Imperial Beach, CA
Before care: Yes

Bayside Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2011
My daughter has gone to Bayside from K-1st grade so far. It's a small intimate school, any teacher or staff I have interacted with have always been helpful and friendly including the principal. Since last year the school abandoned the uniform policy and kids can now wear regular clothes. Overall I am very pleased with the school and don't have any complaints thus far.

Bayside Elementary School 5

Posted October 16, 2009

Bayside Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2008
bayside is the best elementary school around the district it has the best teachers there and I mean the best.I know teachers should be a little harder on parents about sending kids to school with the proper uniform but its kind of hard with the recession we are living with right now but parents and teachers lets get together and make bayside a better school more than it all ready is.

Bayside Elementary School 4

Posted November 30, 2006
Excellent teachers and support staff. They are caring and offer wonderful activities for my children. The cafeteria staff is a bit unfriendly to parents. I would like to see more afterschool activities offered with fieldtrips and assemblies. The school has a beautiful view of downtown high rises and Coronado. There is a well maintained walking trail next to it which makes the school very lucrative to possible developers. The school seems more stable. I would like to see each school with a counselor, psychologist and nurse on a full time basis. Another negative is the trailers. Students seem crowded in there. Overall, I am very happy with this school and the teachers.

Bayside Elementary School 2

Posted September 28, 2006
This is my child's second year at bayside. I agree that the teachers and the administration does not enforce the school uniform requirements. I am also disouraged that the schools test scores for this year are 641 and the school is now on P1 (year 1 program improvement). This is the second year that the school has failed the CA state standard test. I beleive that is a bigger issues than how our children are dressed and if a teacher speaks with us or not. I do not recommend this school to anyone moving here because this school lacks the tools to provide a safe learning environment. The playground has a restricted area that is filled with palm size rocks which my child has already been abused by. The administration has also made me aware that they spend thier day with disiplinary actions.

Bayside Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2006
This is my daughters 3rd year at Bayside. The teachers are wonderful and she does extremely well. I have never seen sloppy dressed teachers- and I am there every morning. I have seen sloppy dressed kids because the partents are too lazy to follow the uniform rules. Parents need to make the effort - and thats any school. They do not, so they kids suffer when they have parents that don't care. But I think the school is great. I talk to the teachers on a daily basis and have never had problems. I would recommend this school to anyone. Plus because there are less kids, the teachers have more 1 on 1 time with the students as compared to larger schools.

Bayside Elementary School 2

Posted June 06, 2006

Bayside Elementary School 0

Posted June 02, 2006
Both my children attend Bayside Elementary. The uniform dress code is a little sloppy. I feel as though some of the teachers are too laid back.

Bayside Elementary School
490 Emory Street, Imperial Beach, CA  91932
Last modified Bayside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bayside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top