Huntington Beach, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 24, 2013
Carden is an amazing small private school, parent supported. The class sizes are small and this enables the children to obtain a better education. Their curriculum is by far above standard.

Posted November 16, 2012
We have been at this school for 7 years now and absolutely love it. My child is learning much more than his peers at other schools and enjoying himself. The new computer boards in the classrooms are great and I love the new film, golf and paddleboarding classes for the older kids! This is a great school!

Posted March 01, 2012
Fantastic school, fantastic teachers! My two children have attended Carden for seven years. We started in the preschool and continued forward. I am so appreciative for the teachers and staff at Carden. They take great care and dedication to bring the very best education to my children. It's amazing how supportive and caring the teachers and staff are at Carden Conservatory - truly a family atmosphere. The balance between academics and electives is more than they would obtain from other schools. My children have had Spanish, art and music since preschool. From kindergarten on every grade has computer education. The peer to peer support is excellent. I prefer to have my children attend a school with a class size of 10-15 than 30-40. Carden Conservatory is a top-notch education and I cannot say enough good things about it.

Posted March 24, 2011
Carden Conservatory is an exceptional school. I have been so impressed with my son's academic, social, and physical development in this school environment. Some parents have mentioned in previous reviews that the Carden curriculum is no better than the public school curriculum. In some cases, this may be true however, there is absolutley no comparison when it comes to an overall educational experience for a child. The following are just a few of the reasons this school stands out. Carden has small class sizes which enables the teachers to tailor their teaching to the individual needs of the child - as they do this they are able to nurture and celebrate the creative minds of these children which can be difficult to find in a school. Art/theater/computer/foreign language/PE & music are not electives but an important part of the overall development of each child. The school environment is a safe place that has a consistent value system that all students adhere to. No bullying would ever occur in this school - they learn respect & peace. They learn civilty and tolerance. My young son is not only excelling academically - he is learning how to be a good citizen.

Posted March 23, 2011
This school has been a total blessing to our son and our family. The teachers are amazing; we communicate nearly every day with the teacher about how our son is doing and ways in which we can help him. The children there are very sweet-- their is an innocence that is cannot be found in public school. The parents are very involved and are also great people. We looked at MANY options before choosing Carden, and we feel as though we have hit a complete home run. Our son is in 1st grade and learning Spanish! Our friends whose kids are in other schools (both public and private) are amazed at the curriculum and how our son has progressed. It is a great feeling to be able to drop our son off at school in the morning and not only know that he is in a safe and loving environment, but also that he is getting a level of personal attention that cannot be found anywhere else. I love this school and recommend it to anyone who wants the best for their child.

Posted March 18, 2011
I have reported the 3/14 post as it is filled with false information. This is an excellent school, with small class sizes and a rigorous program that covers all aspects of the Carden curriculum. In fact Carden uses several of this campus s classrooms as examples in their local area visits for how to teach using the Carden method. Hopefully Great Schools will pull that post. Until they do I would like to dispel some of the misinformation in the post. Foreign Language, Music, Art and Drama are ALL part of the school's regular curriculum. Physical Education IS also a part of the regular curriculum and IS NOT an added cost, like many other schools everywhere AYSO operates after school hours as their own program. Choir is also NOT an added cost, it is a part of the Music program which is a part of the regular curriculum. Principal leadership at this school is also excellent; the current Director took over and began to reverse the damaged caused by years of mismanagement. I am recommending this school under its current management and teaching staff whenever I have the opportunity, hopefully other parents are as well. All of my children will be attending Carden Conservatory.

Carden Conservatory 4

Posted March 04, 2011
A small school so the staff treat my child like family member (I have 1 child still at Carden, and another in High school). I believe that a young child needs to be raised in an environment that have plenty of support, care and plenty of discipline. Regarding the curriculum I believe that the caliber of teaching at Carden is comparable to other school. Academically my children performed very well in Carden and in outside HS. I feels safe when my child is at Carden and to me that secure feeling is worth every penny of tuition.

Posted March 04, 2011
Carden Conservatory is more than just a school. It's a family. Each teacher genuinely cares about every student - and it's evident in the way the students act towards each other as well as their academic performance. I have two children in Carden, and I couldn't wish for a better school for them. Academically, because of the small class sizes, the teachers are able to customize their curriculum to fit the needs of each student. My boys are the "young ones" in their respective classes. Other schools didn't care about their abilities - they just cared about their ages. Carden Conservatory took the time to evaluate my boys based on their abilities, and placed them in the appropriate classes. My boys amaze me on a daily basis with what they learn in school. They never complain about being bored, and they are always excited to learn more. I wish I was as lucky.

Posted February 13, 2011
I could not invent a better school for my daughter. She attends music and art class every day (unheard of in a public school). My child would have "skated" in a bigger class because she's bright and social. Instead, she gets individualized instruction in attending and discipline- those learn to learn skills- which ensure her success in all parts of her life. To learn more of the curriculum, I encourage you to research the tenets of the Carden philosophy to see how it emphasizes the cognitive thought process over rote memorization. The children are well adjusted and conscientious. We came from the Midwest and I am impressed by the down to earth, appropriately concerned and invested parents. However a previous parent review mentions "safety" concerns. That seems wholly unfounded, however for reassurance you should check it out for yourself. The principal leadership, I hear is improved from a couple years ago, which helps explain some of the older reviews. The community of rigorous curriculum delivered with consistent individualized instruction make Carden Conservatory an unparalleled choice.

Posted February 11, 2011
I have two children at Carden Conservatory and I can't be happier with the quality of education they have received the last two years. The teachers and staff keep an open communication with the parents and the academics have gone above and beyond what I have seen in the public school system.

Carden Conservatory