Huntington Park, CA
Students enrolled: 1,276
Before care: Yes

Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter is in the Gate Program and I do not like that this school does not have a gifted program for these kids. I feel that the kids are not being challenged enough so that once they move on to Jr High, they will be prepared for gifted/advanced classes. This school is overpopulated and i also do not like that they mix two grades together in one class, simply because they are not able to accommodate these kids. Therefore, the teachers need to be split in half to teach both grades and the kids in those classes are not getting the knowledge and education appropriate for their grade level.

Posted January 31, 2014
You hove to enroll your child here i am a student I've been coming to this school since kindergarden and is my last year i am a six grader the teachers are all nice and staff treat you like a good friend the principal is the nicest of all she wants the best for the school and for us students i have been bullied but i quickly reported and it stopped im going to miss this school i grew up here and is the best thanks for my great childhood

Posted January 30, 2013
I attended Middleton a while ago and all I can say is that this is such an amazing school. The teachers are great & have taught me lessons that up until this day I am thankful for.

Middleton Street Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2011
As an involved parent in my children's education I am well aware of how they perform in all academic subjects. The teachers at Middelton are great, they are well involved with the students and parents.Although if for any reason I need to go to the main office and try to have a conversation with principal about my child i am always dissapointed. It is a pity that the students and staff are guided by someone who I believe is so unprofessional.

Posted October 27, 2010
I attended this school and and entirely grateful for the music program. The principal and MOST of the staff support their students and demonstrate their care for the school on a daily basis. However, there are certain teachers who for some reason are oblivious to this and question the importance of the music program. I pity them as they will never realize the extent of the music program's benefits on the lives of its participants, and possibly of their own students.

Posted September 21, 2010
Middleton is a great school with great students a very strong staff. Please support us!

Posted August 22, 2010
As a parent, I got to see how well my child's teachers worked with their students. I rarely go to the office to complain or to share an issue, when i did, it felt like I was being dismissed and what's worse, the person was the principal. I was first talking to the coordinator in charge, but she was not helpful. She called over the principal. I got a bunch of "yeah, yeah, yeah" but i have not received any real solution to my question.

Middleton Street Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2010
Middleton has some good teachers but the school could be performing better if it weren't for the weak leadership of the principal.

Middleton Street Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted September 25, 2009
The principal needs to be more involved in acadamenis an less involved in the music program.

Middleton Street Elementary School
6537 Malabar Street, Huntington Park, CA  90255
Last modified Middleton Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Middleton Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top