Inglewood, CA

Posted August 10, 2014
Warren Lane Elementary School has truly improved during the last two months of school. My daughter is in the 5th Grade and when she came home and told me about her Computer Teacher, Mr. Steve, and all the wonderful programs he has brought to the school, I knew the school was going in the right direction. In the morning, the principal has allowed Mr. Steve to greet people as they get out of their cars, he started computer classes for the students, we had a movie night for the families, he brought back Student Council, which my daughter is apart of, he has won three grants during this time, in which the students were able to attend free field trips to the Santa Monica Playhouse and Magic Mountain. Mr. Steve has also held parent meetings to let us know what is going on at the school site. He also created a newsletter and re-did the school calendar which helps to keep everyone involved. Warren Lane did a very good job of bringing Mr. Steve onboard. He has excited not only the students, but also the parents. My daughter is excited about starting school and can't wait to begin the Student Council projects Mr. Steve has for the students. Great Job Warren Lane and Mr. Steve!

Posted September 12, 2013
Anytime a school merges it's a bit hectic, more for the parent than the child. My 5th grade daughter is new to the area, but loves the school and her teacher Ms. Anyanwu. My daughter is is excited about learning because the school/teacher encourages the kids to to be great. My child is ecstatic that the first thing that she sees every morning, is that she "is" an "Intellectual Gladiator".

Posted June 04, 2013
Warren Lane is a school on the rise! With CST scores improving and an API score of 789 (104 point improvement from the year before - most improved in the district), Lane is really making great gains. Teachers are extremely motivated and enthusiastic. Students enjoy leadership opportunities in student council, gardening clubs, peer mediation, and other extracurricular activities. Academic programs include AVID, Imagine Learning, Read 180, System 44, I Can Learn, and Moby Math. The SIG has afforded more literacy, reading, and math coaches that work with teachers and students to provide innovative and research-based instruction. Students with special needs (English language learners, GATE students, and special education students) are assets to our campus. Parents are always greeted with a smile and welcomed to participate in parent advisory groups and school activities. Warren Lane Elementary is a safe and exciting place for K-6 students to learn.

Posted October 17, 2012
A great school! The students appear very happy and the staff is very welcoming. Students enjoy telling visitors all about their wonderful garden and how they are "going green".

Posted December 18, 2008
This school is really improving. At first I was going to take my child out because of the low rate on great schools but i see a change. my child is in the 6th grade and doing very well. The test scores are really improving.

Lane (Warren) Elementary School

Posted February 14, 2008
The school is 100% improved over previous years.

Lane (Warren) Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2005
The new principal,Mr. Boykin, appears to be out of touch with what is happening at his school. His approach has alienated many of the teachers and staff. Many of the students are out of control. Under the previous administration the students, teachers and staff were held accountable, and it was refelected in higher test scores, more parent involvment. If there is any interaction with either the Principal or Vice Principal, do not expect any contact other than your initial. They are not good aabout following up, and getting back to parents. I used to rave about this school, but it has gone down dramatically in the past year.

Posted July 16, 2005
I feel that warren lane is a wonedrful school. Their acadmic are excellent and the teachers are very caring. Warren Lane really believes in parent involement.

Lane (Warren) Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2005
I have 2 children at WL, a 4th grader and 2nd grader. I will also have a child starting K in September 05. While I find the teachers to be helpful, I do not think they have the resources needed to help students who are struggling in basic subjects such as math and reading. I have been inquiring about extra help for my 4th grader in math for some time, with no avail. I also find the principal and vice principal unavailable to answer concerns. The school has zero playground equipment and no signs of making changes. I also feel that security leaves much to be desired, and have witnessed events that lead me to believe this. I think this could be a wonderful school with a few changes. OTOH my kids do enjoy the school and are learning at grade level, with help at home.

Posted February 18, 2004
I have 2 daughters at Warren Lane and my 6 year old has learned so much at this school. My husband and I are very impressed with the teachers skills and the way Mr. Sirls wants his school ran. He is a disciplinarian and a great role model for the students at Lane. Mrs Goolsby who is our daughters 1st grade teacher has instilled a sense of comfortability for my daughter. She has been learning at a fast pace. When it comes to small children (1st-5th grade) this is a great learning environment for them. The teachers tend to have more control and can take their time and help them improve in areas that need improvement.

Lane (Warren) Elementary School
2602 W 79th Street, Inglewood, CA  90305
Last modified Lane (Warren) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lane (Warren) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top