PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

As you will read, all of the reviews are a few years old. It is unfortunate that this school which was once a great school has turned into what it has today. The communication between the staff and parents is minimal when it is a critical time for the administration to inform the parents of the many changes. Many students did not return this year (due to all the changes), some including full replacement of staff, curriculum change and merging grades in classes (e.g. kinder and first in one classroom with one teacher). I am so disappointed and would have loved for my child to continue their education there as I loved the small school setting and the core values it once had.

My children have been at St. Matthias for several years. I can not say enough about the teachers and how they constantly challenge my children, notice the areas that need improvement and work hard to make my children better students. Over the past year, there have been a few missteps by the school's administration. The Principal and Pastor are both fairly new to their positions and I don't have confidence in the direction of the School. At this time, I am not sure my children will be returning to St. Matthias next year. Is St. Matthias a good school? Yes. Is it a great school? Not at this time and I can't keep my children there until it improves.

My daughter is in the sixth grade. She is new to St. Matthias. At first she was having difficult ajusting to the academic demands and strict discipline but with the help of the teachers and principal I am now sure I made the right decision. Puting her in a more structure environment will help her be ready for college.

All three of my children attend St. Matthias Elementary. Having my oldest child have such a wonderful experiance in her, accademically, spiritually, & extracurricular activities just makes me feel as a parent that my choice in school was the best one for my children. I also see how my younger children enjoy the curriculum both academically & religion wise & it surpriceses me that even at a young age they are so eager to learn due to the excellent teachers in pre-k, kinder, & 1st grade. Seeing how their faith just continues growing, shows me that evryone in St. Matthias is definitely doing a wonderfull job.

My husband and I are so happy to have our daughter at St. Matthias Elementary. Our daughter is doing great academically, her grades are high and her participation in sports is a new adventure for her. St. Matthias has great teachers who are there for the children. Our teachers work hard to give our children the best education. Thank you teachers, and all the St. Matthias staff you're awesome!!!

My children are very happy at St. Matthias, they enjoy the curriculum and extra activities, the love and care provided by both staff and parents who help in the school. They feel all in the school are choosen by God to help each other as a family not just as an individual. They help each other excel in every area possible and provide the foundation to succeed in life.

I am in the middle of my second year teaching 3rd grade at St. Matthias and I am very happy and proud to be a part of this educational community. This year, I have a very bright group and we have a lot of fun learning together. Right now, St. Matthias 3rd graders are memorizing their multiplication facts, learning about our solar system, and are in the process of creating their own incredible stories.

This is my second year at St. Matthias and it has been great. The support that you get from the parents is excellent. My first year was wonderful, the parents made my year go by fast. Also, the students were and are wonderful. They are well behaved and it made it easy for me to do my job. This is truly a great place to be!

I am extremely proud to be not only a teacher at St. Matthias but also an alumni. Returning to my old school was the best decision I have ever made. St. Matthias is an academically challenging and faith-filled community that prepares students not only for their future careers but also nutures them spiritually so they may grow to become morally grounded adults. But none of this would be possible without the love and support of our fantastic parents who do so much for the school by volunteering their time and talents whenever and wherever needed. The most valuable asset at St. Matthias though is not in the library, the computer lab or the classrooms but the wonderful children we are been blessed with who are now and always will be encouraged and inspired to use their God-given talents to pursue their dreams and live their faith.

I a new parent at this school and so far I am very happy. Teacher involvement with school and after school activities is fantastic. My child has blended in very well has felt welcome at all times. I have made a great choice with St Matthias.

Last modified St. Matthias Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8