Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Unprofessional....I requested my nieces transfer package and was told it would be faxed over. The new school didn't receive it so I called Monore back and "she" assured me it was faxed. The new school still hadn't received it so I decided to go to Monroe and "she" was like "oh...no you have to come tomorrow at 8" while trying to rush us out. I asked about the transfer and "she" said "I'll get to it when I'm done enrolling my kids just like they trying to get their kids..I'm trying to get mine" okay but why say you did it if you haven't ?..."She" walked out with a very nice lady that was trying to answer my questions while she practically kicked us out complaining how "she" was busy enrolling her kids and would get to our transfer when she was done. Complaining behind us loud enough for us to hear. I don't like to get out of character especially in front of kids but "she" didn't mind. If "she can't handle her job she should ask for help or a different position. As soon as we walked in "she" had attitude. My whole thing is why say u did it if u didn't. When I asked her how long would it take or should I come back tomorrow at 8 because my niece is suppose to start on Thursday and it's already Monday ... But "GOD IS GOOD"

i actually graduated from this school and im telling you it is the best experience ever alot of fights (: but the thing that everyone hates is the principal -_- he is very rude!!

My son attended this school and I couldn't be happier. The new principle is wonderful and very determined to help his students. They Magnet and MESA programs are phenomenal! But might I say that their Core students are... a little out of control most of the time - I'm so glad my son was put in the Magnet program. Would recommend this Middle School to any parent in Inglewood.

I am a parent of two Monroe Magnet Middle School and I must say that I am pleased with my kids' growth and develoment there. My son graduated in 2008 and is now a senior at the California Academy of Math and Science where he currently has a 4.3 UC weighted GPA. He received a strong math and science foundation participating in Monroe's extraordinary MESA program. Monroe's MESA program is sponsored by UCLA and is the WINNINGEST MESA program in LA County! My middle child is going to the 7th grade and she is having an awesome experience at Monroe! Her 6th grade magnet class had a 877 API! The magnet program is great with committed teachers and brilliant students! She is active in MESA as well as on the girl's basketball team. The negative reputation of the school is undeserved and Inglewood parents are missing out on an opportuntiy to provide their students with a solid math and science education by taking them out of the communtiy. I am a proud Inglewood residenta and parent of EXCELLING Monroe students! There is room for improvement at any school...but I recommend Monroe Magnet Math and Science Middle School.

It is a bad school. I do not want to go there because I always hear bad stories about that school. And they accept anyone even a straight F- student.

Monroe Middle school is an great school.Yes there are fights here and there but it is till good.Im going to be in the 7th grade and Monroe does have things that you can do @ lunch.The teachers are great and just because it is in inglewood doesnt mean it is bad.Inglewood isnt the richest city but it can be better.Monroe is the best school and it is just the kids that make it bad.You just have to hang out with the right crowd!Im an magent student and i like this school.

Well I'm a student from this school and I would have to say that this is not such a bad school as others say it is. The teachers are committed and all they want to do is teach their students. I'm in the 8th grade and I'm in magnet classes. The teachers in the core classes are as great as the magnet teachers. They teach the same material and they do it very well. I'm proud to be in this school because many people think it's a bad school because it's in Inglewood, but the trust is that some people just don't get the time to actually get to know the people here. Yes there are fights, but what school doesn't. We try our best to get good grades and to make others proud of us and our teachers help us with that. Thank You.

This is the greatist school my child had ever been to

I'm checking my son out of this school. I cannot believe that the principal said that her teachers do not have time to make a home contact with parents. 'My teacher's do not have time to call home. They each have 170 students the only time the would have is their planning period and they don't call from home. This isn't elementary school. You should be the proactive parent and come up to the school you felt there was a problem.' But they don't have time for a parent contact so when would they be available for conference if I just came up to the school? No if my son was being disruptive in class, those teachers would find the time to call home. IN addition, I never got a call from his counselor about his academics, I bet you that the counselor doesn't even know my son.

My Child is currently attending this school. I made sure that his younger brother didn't. In 7th grade my son was assigned 3 reading books for the whole year! I don't think the problem just lies with school it is the District .My son is now in 8th grade and guess one of the words on his spelling list? Potato!! Challenging!! If your child is attending any Ingelwood Middle School as a parent you must be involved completely with your child's education so that he/she can be competitive to get into a excellent High School. Although the school is in a less desirable area there has not been gang activity etc. This Middle school should be acknowledged for taking the top prizes at the MENSA competition for the last 3 years. My son is at the top of his grade but if you have a choice do not pick this school.

Last modified Monroe (Albert F.) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.