Idyllwild, CA

Posted May 29, 2015
ENTIRE STAFF members (including their After School program staff) as well as the quality of volunteers, continue to be amazing. It is obvious they have a heart for the kids & display that their primary purpose at the school is doing what is best for the children!

Posted May 25, 2015
This school is amazing. Our youngest child refused to do any homework at his previous school and went from no to let's do my homework now please. Also he would cry not wanting to get on the bus to his old school to bugging us until it is time to leave for Idyllwild. In our opinion Idyllwild Rocks!

Posted November 14, 2014
I have really appreciated the entire staff and have 3 children who attend and have for 2.5+ years. We have moved several times and thus they have had exposure to other "local" (Riverside County) schools... Idyllwild School IS THE reason we continue to live here! The staff DOES TRULY care, and not only for their students, but in my opinion they obviously understand that a successful and 'happy' student begins at home. I believe this is why they are there for the family as a whole. We have gone through some big events over the last several years and received an amazing endless of support and assistance from EVERYONE during these periods. Communicating with the staff was the key (shocker). :D I don't know how or where I would be if today if we had lived somewhere else during this period. My kids say 'we love it'; all 3 have really grown socially, emotionally, & educationally. Thank you!! Sincerely, A VERY grateful and blessed Parent of Idyllwild School FYI:The Only reason I did not rate it 5 Star... lack of education and training for the staff w/ creating a successful student that has severe ADHD. No child left behind? Well this is a downfall area.

Posted April 19, 2012
These reviews are out-dated. We have had a new principal since 2010. We have found that the teachers are very dedicated and do their best to deal with the No child Left Behind teach-to-test nonsense.

Idyllwild

Posted November 03, 2009
Idyllwild School is a small school in a small community that fulfills educational goals on a very high level.

Posted August 31, 2007
Excellent School. Excellent Leadership! It has also recieved the honor of a California Distinguished School. We have a wonderful PTA. Our kids here are Excited about going to school. They love their Principal, who is an absolute dream with the kids, parents, and her staff. My child has been going here for 5 years now. Every year the Principal has new and exciting things happening at the school. The state test scores are skyrocketing! What a great effort on everyone's part. Several families have moved here just to be able to be in the school area. Thank you everyone at Idyllwild School, for helping my child learn, grow, and be the best he can.

Idyllwild 1

Posted October 27, 2006
Parent involvement great! There is alot of bias at this school based on who you are and who you know. You are either in or out.

Posted August 16, 2006
Jan 2006 new principal, nice change. Top PE teacher, good music program. 4-5 grades suffer on coverage of science and social science because no kid left behind thus no kid excels. Teaches to the accountabilty test.

Posted May 05, 2006
Idyllwild Elementary school is a wonderfull school. It's academic programs are in the top in the district. We have a great world renowed music teacher. The sports program is great too. Coupled with the local Town Hall there isn't much left out for the kids to do. The level of parent involvment is way high. Our parents run an art program that is very diversified.

Idyllwild 1

Posted June 24, 2005
Would highly not recommend. I have attended one of the best schools in California and found Idyllwild school for my own child to be one of the worse I have encountered. They have an exceptional home school program!

Idyllwild
26700 State Highway 243, Idyllwild, CA  92549
Last modified Idyllwild is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idyllwild Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top