Huntington Park, CA
Students enrolled: 1,984

Chester W. Nimitz Middle School 1

Posted July 22, 2013
I really would like to see more comments from parents, and not only from sttaf and teachers... this thats not help me to diside in a school for my kid..

Posted January 27, 2010
MY oldest daughter went to the school in the late 90's that the school was horrible. I was hessitant to send my child in 2009. I did anyways in the meantime I researched schools..My experience with the school now is very pleasant, the teachers are great (she is in the gifted program) and the principal seems to respond to concerns. The only thing I would change is for them to be strict about disciplining kids when it comes to bullying. My daughters grades are excellent, her teachers care about the kids. The lunch lines are still a problem. but other than that the school is surprising me. I am pleased.

Posted July 17, 2008
Nimitz is a great school. Working here for a few years now I can see the difference this administration and staff has made to improve academics of all students

Posted January 18, 2008
This is an amazing school. The classroom centered on the California State Standards. Teachers are working really hard for our students success.

Posted May 26, 2006
Working at this school is great. The teachers are amazing and the students are very respectful and well mannered.

Posted January 11, 2006
I am very exicted that my children are attending this school. They are in Honors courses and they are coming home with A's & B's. The teachers are very dedicated to their students. I like that this school is reaching out to the parents. I would like for the school to reach out more to the community and involve the neighboring residents to help with the protection of the children especially before and after school. I am glad that I decided to give Nimitz a chance for my kids future:)

Posted November 04, 2005
I'm a teacher at Nimitz and I have to say that Nimitz has come a long way from what I've heard it used to be. The school is striving hard (and succeeding) to make significant academic gains and, among many other middle schools in the L.A. area, it is highly regarded for the cohesiveness of the teachers and faculty in doing what's best for the students, and giving them the skills and discipline needed to succeed. I am the first ot admit that Nimitz has a long way to go, but I do see great things coming its way.

Posted October 28, 2005
I really like that parents are getting more involved in school now!

Posted September 01, 2005
I think taht Nimitz MS is a very nice middle school to have your children go to. Overall this school has very proffessional teachers and the students who come here have a very big possibility of getting a career. Even though this school isnt that good at dicipline we'll say that about 2%of the kids arent diciplined.

Posted August 14, 2005
This school is a very great school. It is very homey and my kids love this school. I think all the teachers are down to earth. This is a fine school.

6021 Carmelita Avenue, Huntington Park, CA  90255
Last modified Chester W. Nimitz Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chester W. Nimitz Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top