Posted October 25, 2014
I Love Wilder's Preparatory Charter School! I have 2 that graduated and are currently doing well in high school. Wilder's Preparatory Charter School really prepared them. I currently have 2 still attending Wilder's Preparatory Charter School. GREAT SCHOOL GREAT TEACHERS GREAT STAFF!

Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter 4

Posted September 26, 2014
As a current student in Wilders I been here for 6 years and to be honest I was a bad kid in 1st grade but Wilders did improve me in some ways that fixed me up a little. I'm currently in Middle School and at times Wilders can be 'The #1 School in California' or 'The Horrible School' no one wants to go to.They have definitely improved in various types of problems people were complaining about last year so I do expect more people to come to Wilders but if you are going to be a new student in Middle School I guess I'll see you soon...

Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter 2

Posted June 04, 2014
I did have warning signs in kindergarten with the major military style teaching. Well we stayed til 2nd grade just to make sure this wasn't the school for us. If your child is into arts, music, an active style learner this is DEFINITELY not the right school! Now if your child is shy, reserve, and doesn't require much interaction while learning this is the place for you. I'm a firm believer in kids learning though play which wilder's does not support they don't even have a traditional playground with sufficient space for the children to play. NO music program, library, computer lab, etc. Wilder's focus is purely test scores they dont allow the kids to be kids. No parent participation they totally discourage it. You have to fill out an observation form in advance in order to visit your child class. Office staff and teacher have a very high turn over. Now, for those wondering why we stayed so long to make sure I wasn't wrong in the way I felt about the teachers. It's Wilder's culture to say 1 thing and do another. Not notifying parents on important matters in timely or following up. Needless to say this is our very last year and happy to move on to a new school.

Posted August 04, 2013
My child attended Pre-K through 5th grade here and has a strong foundation to build upon going forward in middle school. Wilder's follows an accelerated academic program so if children and parents are ready for a challenge, then this school may be for you.

Posted September 10, 2012
I absolutely love Wilders I have been a member of the Wilders FAMILY for 8 years now my daughter attended from 1st to 8th grade and I can t think of a better place to have sent my daughter to school the teachers here are amazing and they genuinely care. I now have a little one in the first grade and I look forward to having her here another 7 years.

Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter 3

Posted September 04, 2012
(I'm a first year Wilder's parent, so I can't fully rate the school at this time). Although I am very pleased that I was able to enroll my child at Wilder's this year, I have to concur with two of the other parent reviews that stated the front office staff can stand improvement (personality, professionalism, organization, etc.) when dealing with parents and the public in general. In addition, timely responses to parental concerns, questions, etc. from the front office staff is also an area that can stand to be improved. If they are the first point of contact for the Wilder's Organization/Family, these skills are paramount if the school wants to flourish instead of turning parents off. Just a little heartfelt constructive criticism. But with that being said, I choose to speak life and not death over the school, and plan to be a positive, involved and PRAYING parent!

Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter 1

Posted August 26, 2012
My child will be 5 years old by Dec. 2, 2012, but was unable to attend Wilder due to the States date change in Jan. 2012. Wilders website is not updated, It should say kids must be age 5 by November 1st to attend Kindergarden. I submitted my childs application within the deadline and 5 months later, I contacted Wilder to confirm enrollment and one of the staff members told me she would be unable to attend due to her age. They still let me turn in the application and also they tested my child from there sister preschool, knowing she would be unable to attend. The staff was very unorganized and unknowledeable of the state changes. They have yet to update there website and like other charter schools they do not have a Transitional Kindergarden. Now because I missed the deadline for other Charter school Transitional Kindergarden programs my child has to attend a public school T-K program with over 35 student in her class. This could have been prevented had they told me in the beginning, other charter schools knew in Jan. 2012 about the state changes and advised the parents before accepting the application and gave options, Wilder only said she might be able to attend next year.

Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter 1

Posted August 21, 2012
We went through the application process beginning in March. The staff was highly unorganized and extremely unprofessional. The application process took 5 months, only to be informed that our daughter wasbeing placed on a waiting list. When asked the reason, we were told that you either need to attend the preschool or know someone to be admitted. Ummmmm, why this information wasn't shared 5 months ago is beyond my understanding. For the record, this school isn't looking for the BEST (if this was the case, my daughter would have been the first admitted). Don't bother engaging in their circus of an application process. The way we see it, Wilders isn"t worth the time.

Posted March 09, 2012
This a great school and I am proud to have my daughter attending here. Thanks to all the teachers and staff member, you are all wonderful.

Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter 4

Posted February 21, 2012
I am a current parent and have 4 children at Wilder's this is our first year, and our first year in a public charter. I really like the school and plan to keep my children there.

Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter
830 North La Brea Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90302
Last modified Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 121 reviews. Top