290 students|Lennox

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

A new staff and new direction has revitalized this school. The staff really cares. A low student population makes it easy to talk to the staff.

Terrible school too much bulling and the principal don't even give u her face to talk and resolve the problem we try to talk to her and she even call the cops on us to live her alone. She washed her hands saying that there's no problems in her school even when i show her proof of that . i think she is the only thing worst in that school... Dont even put your kids in there please.

I feel this way because we can't take hot chips , color drinks or anything like that. Basically saying that we can't take junk food. We have to wear black , white or grey shoes , like no. But otherwise , ehh , yeah I kinda like the school. Btw , it's too small.

My daughter went to the school for the first time last year, and she did very well... Better then I thought she would.. I love the staff...

As a past graduate of Century Academy, I have a pretty good idea of what kind of school it is and the quality of its staff and faculty. Each and every school has something that someone doesn't like about it, and CAFE is no exception to that trend. Despite this, I have nothing but the utmost respect for staff and faculty and have no major shortcomings to highlight. My teachers at CAFE have truly helped to prepare me for my current college career and have done nothing but support me along the way.

This school and any charter school needs to sit down one on one with these children's parents and see what type of element that they are enrolling in their school. A little girl in the 6th grade was dangerously injured at this school and had to be transported to a hospital via ambulance. Some of these kids are raised to be unruly and unmanageable. Most of the parents are children themselves trying to raise a child when they have no morals themselves. Something is always happening at this school. They have you sign a contract but that contract serves no purpose. I hope that the little girl is ok and I hope that her parents take LEGAL ACTION against the school and the other child's parents. Boy I am glad that that was not my child because that school would have a new owner you best believe.

I'm a junior at this school now, and you must have a lot of self-motivation to go here or nothing will get done. At first I got behind on work because I couldn't get motivated. You are your own teacher. You have to make your own schedules and they are very important to make otherwise you could get behind! You decide when you want to take your tests. You can leave when you want to and all on-ground classes are only once a week. Online classes can get very tedious and boring sometimes. If you're struggling with them though, the best option is to take more on-ground classes and work on online classes in the computer lab or at a coffee shop/ bookstore. Some people lead very busy lives doing ballet or acting, so online classes are a great option for them. Century is a very tiny school without a lot of options for socializing since everyone is on a different schedule. There aren't football games, rallies, dances, out-side-of-school activities, cliques, bullies, lunch periods, bell schedules, or class presentations (as far as I know). If you're looking for the HS experience don't come here. If you're looking for a way to get through HS drama this could be a good option.

As a new resource specialist at the school, I have found Principal Dr. Edman and the entire staff to be very supportive and dedicated to building a family-like sense of community at Century Academy for Excellence. Collaboration is rooted in school culture and the staff is caring, with a deep personal commitment to the academic and personal success of our students. The teachers have a strong foundation in subject matter and work hard to effectively and efficiently perform the current research-based educational strategies that engage and support students in learning. The students are easy to get attached to and I very much enjoy working here! I look forward to being a part of its continued growth.

I am very sad for the students who are enrolled in this school. There is an obvious lack of passion for the children from the school staff. I have gone to pick up my child and have seen employees washing their black BMW's, and overheard staff speaking in a demeaning and rude tone to other children. This school is more like a juvenile detention center and this is my child's last month at this school. It is apparent that everything that is done is motivated by a grant or different payment to be received by the school. They do absolutely nothing in regards to bullying and parents do not even get a syllabus for the homework. I understand that they are wanting to prepare the students by having them write down the assignments from the board, but that leaves no way for parents to verify they have written the assignment correctly. They are children. It is next to impossible to assist with projects (many of which are assigned as busy work and have no real learning potential). Again, I am very sad for the students enrolled here.

The administrators fail to create a positive environment the staff. They like to threaten people jobs and this makes teachers and staff uncomfortable. I personally got terminated over something that could have been worked out. I was replaced by an unqualified teacher aid! I loved my students and it too bad their education had to suffer because the administration can't run a school. When the staff is not happy, students are not happy.

Last modified Century Academy For Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.