Huntington Park, CA
Students enrolled: 3,531

Posted July 22, 2014
I am a former student attending at Huntington Park High School, HPHS for short, and I believe this school is gruesome. I'm in honors/AP and I still feel it isnt as challenging. Kids in there shouldn't even belong in there. The teachers teach horribly. I don't blame them. The school was too lazy or "poor" to hire certified teachers. I've been having subs for over a semsester. A whole semester gone by. The classes aren't even difficult what so ever. Even in honors/Ap. Not saying im a prodigy, but this school is slow... Too slow. Im a freshman and still got 3 more years of this! I dont recommend your child to enroll. I was forced by my parents so had no choice.

Huntington Park Senior High School 3

Posted August 21, 2013
It wasn't a bad school. I graduated in 2008. I can honestly say that most of the teachers I had, cared for the students and wanted them to succeed. Even though they say the school was overcrowded, I don't believe that's a valid excise for the lack of effort most students give. If one can succeed, most can. The one thing that did impact me was the fact that the college counselor advised me not to seek higher education. I graduated with a 2.5 and could have attended a Cal State to say the least.

Posted August 13, 2013
HPHS is my mother's alma mater. Her graduating class was in 1930. She lead the band as a drum major in 1929-30. The class was small and well dressed, as I have the class picture in my possession. I thought I'd look up the school to see how it has changed. I was right. It's not very good any more. What a shame!

Huntington Park Senior High School 2

Posted December 24, 2011
I am a former student from this school. I will say that definitely it is not the best but also it is not the worst in L.A. I went to UCLA right after high school and I am not pursuing my masters degree at USC. I can say that I had great teachers and not so great ones. Sadly the "not so great" ones were in the "regular" classes. Like other schools in this area unless you are "gifted" and in honors or AP classes your education wont be the best it can be. I myself used to be an ESL student and ESL students get even the shorter end of the stick. Even if I had the best education possible from this school thanks to honors and AP classes I was still not as prepared as I should have for higher education. There are definitely teachers that should not be teaching and should perhaps explore a different profession. However, there are also teachers who are great and will really make a difference. The school can provide a great education if you are in the more advanced classes. I think if teachers expected more and had some hope in their students it would really make a different.

Posted May 09, 2011
this achool is very bad too many students too little teachers very desor ganised.. i hate it . worst year of my life

Huntington Park Senior High School 2

Posted January 22, 2010

Posted November 06, 2009

Posted September 11, 2009
I loooooove this school, its a great environment. But he school is in need of a new counselor. One definitely needs to be replsce.

Posted July 16, 2009
There are others schools much more competitive than this one. They show more determination and enthusiasm when it comes to teaching, extra curricular activities and overall discipline. Hopefully they will improve on this some time soon.

Posted June 14, 2009
Love this school! Great teachers, great enviornment!

Huntington Park Senior High School
6020 Miles Avenue, Huntington Park, CA  90255
Last modified Huntington Park Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huntington Park Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top