Indio, CA
Students enrolled: 1,294

Posted April 17, 2014
John Glen is the BEST school we have ever attended in the Desert. We have been to Palm Valley, Marywood, Desert Christian, and JG has the best teachers, the music, arts, and theater programs are fantastic! We are very happy at John Glen.

Posted April 14, 2010
This school has an amazing staff that are dedicated to educating all students. They know how to teach the extremely gifted student and students with severe learning gaps. They are a National Schools to Watch, A California Distinguished School, and a National AVID demonstration school.

Posted April 13, 2010
This school has such dedicated teachers that students can feel the difference between our school and others from the first day they walk on campus. The staff and faculty are like family with one another, all different personalities and backgrounds, but all thoroughly committed to the high standards of International Baccalaureate. No there isn't extra compensation for the extra layers of I.B. work, and the volunteer hours of this staff would blow anyone's mind away. Yes, the test scores are decent, and yes, the school has been recognized as a 'School to Watch' in the state and nationally, a 'Distinguished School', a 'National AVID Demonstration School', but only because of the leadership and respect that exists throughout the facility. Our involved parents love to see the academic society and character building that goes on. The generosity of community service that goes on year round, is seen locally and internationally. The menu of clubs and student activities only function because of the funds raised to support them. Even our landscaping is a community gift of labor, love, and community involvement. The school isn't the magic pill for everyone, as the rigor is tough to maintain. We have problems, but everyone joins in to help find solutions because we want our students to be successful. We want our kids to be life long, curious learners, ready to compete in a technology driven world, and still be well rounded interesting and happy souls.

Posted September 22, 2009
Fabulous school with dedicated faculty and staff that use technology as a tool to get kids the best support of parents and caregivers

John Glenn Middle School Of International Studies 4

Posted May 03, 2009
This is a very good shcool. My daughter leans alot and it is in a very good community. I love it!

Posted January 28, 2009
The best in the desert! Staff and adminstration serves with the highest desire for excellence. I have one daughter that graduated from John Glenn and one in the program now. We started at private school and moved. The best thing we have ever done for our daughters. These teachers and staff are at the top of their game bar none! Jonell Magnus

Posted October 10, 2008
Unbelievable school. I have had one child move through JGMS and another currently enrolled. The education is second to none, and the careing and nurturing environment by the teachers and administration is great. The principal is very level headed and has the best interest of all students at hand. Anyone not happy with JGMS, is missing the boat.

Posted October 08, 2008
Excellent, this school rocks. It seems lik a lot of classes, but the day flys by!

Posted November 08, 2007
I personally hated attending this school! I had to go to John Glenn all threw out the 3 years, and boy did i have more than a share of bad experiences. The school has a very stressful/ hectic aptmosphere that i do not like. It was almost impossible for my parents to ever get a hold of my teachers! And most of the time i was piled on with homework assignments and projects that i didnt even understand! It was like the teachers just threw all this work at you and expected you to understand it with out them even teaching you how to do it! And in my opinion the class sizes where way too crowded. I really dont recommend this school for anyone.

Posted September 21, 2007
All of my three kids have gone to John Glenn.My husband and I just absoluty just love how John Glenn teachs the kids. The teachers are amazing and the fact that they have AVID classes makes me just warm up inside... John Glenn is just amazing and I would recommend John Glenn to any student.

79-655 Miles Avenue, Indio, CA  92201
Last modified John Glenn Middle School Of International Studies is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Glenn Middle School Of International Studies Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top