 7, 2013

I love this school. They truly care for these kids. Our Kindergarten teacher takes the time to review each assignment, write notes and is extremely encouraging. You can reach them anytime by cell or email. We are truly blessed to be a part of this learning, loving and positive environment.

Posted August 9, 2013

Parents who care about their child's future should be careful about enrolling their child into LCS. Yes, it's a small school, but the good reviews are written by admin/teachers there or students who are children of them. I've been there since k-12. I almost feel bad for my parents because I wish I knew better to have them take me out. Future parents visiting may see obedient children and what looks like really good education but honestly, before you visit, they tell us all that there will be visitors and to behave. The teachers never push you hard enough and students could easily push for later due dates, give cheat sheets for exams, etc. Students play around in class. Just because there is chapel and a Bible class doesn't mean every child acts like it. Most students when it came to SATs don't do very well in math and wouldn't necessarily have the highest SAT scores compared to other schools I knew of. They inflate your grades at this school with extra credit. I had straight A's and I feel far behind in college for math if anything. I would say this school is acceptable for elementary but once you hit high school... get out if you care about your future academic career.

Posted February 29, 2012

Liberty Christian School is an awesome, God centered, academically challenging and family oriented school. The teachers and faculty are of the highest quality, and they are all actively involved in shaping my two boys' both academic and Godly characters. I am grateful to have such a fine Christian school near my home.

Posted July 21, 2011

My child has attended Liberty Christian School since Kindergarten and is now entering her Sophomore year. We love the teachers who are caring, professional, Godly educators who provide an academically accelerated curriculum based on God's word. They are particularly high scoring in Math, Science, Computers, and English with an emphasis on excellent writing skills. Students graduate form LCS well prepared for the college of their choice. Many extracurricular activities are offered such as music, drama, sports, and art. yearbook, and public speaking opportunities. This school really has a sense of family and community that any parent would love to have their child be a part of. Class sizes are small which gives kids lots of extra attention and opportunities to go beyond the curriculum! Most of all, your child will feel safe, and loved by these awesome teachers! My child just loves this school and wouldn't want to go to any other school!

Posted May 13, 2010

I just cannot say enough about the sense of community you feel when your child attends LCS. The spiritual environment in which the children are learning in is amazing. I have seen my 2 boys grow leaps and bounds in all areas of their lives.

Posted January 13, 2010

I think this school is great enviroment for my child. Mrs Biswith is a excellent teacher she keeps the kids motivated. I also lime that they teach the UCI writhing method at thus school and you can see that this school know what they are doing - R Few

Posted October 21, 2009

Liberty has the best Christian Education. They have sports avaible for the Elementary kids! It's wonderful!

Posted June 16, 2009

We have started there with preschool and now on to kindergarten. Ms. L is the best kindergarten teacher ever! If I was a kid I would have wanted her as my teacher. Everyone from the office to the teachers are great! There is a great emphasis on being kind to one another. It s true they do ask for donations, but you do have the options to decline. They are not pushy to ask for the donations. They do reinforce being a kind person. The older kids are great with the little ones. They all look out for each other. Great school! They will work with your financial needs too. All you have to do is ask.

Posted October 28, 2006

I highly recommend Liberty Christian School. The teachers are not old, not too young, and are very experienced in teaching, and discipline the students very well, and care about each and every student. They even call home in case of a student's'ts failing grade or so on so forth. Their sports program holds everything even letting some elementary students try out too, and the coaches train their kids well. The behavior of the students are not disappointed. They're polite to their teachers and fellow students. It's a very friendly environment where the kids can be laid back, yet they can still act disciplined. Liberty holds many events in which the students can have a fun time. Get acquainted picnics, going to Boomers. Some of the money they get is donated to poor people around the globe, and some for the school. The tuition may be high, but it's definitely worth it.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 11, 2006

Liberty Christian is a great school that cares deeply about its students. I have two children who graduated from Liberty, and one more who is currently a student. They were very well prepared for college- both academically, emotionally, and spiritually. While tuition has gone up, there is a way to receive financial aid, if needed. I personally know of families who have received a lot of help. On top of that, the increase in tuition has raised salaries for teachers- and I think they deserve that! (They're great!) Probably the best thing about the school is that students do not fall between the cracks. There is a great sense of community at Liberty. I encourage families to check out what Liberty has to offer. I know it's great- from experience! :)

Posted February 2, 2006

This is a school with great discipline and also a lot of fun. It has very challenging classes and teachers that do keep you in the loop. They even call you at home at night if they are worried about your childs grades ect. They also offer help after school. The principle has a very strong personality but can also 'play'. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 7, 2006

My son attended Liberty in 2003 for Kindergarden. We loved his teachers and the abecka system that they use. Our son excelled at a fast rate throughout his first year of school. one of the best things that we liked was the fact that they taught cursive hand writing in kindergarden, this way the kids dont get their letters backwards and it really makes it easy for them to learn to write. The two things that I did not like about this school and for reason for us pulling our son out the next year was the fact that they raised their tution about 500-1500 each year and also the fact that they put a great emphasis on money. They are constantly asking for donations.

Posted June 27, 2004

Strong Christian environment. Emphasis on athletics. Dedicated staff. After-school care.

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 2-year college 20% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 75% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 1% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 2% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 2% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Liberty University
Point Loma
Cal State Long Beach
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:45 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Teri Yates
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Walk in
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Music
  • Religious
  • Science
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher

• Poetry
Media arts
  • Graphics

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Liberty University
Point Loma
Cal State Long Beach
College preparation / awareness offered
SAT/ACT prep classes
College prep programs/courses during the year
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013