K-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school teaches to a "one size fits all" student. If your child has ANY type of learning disability or challenge this is not the school for you. There are NO systems or procedures in place to red-flag any student with an IEP. My son has gone to this school for 9 years and every year I have to sit down with the teachers to explain his areas of weakness and remind them of his IEP accommodations. Most of the time the teachers didn't even know he had an IEP. And every year the accommodations are not met, so now he just makes due with what he can do. Elementary school you might be able to get away with, but middle school is not impressive. They treat the middle school kids like elementary kids. The middle school kids are on a very short leash not prepared for the autonomy you get in high school. So unless you plan on being a FULL TIME advocate for your child and his/her education you might look at another school.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Most of the elementary teachers my son had over the years were very nice and helpful to him. I'm middle school, I would say there were a few that really tried to help my son, but most were clueless.

Amount of homework: no rating

I have nothing to compare it to. My kids have been at the same school for 9 years. The homework load seems manageable.

Develops character: Neutral

With the Christian influence honestly, integrity and fairness are taught to the students of HCS.

My daughter absolutely loves going to school here. She is a very bright 2nd grader who is well ahead of her grade level in many areas. The teachers and staff are fantastic! Having a great school both academically and spiritually has helped my daughter to excel in so many areas. From SAT scores to her social life this school is definitely at the top of my list when recommending to other families.

My daughter attended HCS from K - 8th grade. The quality of the teaching staff is outstanding and the office staff treat everyone like family. My daughter established a great foundation going into high school. HCS is a very high academic school that will challenge students and help them to succeed in school and in life. There is no better place to be!!!

Was not impressed! The school makes your child have a screening before kindergarten..but failed to tell me that if my son doesn't meet their standards then he would not be allowed to be enrolled! So after my son takes the 15 minute test in a room with a teacher he has never met before....the teacher comes out and tells me he can't hold A pencil right..he scribbles...he talks robotic...hmmm....I really want to come to your school after that positive experience! I walked out and said I will look elsewhere!!!! Pencil right..he scribbles...he talks robotic....this is a very academic school!! He's not ready..what????? He is entering kindergarten!!! So u r already saying my son won't succeed????y!! My son has been

I moved my son here for middle school, and I can't be more happy with the results. He has excelled both academically and spiritally. This school has prepared him to become a good student in high school. The teachers are very caring & involved.

I couldn't be more happy with this wonderful school. The school has true character and is focused on the children 100%. God is first at this school and all else falls into place. The children are challenged academically and their SAT scores prove it! I am so proud of this school!

Very pleased. Awesome job. Lot of hard work by the staff for some excellent results.

Last modified Huntington Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-8