Inglewood, CA

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted June 03, 2013
i think this school is alright it thought me alot about how the world really is it thought me how to make choices and suffer the consequences of my choices, but there are some things i like like my friends and activities here there alot of stuff to do in this school, i also like the teacher, well most of them cause they thought me a lot and show me that you have to do stuff for your self and not for the satisfaction of anyone else through and through think this is a good school and i would recommend it to anyone, o one more thing dont get sucked into pure pressure dont try and be someone your not, and dont do things so that someone will like you for because at the end you'll end up regreting it im an 8th grade student and i approve this message

Posted February 21, 2013
Highland elementary is a great school for children and there learning experience . I had attend Highland a couple years back I'm now in college and I still go back to help with activities and different things at the school. My teacher I had from there in kindergarten was Mrs.Demorris and in first grade was Mrs.Lesnick and they still are teachers there and great teachers at that the have been teachers to my younger siblings as well . Highland is a great and school and the environment is very kid friendly I'm pretty sure my kids will attend Highland as well!!!

Highland Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2013
If you want for your child to have a fair education this is not the school. Our experience at this school has been very unpleasant. The teachers appear to have their favorite students that they teach only, half of the teachers appear to be tired and lack focus, you can tell that they are there only for the paycheck, there is no effort in truly teaching our kids. I have witnessed where the kids run over the staff. The principal and/or staff does not have enough time in her schedule to adequately make sure that the teachers are doing their jobs. They need assistants. If given the choice I would not send my children to this school, they lack structure. They do not give homework, they do not have an adequate learning agenda. Like many other schools they are yet to offer an online program for the parents as an alternative way to keep up with their child's progress because the teacher does not always call back as stated in the start of the school year. This school and staff has a very long way to go in stepping up the standard that they claim to uphold themselves to. Find a charter school for your child until Highland can step up their standard. 2 years to long, I will not continue.

Posted July 29, 2011
I went to Highland and graduated class of 2009 and it was a great school! I loved the teachers and the academics were amazing! I am glad to have been called a Highland Huskie(:

Posted February 21, 2011
A few years ago I was a student at Highland elementary. I'm very proud of how this school has improved over the years. Happy to know Highland is the only elementary school in Inglewood who has achieved the honor to be a Blue Ribbon school.

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2010
Great principal will miss her.Good self esteem among the students, parents,and staff. Can't wait to start the new school year.

Posted June 10, 2010
I have 2 kids at Highland. I can only speak GREAT things about this school. The principle and staff are amazing. Test scores are excellent. This school is TOP PUBLIC SCHOOL IN INGLEWOOD......

Posted April 21, 2010
My son has had an excellent academic year being his first year- Kindergarten. He is advanced in his reading skills, math skills & writing skills. He received the Principals Award his first semester. His teacher has done an outstanding job with my son. Thank you to the staff at Highland Elementary.

Posted September 01, 2009

Highland Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2009
I am new to the IUSD but I enjoy it. I beleive Highland is a great school and the staff is wonderful to work with.

Highland Elementary School
430 Venice Way, Inglewood, CA  90302
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top