Inglewood, CA

Posted August 19, 2013
i actually graduated from this school and im telling you it is the best experience ever alot of fights (: but the thing that everyone hates is the principal -_- he is very rude!!

Posted August 20, 2012
My son attended this school and I couldn't be happier. The new principle is wonderful and very determined to help his students. They Magnet and MESA programs are phenomenal! But might I say that their Core students are... a little out of control most of the time - I'm so glad my son was put in the Magnet program. Would recommend this Middle School to any parent in Inglewood.

Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School 4

Posted September 04, 2011
I am a parent of two Monroe Magnet Middle School and I must say that I am pleased with my kids' growth and develoment there. My son graduated in 2008 and is now a senior at the California Academy of Math and Science where he currently has a 4.3 UC weighted GPA. He received a strong math and science foundation participating in Monroe's extraordinary MESA program. Monroe's MESA program is sponsored by UCLA and is the WINNINGEST MESA program in LA County! My middle child is going to the 7th grade and she is having an awesome experience at Monroe! Her 6th grade magnet class had a 877 API! The magnet program is great with committed teachers and brilliant students! She is active in MESA as well as on the girl's basketball team. The negative reputation of the school is undeserved and Inglewood parents are missing out on an opportuntiy to provide their students with a solid math and science education by taking them out of the communtiy. I am a proud Inglewood residenta and parent of EXCELLING Monroe students! There is room for improvement at any school...but I recommend Monroe Magnet Math and Science Middle School.

Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School 1

Posted July 28, 2011
It is a bad school. I do not want to go there because I always hear bad stories about that school. And they accept anyone even a straight F- student.

Posted August 21, 2009
Monroe Middle school is an great school.Yes there are fights here and there but it is till good.Im going to be in the 7th grade and Monroe does have things that you can do @ lunch.The teachers are great and just because it is in inglewood doesnt mean it is bad.Inglewood isnt the richest city but it can be better.Monroe is the best school and it is just the kids that make it bad.You just have to hang out with the right crowd!Im an magent student and i like this school.

Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School 4

Posted April 18, 2009
Well I'm a student from this school and I would have to say that this is not such a bad school as others say it is. The teachers are committed and all they want to do is teach their students. I'm in the 8th grade and I'm in magnet classes. The teachers in the core classes are as great as the magnet teachers. They teach the same material and they do it very well. I'm proud to be in this school because many people think it's a bad school because it's in Inglewood, but the trust is that some people just don't get the time to actually get to know the people here. Yes there are fights, but what school doesn't. We try our best to get good grades and to make others proud of us and our teachers help us with that. Thank You.

Posted October 04, 2008
This is the greatist school my child had ever been to

Posted February 20, 2008
I'm checking my son out of this school. I cannot believe that the principal said that her teachers do not have time to make a home contact with parents. 'My teacher's do not have time to call home. They each have 170 students the only time the would have is their planning period and they don't call from home. This isn't elementary school. You should be the proactive parent and come up to the school you felt there was a problem.' But they don't have time for a parent contact so when would they be available for conference if I just came up to the school? No if my son was being disruptive in class, those teachers would find the time to call home. IN addition, I never got a call from his counselor about his academics, I bet you that the counselor doesn't even know my son.

Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School 3

Posted September 29, 2007
My Child is currently attending this school. I made sure that his younger brother didn't. In 7th grade my son was assigned 3 reading books for the whole year! I don't think the problem just lies with school it is the District .My son is now in 8th grade and guess one of the words on his spelling list? Potato!! Challenging!! If your child is attending any Ingelwood Middle School as a parent you must be involved completely with your child's education so that he/she can be competitive to get into a excellent High School. Although the school is in a less desirable area there has not been gang activity etc. This Middle school should be acknowledged for taking the top prizes at the MENSA competition for the last 3 years. My son is at the top of his grade but if you have a choice do not pick this school.

Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School 1

Posted June 26, 2007
I just can say that I am so happy that my daughter got out from there. I am very disappointment of this school I really hope to have better treatment with the new school (High School).

10711 10th Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90303
Last modified Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top