Inglewood, CA

A Bright Beginning 4

Posted June 11, 2013
A Bright Beginning Child Development Center extends the opportunity for children to grow in character and intellect. My child has attended ABB since she was 2.5 years old. As a graduating kindergarten, she has mastered phonics (not just reading my memorization), addition, subtraction (not using her fingers to count), and has began learning multiplication. Moreover, she has been encouraged to think critically, draw analysis, problem solve, and communicate her needs. At five years old, my daughter has developed a vocabulary akin to an eight year old and is able to draw inferences, make predictions and connections. She knows the scientific method, parts of a story, and writes complete sentences. Most astounding, she scored in the 99 percentile on the TerraNova National exam for kindergarten due to the amount of knowledge acquired. The structure, leadership, and organization at ABB (Manchester location) is above average. In light of their short-comings, ABB is in need of a more diverse student population, professional dev for child care givers/staff, and fewer fundraisers. Nonetheless, expectations are set high- and children are excited to meet them.

Posted March 26, 2013
My child has attended this school for the last 2 years. I have been impressed with with the academics of the school. They are serious about education and making sure that the kids are prepared for 1st Grade when they leave the school. In addition, the homework and cirriculum provides a challenge to the kids, the enviornment is great and the teachers are dedicated as well as the Director. Communication of what's going on in your child classroom or for the month is always provided. I believe that between the academic material and the other activities, they provide a full balanced day for my son. My experience has been great and I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 16, 2012
I just called this school in order to recieve information about the pre-school program. Most school directors reply with direct information, instead this lady said ok, I then specified that I wanted the price, daily activities and curriculum information and she responded "we don't quote prices over the phone" and that I had to visit the school in order to recieve the cost. Then she continued by saying "and don't come in between the times of 12-3". Needless to say my son will not be attending this school, it was unpleasant, and uninformative!

Posted February 28, 2012
My three year old daughter was abruptly expelled from A Bright Beginning Preschool (712 E. Manchester, Inglewood, Ca 90301) on Tuesday, February 21, 2012. There have never been any prior incidents, suspensions or discussions regarding my child's behavior or learning capabilities. I was called in the middle of the day to pick up my child with no explanation why. I have yet to receive any dismissal paperwork or reasoning of any kind. However, there is to believe the facilities decision was based off of personal vendetta between myself and the owner.

Posted May 08, 2011
I am a public school teacher. I received a student in my classroom this year from this school. The child is so academically low and has very little exposure to any standarized educational curriculum. I was astonished at the facts the student and parent told me about the school. This school is a SCAM!! I have heard students are not present in school and they are marked present, (Federal money is tied to attendance). If you are a parent please report this school to the California department of Education. The phone number is 916-319-0800. I have to retain this child and he will have to repeat his grade. Such a shame!!

A Bright Beginning 4

Posted September 28, 2010
So far so good. I was referred to this school by a friend and I'm glad my child attends this school. She's only two and already has homework. They are in a class setting which already prepares them for elementary school. Fresh cooked meals daily and other activities such as martial arts during the day are some of the great perks of being in this school. So far so good!

A Bright Beginning 0

Posted March 07, 2010
the owner is money hungry do not care about the children and his staff

Posted August 14, 2008

Posted September 14, 2007
A Bright Beginning is just that a bright beginning for our young children. The staff are all friendly and treat the children as if they are thier own. I feel a sense of safty when I have to drop my child off and head to work. Academically the children are advanced. Socially the childrena re taught to be indepenant and ma ture. It gives them a sense of pride in that they can accomplish anything. The parents are encouraged to be involved in every aspect of their childrens development. I a very happy I found A Bright Beginning for my child.

Posted April 24, 2007
Great start for young children. The staff and parents communicate with one another on a regular basis. My child has been there since she was 2 years old and she is now graduating to the 1st grade ready to go. The teachers not only encourage and teach the children they love them!

A Bright Beginning