Inglewood, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 20, 2011
We had a kindergarten student in Kelso, and were pleasantly surprised by the progress and advancement over the school year. The classroom was really engaging, and the teaching staff were fantastic. I am happy and proud to have our child in a local public school, and will do everything in my power to support it.

Posted May 11, 2011
LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!!! GREAT STAFF AND ACADEMICS IS A GREAT IMPORTANCE THERE, WISH ALL SCHOOLS WERE THE SAME WAY.

Posted November 04, 2010
I'm currently in seventh grade and i attended Kelso 2 years ago. My fourth grade year there was probably the worst due to the absence of my teachers for about 2 months. She basically failed in teaching us. However, my fifth grade teacher Ms.Magel made up for all of that. Whatever we didn't review in 4th she taught us in 5th along with the other lessons we needed to learn. She was really hands-on and made us want to learn. The school really does strive to interact and help the students. Overall the school is great. I would definitely recommended this school to anyone.

Posted June 08, 2010
My son came after winter break and he has improved in all academics so GREAT. I just want to thank everyone at the school for the patience and the thoughtful HEARTS:)

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009
Awesome School!!!! The best in Inglewood Unified School District. The school is superior academically and now has extracurrricular activities. Highly Recommended.

Posted September 19, 2008
I have a second grader at Kelso School. I think Mrs. Grigsby is wonderful. She cares about the students. Mrs. James has helped my child. She cares about the staff and students. I appreciate the fact that she is approachable and has a warm, caring repoire with all people. You can stand at dismissal or see her on the yard with the students. They gravitate towards her because they sense her concern. I think the majority of the reviews reflect the strong leadership and high expectations that Kelso's leadership with Mrs. James. I think one person's oppinion when the majority say great things, reflects one person's inability to 'have their way', eventhough it may not have been the 'right way'.

Posted September 05, 2008
As a former student of Kelso Elementary school, I must say that I miss the music programs. It was fun practicing for a Christmas show (I got to present my class) and watching my parents in the audience. My nephew now attends the school and it isn't the same. However, Kelso does CARE about their students. They don't just give busywork. One of the assignments was 'Tell your third grade teacher about yourself and what you like to do'. Their report cards don't just give grades. There is a teacher comment section that lets you know why they got that grade and what they need to improve. What we really want for our kids is a good education. College really does start with kelso. I look forward to my daughter starting Kinder next year and meeting the new principal and staff.

Kelso (William H.) Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2008
Kelso lacks any extracurricular activities, has virtually no PTA and very inexperienced leadership. The teachers do not seem to work together and the test scores are falling. There are some great teachers here but the principal needs to create a new plan for success.

Posted May 11, 2008
Great School! Great Staff! Fair, Consistent, and Caring Administrators!!

Kelso (William H.) Elementary School
809 East Kelso Street, Inglewood, CA  90301
Last modified Kelso (William H.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelso (William H.) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top