K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Huntington Christian 2

Posted May 11, 2016
This school teaches to a "one size fits all" student. If your child has ANY type of learning disability or challenge this is not the school for you. There are NO systems or procedures in place to red-flag any student with an IEP. My son has gone to this school for 9 years and every year I have to sit down with the teachers to explain his areas of weakness and remind them of his IEP accommodations. Most of the time the teachers didn't even know he had an IEP. And every year the accommodations are not met, so now he just makes due with what he can do. Elementary school you might be able to get away with, but middle school is not impressive. They treat the middle school kids like elementary kids. The middle school kids are on a very short leash not prepared for the autonomy you get in high school. So unless you plan on being a FULL TIME advocate for your child and his/her education you might look at another school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 11, 2016
The only person I would like to say thank you to is Mr. Liz and Miss. Nicolette. The both really helped my son and understood his challenges and tried to bring out the best in him.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 11, 2016
Most of the elementary teachers my son had over the years were very nice and helpful to him. I'm middle school, I would say there were a few that really tried to help my son, but most were clueless.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 11, 2016
I have nothing to compare it to. My kids have been at the same school for 9 years. The homework load seems manageable.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 11, 2016
NO! My husband and I provided grit, persistence and determination for our son by telling him and showing him not to give up. Even though no one is helping you, you are a smart person. We taught him to just do the best he can do with what God has given him.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 11, 2016
NO! My son was shown no respect by his teachers or his peers. One, because the school never took the time to listen and help my husband and I provide the best education we could for our son in relation to his IEP. Secondly, due my son's limitations and slow processing skills he was treated condescendingly by his peers because he didn't seem that bright.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 11, 2016
I think parents teach their kids to have compassion, empathy and caring at a young age. If anything the school Judy helps reinforce those characteristics in the kids.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 11, 2016
With the Christian influence honestly, integrity and fairness are taught to the students of HCS.

Huntington Christian 5

Posted September 24, 2015
My daughter absolutely loves going to school here. She is a very bright 2nd grader who is well ahead of her grade level in many areas. The teachers and staff are fantastic! Having a great school both academically and spiritually has helped my daughter to excel in so many areas. From SAT scores to her social life this school is definitely at the top of my list when recommending to other families.

Huntington Christian 5

Posted April 25, 2013
My daughter attended HCS from K - 8th grade. The quality of the teaching staff is outstanding and the office staff treat everyone like family. My daughter established a great foundation going into high school. HCS is a very high academic school that will challenge students and help them to succeed in school and in life. There is no better place to be!!!

9700 Levee Drive, Huntington Beach, CA  92646