Huntington Park, CA

Posted April 29, 2014
I like my kids school because of the care i feel from the staff. I am a parent who is very concerned about there child , but when my son considers Hope Street Elementry CHAMPS as his second home I know i have my child in the right school. This school is among the best i've seen. My job allows me to go to diffrent schools and talk to kids about my job, and believe me when I say Hope Street Elementry stands out. Thank you Hope Street Elementry for bringing hope back to the kids and there parents.......

Posted April 27, 2012
I couldn't be any more happier with the out come of this school and how much my daughter has learned this yr and let me tell you its no easy task to get through my extremely active daughter(oldest of 3 syndrome). My daughters current pre K teacher Miss Morofuji is absolutely AMAZING with her style if teaching tactics and has challenged my daughter through out this school year. My daughter started school knowing nothing and to see how far along she has came along in such a short time is beyond amazing and i ow it all to her amazing teacher Miss Morofuji, I am very pleased with the safety in this school. I like how involved the principal and staff are. I hope one of my 2 daughters get Miss Morofuji this coming year. this is a good school and the teacher is beyond amazing!!! i wouldn't have it any other way and am very pleased with the out come of this school

Posted April 14, 2010
This school has a great preschool program (S.R.L.D.P.). It is a court mandated program and it's great. Parent participation is a must. In the school year there a 10 parent meetings, 1 day volunteer a month, and parent workshops & 10 consecutive parent classes that all parent must attend or send someone in their behalf. It requires a lot of time from parents, but kids are challenged and the teacher goes beyond the LAUSD standards. My daughter is in this program this year and she is doing really great. It's been tough attending all parent meetings, classes and volunteering once a month but its worth it. Ms. Gonzalez is very strict and has high expectation for her students. She is really a great teacher and wants her students to do their best. Honestly, I wish we had more teacher like her. Overall I highly recommend this program. Thanks!

Posted February 26, 2009
Great School! My preschool daughter as well as my first grade son are constantly challenged and emotionally renforced to be successful people for the future. Many thanks to principal and all the faculty for their great participation in my childrens lives. I could not be comfortable having them in your learning enviroment and security.

Posted September 12, 2008
This school is amazing. My daughter had an amazing first grade teacher. Ms. Morofuji challenged my daughter the entire school year, and the results were unbelievable. My daughter was multiplying, reading chapter books leveled R, and her writing was so organized and developed. The teachers are not the only ones great at this school, the staff is very nice, and the principle seems to be on top of everything. I've observed the principle interacting with the children and she is very respectful and seems like she genuinly cares about the children. The school is very good about encouraging good behavior. Students are constantly getting rewarded for doing the right thing by use of 'Champ' tickets, awards, and special recognition ceremonies. The school is also very good about placing students in the right classroom. I can't wait for my little one to go to Hope St, and I'll definately request Ms. Morofuji.

Posted August 14, 2008
My daughter attends Hope Street Elementary School and her experience in first grade was absolutely amazing. I have never experienced a teacher who was so skilled in teaching her writing strategies to become a life-long writer and poet. Her poem was chosen in a poetry competition and is going to be published in a Poetry Book. If you can, I would highly recommend any parent to send their child to this school.

Posted June 17, 2008
My daughter attends Hope Street Elementary and I am extremely happy with the school. The teachers are great and take great pride in what they do. My daughter is in first grade and working with multiplications now, fluency, writing, and comprehension are really high for a first grader.

Hope Street Elementary School 2

Posted November 27, 2007
Both my son & daughter attend Hope Street Elementary. The Principal, Ms Nishimoto is committed to building a strong school with achieving students. However, my children are not challenged as much as they could be. Homework is not given regularly, and when it is, it is only two pages. If the performance of the students is to go up, and the school is to rank higher in the district, then real academics need to take the forefront.

Posted June 08, 2007
I am Very pleased that my daughter goes to Hope st. elementary, and my Son graduated from Hope st. The first culmination the school had, it was great, the Teachers are great with the kids, and the office personal the best always willing to help.

Posted March 19, 2007
I am extremely satisfied with the teachers, staff, and the education they give to my daughters and all the children that attend this school. On a scale from 1 to 10 I give this school a 10.

Hope Street Elementary School
7560 State Street, Huntington Park, CA  90255
Last modified Hope Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Street Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top